You Bitched, We Listened. Sorta.

Predictions of unintended consequences:

1. An increasing number of posts in STS, T&C, and AM will become eyesores as providers load their sigs with huge, colorful crap to promote their products and services.

2. The volume of low-quality posts will increase as said providers "participate" just to get exposure for their sigs.

It's like our own little Petri dish. :)

I'm holding out until the whole '10 day threads' thing changes, there's no good reason for us to make new threads whenever one expires- it's just plain bad for business all around. If they weren't prepared to roll out a streamlined and easy-to-use system for paying members, they should have waited instead of jumping the gun.

Yes, the owner can do whatever he wants with his forum, especially since there's no ads/monetizing in play- but when we start paying, we start expecting professionalism and ease of use for our money.

To you guys comparing this to WaFo: No, you're wrong.

I wish the fleshlight banners would go away too. Some of us do have a certain morality and I can avoid the boobs and stuff in regular threads but not when there's a banner on every page.

I'm holding out until the whole '10 day threads' thing changes, there's no good reason for us to make new threads whenever one expires- it's just plain bad for business all around. If they weren't prepared to roll out a streamlined and easy-to-use system for paying members, they should have waited instead of jumping the gun.

Yes, the owner can do whatever he wants with his forum, especially since there's no ads/monetizing in play- but when we start paying, we start expecting professionalism and ease of use for our money.

Im holding out as well. Im not making a new thread every 10 days.. paying for one I might every 10 days but making a new one.. nope.

Me too.. I am also holding on for the mean time while the higher power decided what is the best move to be done.. :)

As a seller, I agree with $36 one time Fee specially in re-opening of my old threads and maybe a recurring payment monthly... Anyways, hope they fix this problems right away, I got more and more of my clients complaining about my threads were closed.. :)

Me too.. I am also holding on for the mean time while the higher power decided what is the best move to be done.. :)

As a seller, I agree with $36 one time Fee specially in re-opening of my old threads and maybe a recurring payment monthly... Anyways, hope they fix this problems right away, I got more and more of my clients complaining about my threads were closed.. :)

ok move your ass somewhere else then. Lord Jon already announced here

http://www.wickedfire.com/links-seo/140820-closed-threads-read-here-3.html#post1496598

adopt it or STFU.

^^ awesome idea... setting my linux box to do that automatically right now, thanks for the SaaS idea bro

I predict someone creating a thread transitioning service to auto create new threads based on your old one every 10 days.

A Similar SaaS thought had struck me after reading the thread. But wouldn't a user be required to provide you with his Login information for the same?

Yep, same.

Not telling you how I'm going to make my SaaS work, mate. JB already tried ripping it off.

Tried? Psshhhhhh

I already paid my $36 to Jon and its running as we speak in BST.

Come get some!

Also, dont need login info.. I get the info straight off the DB with a backend script installed on Vbull and your login cookie.

Tried? Psshhhhhh

I already paid my $36 to Jon and its running as we speak in BST.

Come get some!

Also, dont need login info.. I get the info straight off the DB with a backend script installed on Vbull and your login cookie.

Amateur. What about when the person is offline or disables cookies? I'm XSS'ing this bitch with a VB vulnerability, and it's still there in VB 4 too, so it will work when they upgrade.

I have no complaint about the fee, responding as somebody who has made lots of money here. We asked about a premium vendors' area months ago, and there were sounds of interest coming from the WF almighties. What's the status regarding this idea? It's not gonna happen?

QqI9F.jpg

Closing up the old threads will really be a slap for providers like me who have been running services since early 2008! god damn it's like 3 years now.

I have the following suggestions.

a) Keep the old threads open and charge something monthly or set up a subscription so that the providers can keep them running as they want to.

b) Auto-Closing of the threads and referencing your Old threads is definitely going to be a big mess.

c) Charge something like low $XXX to create a new service thread in the marketplace and then charge $XX per month subscription to keep it running, why not do that. It's capitalism at its best and let the fittest survive.

Let's see the reaction to my comments now.

Red_Virus!