Why would anyone on this forum be a democrat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's better things to whine about than fucking spinach, for fucks sake. I think I paid like 2 or 3 bucks for a bag the other day, no big deal.

Regular gas on the other hand was $3.89 on my way home tonight. That's worth whining about...

Your missing the point. Someone pointed out how poor people in America are fat, I'm just offering an explanation. Spinach was just an example, you could replace it with any other healthy food and the results would be the same.

deficitdh6.gif

^Interesting. Would you post the link to that chart please? I see cbo.gov but that's a big freakin site.

Yes, and nobody forced Bush to issue a stop-loss in which he can extend a person's tour by any amount of time he wants. There's also national guards in Iraq serving years when they only signed up to serve a couple of weeks a year.

If you join the military (even the Guard) hopefully you understand that it is entirly possible that you might be sent off for an undetermined amount of time to fight enemies as the Commander and Chief sees fit. Even as a Guard member you are compensated not only for your weekend a month and 2 weeks a year but also to be on "call" if you are needed elsewhere.

Our military is 100% voluntary. If you feel that you might not want to spend a couple of years in Iraq, etc getting shot at. then it is simple: DONT SIGN UP.

Problem is its not our soldiers that are worried about having to spend extra months/years in the Middle East. It's the civillians back home that really know nothing of what's really going on in the Middle east, that are all up in arms. Reinlistment is off the chart for our soldiers. Our armed forces are not having any problems whatsoever in meeting their enlistment and re-inlistment goals. Why you ask? Because are soldiers are the best in the world and the they know the importance of their task in the Middle East and are determined to complete those task. If that means spending 4 years in hell hole Iraq and then re-inlisting for another 4, then so be it.

Nobody is stopping you rich Democrats from paying more taxes than you currently do. Just send the IRS an extra check and put "feed the ghetto" in the memo section and I'm sure the gov't will make those funds available to the people that need it.

Or is one person paying more taxes than another not fair even if that money goes to the people who are less fortunate. Sounds like republican thinking to me.

Just think, if you do that and solve the problems you are bitching about here you can call republicans whatever you want with a clear conscience. Until then you are just asking for a handout.

Here's another point for you to think about ... What social class contains most drug dealers? How about prostitutes? How much in taxes do they pay? I bet if we actually got tax money coming from the bucket that we would have the funds available to feed those that actually need the help.

Ridding ourselves of the IRS and implementing a flat national sales tax solves the above problems and puts everyone on a level playing field. It's fair for everyone because it taxes what you spend not what you make. And we finally get taxes on multi-billion dollar businesses like slinging pods and pimpin' hoes.

Go ahead liberals, flame me for my logical conservative views.

Now if only conservatives were actually fiscally conservative...

The Grand Old Spending Party: How Republicans Became Big Spenders
Republicans and Big Government - James Ostrowski - Mises Institute

Cutting taxes and expanding government (even excluding military spending) just doesn't work. I can't support the party of "limited government" when they actually expand government, and when their socially conservative policies are intruding into how citizens live their lives (not to mention any other government intrusions this administration has supported).

Conservatives just dislike big government when they're not the ones running it. When they are in power they find that they actually quite like it.

Now if only conservatives were actually fiscally conservative...

The Grand Old Spending Party: How Republicans Became Big Spenders
Republicans and Big Government - James Ostrowski - Mises Institute

Cutting taxes and expanding government (even excluding military spending) just doesn't work. I can't support the party of "limited government" when they actually expand government, and when their socially conservative policies are intruding into how citizens live their lives (not to mention any other government intrusions this administration has supported).

You are correct. The Republicans today are acting like democrats and that's why I have a problem with the current administration.

George Bush minus a few war policies and the against murdering babys thing, IS a freakin democrat. He has spent more on social programs than any President in history. He is sending more aid to Africa than any President in history.

The Party of Lincoln needs new leadership. We need to move more towards the values the party was founded upon.

Though, I will give GWB a gold star for the fact that we have not been attacked on US soil since 9/11, even though many extremist have tried to plot it.

Our military is 100% voluntary. If you feel that you might not want to spend a couple of years in Iraq, etc getting shot at. then it is simple: DONT SIGN UP.

I completely agree with you (for a change!).

My sister's in the Navy and has spent a few proportion of the last few years in Basra. (Half the reason I'm following this election so closely - whoever wins, the government here will undoubtedly follow them like sheep.) I'd fuckin hate for anything to happen to her, but she made that choice with her eyes open (well, as open as they can be at 17).

Leaving aside friends and family as that's different, I feel sadder when I hear about another innocent Iraqi killed than I do about the death of a British or US soldier who chose that life.

I know recruiters are pretty good salesmen and target poor areas where it may seem like the only option, there's probably a fair amount of social pressure too, but they do have a choice, unlike most of the victims of this conflict.

