Votes: 255 12.7%
  • $1500-5000

Votes: 200 9.9%
  • $5000-10000

Votes: 102 5.1%
  • More than $10000

Votes: 215 10.7%

• Total voters
There's 100 different ways to make income from affiliate marketing.

I should easily hit a decent #, after 3 months of being in on it. I'm at day #40 of affiliate marketing, and day 56 of "Making money online" overall. My past 5day profit average has been right around $45/day , which is just about on par with my 2 month goal of $100/day.

Everything has worked out ALOT differently than I expected, but that's ok, i'm atleast making progress :)

I started dec 31. Today, I made $210. Overall, I'm just breaking out of my hole. Some PPC, some website, and some email.

Really, if it takes a bunch of money, up front, hold off for a couple of weeks until you get some experience. if you pay attention, it shouldn't take long. Stats, numbers, and tracking will tell you what is working.

Most of the PPC stuff (google, yahoo, msn, etc) have starter coupons. search for them, and use that money off the start.

At this point, my blog has not helped at all. I'm sure it will, but don't pour everything into only one source. It could take forever before it starts doing something. keep at it, but not all day every day and wait for that one to get going. Spread out a little bit, and find you niche.

Oh yeah.. understand what a niche is. "cars" are not a niche. "Red, 2009 ferrari 599" is a niche. Street rod posters, pencil top erasers, nokia 5600 leather cover with white stitching. These are all niches.

ppc coach is a great idea if you are new to the game. Most will give up if they dont get some structured guidance...its VERY hard to succeed in this game

most will give up once they start seeing money in the red. some of my more successful campaigns were run at a net loss, then after all the testing was said and done, the only thing left going were greener pastures and $$$. in other words, don't be afraid to lose money.

I started marketing with a very little budget and after 3 months I made about $200 per month, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Earning could vary from person to person because it depends on a lot of factors. What I think is it depends on kind of offers we choose to promote(niche) and kind of promotional methods we use. If we are consistent and put decent effort then earning around 5k wouldn't be a big thing after 3 months.

I'm just now hitting my 1 month anniversay at taking it seriously and I've made over 1k. I'm hoping to hit the 5k mark by my 3 month anniversary. These figures are monthly...

Hopefully this will give encouragement to some newbies.

I studied this industry for 6 months. I mean I read thousands of pages of material. I had never built a website before, didn't know html, and had no online marketing experience before I started studying.

I started with about $15k in the bank. But my goal was to at least break even on every campaign (not realistic), so I wasn't looking to risk 15k. It was all I had and so if I went broke I was fucked. I spent about 5k my first month, made 10k and so my profit was 5k my first month.

My second month I learned what weekly wires were and I did 60K in sales and made around 30k profit. So, if you count the time I was actually doing affiliate marketing, I made $30k in profit my second month. If you take the date that I started studying, then I made 35k total in my first 8 months, because the first 6 months I was studying it.

But it should at least give some encouragement to some of the new guys.

and I should add, the success I had in month two obviously laid a good foundation for building my business out from there. From then on out, I didn't have to worry so much about money, but I always kept a healthy respect for the fact the revenue streams can dry up in this industry at any moment.

Expand and diversify, expand and diversify...

Not all of us make this kind of cash obviously. If you are willing to commit the time, effort and money into growing your business, you will start to see some positive results.

Hopefully this will give encouragement to some newbies.

I studied this industry for 6 months. I mean I read thousands of pages of material. I had never built a website before, didn't know html, and had no online marketing experience before I started studying.

I started with about $15k in the bank. But my goal was to at least break even on every campaign (not realistic), so I wasn't looking to risk 15k. It was all I had and so if I went broke I was fucked. I spent about 5k my first month, made 10k and so my profit was 5k my first month.

My second month I learned what weekly wires were and I did 60K in sales and made around 30k profit. So, if you count the time I was actually doing affiliate marketing, I made $30k in profit my second month. If you take the date that I started studying, then I made 35k total in my first 8 months, because the first 6 months I was studying it.

But it should at least give some encouragement to some of the new guys.

just curious was the majority of that ppc?

lol @ all the misinformation in this thread.

Yeah guys you don't need more than $100 or so to pay for all the traffic you'll need to earn $10k a month....

wow, just wow.

Some of the hype stories in this thread just sound totally made up.

Anyhow, if you have the guidance of someone who is already making this much or more, you can start making $10k in 3 to 5 months. You need to concentrate on getting the knowledge first to make your first $10k. To get that knowledge, just sign up to some networks and start promoting offers. Once you do that, you'll have the right questions to ask on the forums.

It depends on where the person's starting from. People come in with different assets, skills, drive levels. Somebody who has a background in marketing might make progress a lot faster than somebody who was working at McDonalds. On the other hand, the McDonald's dude might be more motivated and ambitious. Who knows?

The biggest problem for most newbies is that they keep jumping around from one moneymaking opportunity to the next and leaving things partially done instead of following through. That, and reading, reading, reading instead of doing. That's what kills them more than anything.

I think I'd made around $120 total by my first 3 months.

It's possible to make $10k after 3 months, but that's really exceptional results.

If you are trying the SEO natural search traffic way, 100$ a month after 3 months seems to be realistic.

PPC at the beginning depends on how much you can invest (and lose) and a bit on luck, too, since competition is fierce and a campaign that's doing great today can create a negative ROI a week later, so $500 seems perfectly fine for a newbie in the first months. Almost everybody is using the same or similar tools, there isn't really a secret advantage only a few have, and your competitiors probably know about you the day after you launched a campaign. There are many niches that are still very profitable, but like every business, it's smaller steps at the beginning.

Bottom line: You can make good money with SEO or PPC, but don't expect too much when you just started. High goals are important, but totally unrealitic expectations only lead to frustration. 95 out of 100 people fail, because they believe the stuff the ebooks tell them.

Thank goodness somebody is telling the truth. with the cost of web sites, domain names and content writers, you could easily go negative in your first year. So it depends on the market you are selling and what your commissions are like, etc.

But seriously if your economic situation is so bad, why were you cutting back on "clubbing and golf" or for that matter how can you spare $300 per month on AM? I can't spend that much and I am a US citizen.

"I can't spend that much and I am a US citizen."

I am from 3rd world and that's fucking unbelievable for me. Just learn to save. Very easy later when you start.