Will IM Be Your Career?

Will IM Be Your Career?

• Yes. I will rely on IM earnings

Votes: 168 48.8%
  • No. It is a stepping stone to bigger things.

Votes: 176 51.2%

• Total voters

My interests are cash and cash alone, right now the internet just happens to be a place where money is being made at the moment.

I like many others have almost always been self employed. I have tired the 9-5, it sucked dick. In high school / college I sold mad weed. Best days profits where not worth the risk. I always always nerdy and did photoshop shit, started making sites discover I could sell them -> Affiliate Marketing was my next step.

I wanna own an offline business but I will defiantly continue to make income online. Multiple Streams of Income = Win.

My interests are cash and cash alone, right now the internet just happens to be a place where money is being made at the moment.

Check the FUCKING DATE of the thread. It is a FUCKING MILLION YEARS OLD.

One_Million_Years_BC.jpg

i work for internets for my ISP technician fixing hardware boards on 14.4 modems internet is future making money online with banner ads on CDnow.com

I personally don't think that "Internet Marketing" is very stable with the way that Google likes to do things. I intend to make what i can and hopefully get on to bigger and better things.

^ Truth.

Been at it for 13 years, I love and hate it at the same time. Am actually structuring a potential exit strategy right now to walk from it all again for a few years, and THAT is what I think most people try to work up to. Build your empires meticulously so that one day they outgrow you and you ride it or sell while booming/repeat.

Have sold a few businesses in my career so far to press the reset button but it's always back to the same shit at the end - me + a box + all nighters + fucked schedule = a golden cage with silver handcuffs even with good VA's...

The money doesn't come from just saying "I want to be the best AM'er I can be!" - It comes from being a good business person, being able to assess a gap/venture with low risk and high return, and running with it - everything else is just practice until you find your pocket(s) of rev to scale on.

Frankly, I could use a long hiatus from this shit but in the meantime as long as I'm stacking and growing I rarely look back and the money + assets just keep growing so why stop or wonder how/why it's working and if it's a career or not.. Once you get past 'it pays my bills', it turns into 'it made me a millionaire' 'it made me a stealth business person' 'it made me great at making money/marketing'... It's not my career, it's what I'm going to retire filthy fucking rich from before my next big move in life.

*Don't think 'affiliate marketing', think 'doing business on or offline in whatever creative way/shape/or form I can maximize' - M'ing is but one angle of thousands, at the end of the day - you're simply 'hunting for yourself'.

Reactions: cougarclaws
it is currently my career but it is only providing enough to live month to month. if i can grow it, it will be my career. however, it is still a stepping stone to other things.

edit: the entrepreneur clarification is more accurate

^ Truth.

Been at it for 13 years, I love and hate it at the same time. Am actually structuring a potential exit strategy right now to walk from it all again for a few years, and THAT is what I think most people try to work up to. Build your empires meticulously so that one day they outgrow you and you ride it or sell while booming/repeat.

Have sold a few businesses in my career so far to press the reset button but it's always back to the same shit at the end - me + a box + all nighters + fucked schedule = a golden cage with silver handcuffs even with good VA's...

The money doesn't come from just saying "I want to be the best AM'er I can be!" - It comes from being a good business person, being able to assess a gap/venture with low risk and high return, and running with it - everything else is just practice until you find your pocket(s) of rev to scale on.

Frankly, I could use a long hiatus from this shit but in the meantime as long as I'm stacking and growing I rarely look back and the money + assets just keep growing so why stop or wonder how/why it's working and if it's a career or not.. Once you get past 'it pays my bills', it turns into 'it made me a millionaire' 'it made me a stealth business person' 'it made me great at making money/marketing'... It's not my career, it's what I'm going to retire filthy fucking rich from before my next big move in life.

*Don't think 'affiliate marketing', think 'doing business on or offline in whatever creative way/shape/or form I can maximize' - M'ing is but one angle of thousands, at the end of the day - you're simply 'hunting for yourself'.

Hey brah... Saw your listing on flippa. Hope you exit well, or even cancel the listing... I mean it's a real business you got there....

PPS: I mean this thread is 2 YEARS OLD...

Reposting in old as fuck thread.

I'll be marketing until the day I die. I'll be selling flesh sticks in retirement homes.

Hey brah... Saw your listing on flippa. Hope you exit well, or even cancel the listing... I mean it's a real business you got there....

PPS: I mean this thread is 2 YEARS OLD...

Thanks bro - and yeah sorry for helping bump this shit - I read:

If you have brains and imagination, you will have FUCKING 200+ wannado projects on your list and not enough lifetimes to develop them all.
... and it just got me thinking/spilling.

In truth, this thread helped me make my decision to finally just go public with it without seeking any more brokers and just see what happens; so thanks to the OP from two years ago. I've been playing with this idea for about a year in making, and if it doesn't go it's still going to bank I just really need a break/reset/walk for a while before I run again.

"There nothing new under the sun"
Just different delivery systems. I this one is here to stay (Its flexible and has a low entry point). It may not be as wild wild west as it is today. But its here for a while.
Its like a video game for me. But I can exchange the points for real goods and people services, and get even more points. You just cant sleep in this business, its ever evolving.