Votes: 255 12.7%
  • $1500-5000

Votes: 200 9.9%
  • $5000-10000

Votes: 102 5.1%
  • More than $10000

Votes: 215 10.7%

• Total voters
...I studied this industry for 6 months... I spent about 5k my first month, made 10k and so my profit was 5k my first month...
My start was 6 months ago. I started with 0 of AM and technical knowledge. First 2 months I spent on studying AM blogs, Photoshop and Dreamweaver.

Since the launch of my first PPC campaign Ive already invested around $1k and my revenue has been only $50 (or $950 loss) :) However, I don't give up, because I see that my techical skills and AM knowledge have improved a lot.

I believe I have to keep pushin it and I will make profits one day. Yeah, "Just do it" :)

Hi, i am a newbie too, just started out with a 0$ budget to spend over here, im still working over getting my bdget to spend over AM, i earn about 300$ a month.I feel its gus, isnt it?

I work a full time job during the day (10-12hrs/day) and do the affiliate marketing thing in the evenings and on the weekends. If you're looking to make a quick dollar, forget it, its a lot of hard work and its not easy. I'm earning well over $500 a day now and I've only been at it since December but I've had a lot of luck and put in many, many hours.

I found the biggest barrier to entry to be cash flow - almost impossible to keep up in the beginning with networks giving you net+15. Even if you have a great campaign, you can't scale it or you'll have 0$ left in your accounts.

I work a full time job during the day (10-12hrs/day) and do the affiliate marketing thing in the evenings and on the weekends. If you're looking to make a quick dollar, forget it, its a lot of hard work and its not easy. I'm earning well over $500 a day now and I've only been at it since December but I've had a lot of luck and put in many, many hours.

I found the biggest barrier to entry to be cash flow - almost impossible to keep up in the beginning with networks giving you net+15. Even if you have a great campaign, you can't scale it or you'll have 0$ left in your accounts.

ideally how much cash do you think someone should have before they start affiliate marketing?

ideally how much cash do you think someone should have before they start affiliate marketing?

In December when I started really ramping things up I had about 15k in my checking accnt. That lasted about a week and a half, then I was desperate to get paid. To be honest, if I had a credit card back then, things would have been easier. To start with though, I was just running things off my bank card - very hard to keep up.

You can start with less, depending on your campaign, its costs and its payouts. Its all relative to how much volume you want to do and how quickly you want to ramp things up. Even if you have a great campaign, you can ramp it up slowly to preserve your cash flow until you can get on weekly wires.

Whatever you think is "realistic", triple it and set that as your goal, write it down, then read it everyday until it becomes reality.

what was your goal initially?

My initial goal was to make any money at all. A positive ROI would have worked. That then quickly got to $100 a day and then set my goals much higher and started to hit them just as easily as I hit $100 a day. I then went to my first conference (Affiliate Summit) and met some people I had only known online previously and all the sudden (despite making more than 95% of the population) I felt like I wasn't doing shit so I again raised my goals to some crazy figures that pretty much made the few people I told (friends and family) laugh or blow me off and calling me "unrealistic". Well they were also hit within a few months time and new goals are in place once again.

Bottom line is it's pretty much all in your head. You make whatever you are subconsciously trainted to think you should make. If you can get to $100 a day and by then have all the fundamentals down pat then from there you can really get to any income level you choose as long as you make up your mind to get there and really believe it's a possible reality. I probably would have been content making $500 a day and stayed there if I never went to a show and met and spoke with people making 10 times as much.

My initial goal was to make any money at all. A positive ROI would have worked. That then quickly got to $100 a day and then set my goals much higher and started to hit them just as easily as I hit $100 a day. I then went to my first conference (Affiliate Summit) and met some people I had only known online previously and all the sudden (despite making more than 95% of the population) I felt like I wasn't doing shit so I again raised my goals to some crazy figures that pretty much made the few people I told (friends and family) laugh or blow me off and calling me "unrealistic". Well they were also hit within a few months time and new goals are in place once again.

Bottom line is it's pretty much all in your head. You make whatever you are subconsciously trainted to think you should make. If you can get to $100 a day and by then have all the fundamentals down pat then from there you can really get to any income level you choose as long as you make up your mind to get there and really believe it's a possible reality. I probably would have been content making $500 a day and stayed there if I never went to a show and met and spoke with people making 10 times as much.

So you're saying that 95% of affiliate marketers dont make $100 or more a day?

Damn straight. There's almost no barrier to entry in this field. Anyone can sign up to shitbank or another network, throw some affiliate links around, and call themselves an Affiliate Marketer. 95% of those who claim the title have no business breathing the same air as someone who makes even $100 a day.

Damn straight. There's almost no barrier to entry in this field. Anyone can sign up to shitbank or another network, throw some affiliate links around, and call themselves an Affiliate Marketer. 95% of those who claim the title have no business breathing the same air as someone who makes even $100 a day.

well obviously. im talking about the person who dedicates a lot of time into their work, not some schmo who doesnt do jack shit

well obviously. im talking about the person who dedicates a lot of time into their work, not some schmo who doesnt do jack shit

Action, my friend. Take action. Yes, if your question is can a normal person who applies themselves make more money in this industry than almost any other, then yes. Your answer is yes.

But you need to get out of this "gathering information to try to boast my confidence level" stage and start taking ACTION. Learn the business. Read. Do. Practice. Do. Test. Do. Take. Action.

No that's not what I said, at least not what I meant to say. I skipped ahead a little bit when writing that as I was making much more than $100 a day when I attended my first conference. Also I said the "population" as in entire population, not just affiliate marketers.

I would agree though that 95% of affiliate marketers probably make less than $100 a day if you count everyone though. Don't forget how many people just have sites and throw links up or sign up for networks and do very little if anything. For every guy you hear who is banking there are at least 100 more who read all day, chat on irc, try a little and give up, have links on a crappy site they tried to seo etc etc.