You Bitched, We Listened. Sorta.

For WF I'd eat the 30 something bucks.. but it'd be nice if the vendor who posted in this thread would respond to my PM's or email.

Dude let me know if I need to find someone else -- and if you need the 30 bucks that bad, fuckin keep it.

The vendor has delivered.

Sorry for the harsh words, I was stunned that you might even contemplate not coming across. But I think you can see how I drew this conclusion based on the PM's etc.

Thanks for your rapid response and I understand that life throws shit at us all that sometimes has to be dealt with to the exclusion of all else.

Gerry

God damn you play a mean banjo.:music06:
THYSY.jpg

Closing up the old threads will really be a slap for providers like me who have been running services since early 2008! god damn it's like 3 years now.

I have the following suggestions.

a) Keep the old threads open and charge something monthly or set up a subscription so that the providers can keep them running as they want to.

b) Auto-Closing of the threads and referencing your Old threads is definitely going to be a big mess.

c) Charge something like low $XXX to create a new service thread in the marketplace and then charge $XX per month subscription to keep it running, why not do that. It's capitalism at its best and let the fittest survive.

Let's see the reaction to my comments now.

Red_Virus!

Agreed.

Having been selling out of the same thread for over 2 years, I'd prefer to keep my old thread open so that people can see 2 years worth of positive feedback, comments, and reputation, rather than having to start a new thread and have everyone wonder "who is this guy?"

I say charge $100-200 this way it'll weed out the guys that can scam it back in 1 or 2 sales before they get found out. They'll value and need to maintain their thread they paid for. A good provider could get 50-100 jobs minimum if they do good work with good feedback.

Threads bump when they're kept active with people asking for jobs, leaving reviews, and the poster answering questions. So it's basically an indefinite ad for a relatively low price.

It works both ways. Makes you guys some $ and improves the quality of listings.

+1

This would also work out nicely.

I say charge $100-200 this way it'll weed out the guys that can scam it back in 1 or 2 sales before they get found out. They'll value and need to maintain their thread they paid for. A good provider could get 50-100 jobs minimum if they do good work with good feedback.

Threads bump when they're kept active with people asking for jobs, leaving reviews, and the poster answering questions. So it's basically an indefinite ad for a relatively low price.

Whatever be the amount - pay and let us open our old threads

I dont understand the logic behind opening new threads each 10 days. And also I haven't seen Jon or any of the Mods explaining the logic behind it anywhere.

Yeah seriously keep using the old threads. I'm not a seller, I'm a buyer. I put all the services I use or may use in the bookmarks, only to find at a later date its closed and the need to find the new equivalent service.

Closing up the old threads will really be a slap for providers like me who have been running services since early 2008! god damn it's like 3 years now.

I have the following suggestions.

a) Keep the old threads open and charge something monthly or set up a subscription so that the providers can keep them running as they want to.

b) Auto-Closing of the threads and referencing your Old threads is definitely going to be a big mess.

c) Charge something like low $XXX to create a new service thread in the marketplace and then charge $XX per month subscription to keep it running, why not do that. It's capitalism at its best and let the fittest survive.

Let's see the reaction to my comments now.

Red_Virus!

I agree as well.

D

On top of paying you should:

Geo ip block everyone who is not in a first world country. Then block all ips that have a known proxy score via maxmind proxy lookup. This should take care of 80% -90% of any of the bullshit that still wants to pay 50$ a post on there fuckin foreign scammmmmmmm services.