Though, I will give GWB a gold star for the fact that we have not been attacked on US soil since 9/11, even though many extremist have tried to plot it.

Not trying to flame on this, but do you have links to any proof of that statement? I'm honestly interested in reading about them if you do.

I knew me agreeing with you wouldn't last.. oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I kinda surprised there hasn't been another one yet, especially when Bush & co have done so well at turning a handful of extremists into armies of millions of flag-burning jihadists. Maybe they are waiting til after the election - when they need another war or a good excuse to reduce civil liberties even further?

Not trying to flame on this, but do you have links to any proof of that statement? I'm honestly interested in reading about them if you do.

December 2001, Richard Reid: British citizen attempted to ignite shoe bomb on flight from Paris to Miami.

• May 2002, Jose Padilla: American citizen accused of seeking "dirty bomb," convicted of conspiracy.

• September 2002, Lackawanna Six: American citizens of Yemeni origin convicted of supporting Al Qaeda. Five of six were from Lackawanna, N.Y.

• May 2003, Iyman Faris: American citizen charged with trying to topple the Brooklyn Bridge.

• June 2003, Virginia Jihad Network: Eleven men from Alexandria, Va., trained for jihad against American soldiers, convicted of violating the Neutrality Act, conspiracy.

• August 2004, Dhiren Barot: Indian-born leader of terror cell plotted bombings on financial centers (see additional images).

• August 2004, James Elshafay and Shahawar Matin Siraj: Sought to plant bomb at New York's Penn Station during the Republican National Convention.

• August 2004, Yassin Aref and Mohammed Hossain: Plotted to assassinate a Pakistani diplomat on American soil.

• June 2005, Father and son Umer Hayat and Hamid Hayat: Son convicted of attending terrorist training camp in Pakistan; father convicted of customs violation.

• August 2005, Kevin James, Levar Haley Washington, Gregory Vernon Patterson and Hammad Riaz Samana: Los Angeles homegrown terrorists who plotted to attack National Guard, LAX, two synagogues and Israeli consulate.

• December 2005, Michael Reynolds: Plotted to blow up refinery in Wyoming, convicted of providing material support to terrorists.

• February 2006, Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi and Zand Wassim Mazloum: Accused of providing material support to terrorists, making bombs for use in Iraq.

• April 2006, Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee: Cased and videotaped the Capitol and World Bank for a terrorist organization.

• June 2006, Narseal Batiste, Patrick Abraham, Stanley Grant Phanor, Naudimar Herrera, Burson Augustin, Lyglenson Lemorin, and Rotschild Augstine: Accused of plotting to blow up the Sears Tower.

• July 2006, Assem Hammoud: Accused of plotting to hit New York City train tunnels.

• August 2006, Liquid Explosives Plot: Thwarted plot to explode ten airliners over the United States.

• May 2007, Fort Dix Plot: Six men accused of plotting to attack Fort Dix Army base in New Jersey.

• June 2007, JFK Plot: Four men accused of plotting to blow up fuel arteries underneath JFK Airport in New York.

• March 2007, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed: Mastermind of Sept. 11 and author of numerous plots confessed in court in March 2007 to planning to destroy skyscrapers in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

Though I guess this was a bit too close to 9/11, does anyone remember the anthrax letters? I'd consider those acts of terrorism, especially since people died from it... still unsolved.

Though I guess this was a bit too close to 9/11, does anyone remember the anthrax letters? I'd consider those acts of terrorism, especially since people died from it... still unsolved.

Interesting....
On 9 May 2002, New Scientist published an article that reported:
'The DNA sequence of the anthrax sent through the US mail in 2001 has been revealed and confirms suspicions that the bacteria originally came from a US military laboratory. The data released uses codenames for the reference strains against which the attack strain was compared. The two reference strains that appear identical to the attack strain most likely originated at the US Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick (USAMRIID), Maryland.
The new work also shows that substantial genetic differences can emerge in two samples of an anthrax culture separated for only three years. This means the attacker's anthrax was not separated from its ancestors at USAMRIID for many generations.' [27]

It's all really dodgy.. finger's being pointed everywhere from Iraq to the CIA. Kinda looks like it's 'unsolved' for a reason.

Some Numbers
$4,950,000,000,000 trillion Dollars is the price tag on iraq/afghanistan
$3.586 national gas average today 4-25-08
301,139,947 united states citizens

What Iraq and Afghanistan is costing us?

$16,437 could be refunded to each citizen.. (Nice replacement to kicker eh?)
4584 gallons of gasoline per citizen (I use ~80 gallons a month That would be gas paid for 57.3 months for me)
That’s a car for anyone who wants one...
That’s food for anyone that’s hungry.
That’s a good chunk of cash towards medical insurance. (Medical runs me $1,400 a year (24 single adult) That’s medical insurance for a few years.)

I think we need to review our focus and get the hell out of IRAQ.

To be honest I don’t care if everyone in IRAQ kills each other or if they peacefully get along.

I don’t live in IRAQ. I live a few miles away.. In the US of A! =)

I see people in my state struggling, I see trucking companies going under. Enough’s enough get the fuck outa the middle east.

If they're building bombs, lets just hope they blow themselves up.

Nuclear bombs show up on satelites, if they make a bomb, sneak in and set it off.

IRAQ is the BIGGEST reason for our ECONOMIC issues.

Sources:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0310/p16s01-wmgn.html
http://www.gasbuddy.com/
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/us.html
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/rtecs/nhts_survey/2001/tablefiles/table-a10.pdf

Some Numbers
$4,950,000,000,000 trillion Dollars is the price tag on iraq/afghanistan
$3.586 national gas average today 4-25-08
301,139,947 united states citizens

What Iraq and Afghanistan is costing us?

$16,437 could be refunded to each citizen.. (Nice replacement to kicker eh?)
4584 gallons of gasoline per citizen (I use ~80 gallons a month That would be gas paid for 57.3 months for me)
That’s a car for anyone who wants one...
That’s food for anyone that’s hungry.
That’s a good chunk of cash towards medical insurance. (Medical runs me $1,400 a year (24 single adult) That’s medical insurance for a few years.)

I think we need to review our focus and get the hell out of IRAQ.

To be honest I don’t care if everyone in IRAQ kills each other or if they peacefully get along.

I don’t live in IRAQ. I live a few miles away.. In the US of A! =)

I see people in my state struggling, I see trucking companies going under. Enough’s enough get the fuck outa the middle east.

If they're building bombs, lets just hope they blow themselves up.

Nuclear bombs show up on satelites, if they make a bomb, sneak in and set it off.

IRAQ is the BIGGEST reason for our ECONOMIC issues.

Sources:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0310/p16s01-wmgn.html
http://www.gasbuddy.com/
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/us.html
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/rtecs/nhts_survey/2001/tablefiles/table-a10.pdf

It's all about you, isn't it?

It's all about you, isn't it?

Nope its about the 301,139,947 united states citizens

Take my 16k that I paid in and I'd have rather spent it on public schools.. In my area what used to be a 5day school week, due to funding they are down to a 4 day school week.

Edit:

Also, how can it be about me? I was never given the choice.

December 2001, Richard Reid: British citizen attempted to ignite shoe bomb on flight from Paris to Miami.

• May 2002, Jose Padilla: American citizen accused of seeking "dirty bomb," convicted of conspiracy.

• September 2002, Lackawanna Six: American citizens of Yemeni origin convicted of supporting Al Qaeda. Five of six were from Lackawanna, N.Y.

• May 2003, Iyman Faris: American citizen charged with trying to topple the Brooklyn Bridge.

• June 2003, Virginia Jihad Network: Eleven men from Alexandria, Va., trained for jihad against American soldiers, convicted of violating the Neutrality Act, conspiracy.

• August 2004, Dhiren Barot: Indian-born leader of terror cell plotted bombings on financial centers (see additional images).

• August 2004, James Elshafay and Shahawar Matin Siraj: Sought to plant bomb at New York's Penn Station during the Republican National Convention.

• August 2004, Yassin Aref and Mohammed Hossain: Plotted to assassinate a Pakistani diplomat on American soil.

• June 2005, Father and son Umer Hayat and Hamid Hayat: Son convicted of attending terrorist training camp in Pakistan; father convicted of customs violation.

• August 2005, Kevin James, Levar Haley Washington, Gregory Vernon Patterson and Hammad Riaz Samana: Los Angeles homegrown terrorists who plotted to attack National Guard, LAX, two synagogues and Israeli consulate.

• December 2005, Michael Reynolds: Plotted to blow up refinery in Wyoming, convicted of providing material support to terrorists.

• February 2006, Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi and Zand Wassim Mazloum: Accused of providing material support to terrorists, making bombs for use in Iraq.

• April 2006, Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee: Cased and videotaped the Capitol and World Bank for a terrorist organization.

• June 2006, Narseal Batiste, Patrick Abraham, Stanley Grant Phanor, Naudimar Herrera, Burson Augustin, Lyglenson Lemorin, and Rotschild Augstine: Accused of plotting to blow up the Sears Tower.

• July 2006, Assem Hammoud: Accused of plotting to hit New York City train tunnels.

• August 2006, Liquid Explosives Plot: Thwarted plot to explode ten airliners over the United States.

• May 2007, Fort Dix Plot: Six men accused of plotting to attack Fort Dix Army base in New Jersey.

• June 2007, JFK Plot: Four men accused of plotting to blow up fuel arteries underneath JFK Airport in New York.

• March 2007, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed: Mastermind of Sept. 11 and author of numerous plots confessed in court in March 2007 to planning to destroy skyscrapers in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.