Thinking About Buying a Bike

6'6 here and I rode a ZX6R fine.

I haven't read this entire thread, but if anyone is talking about getting a 600cc+ sports bike as their first its a disaster waiting to happen.

My first bike was a 2001 R6 Champions Edition. I'm fine.

Just respect the power of the bike and don't be a retard.

Currently have a 2002 CBR600 F4i, I treat it like garbage and it runs great. Gotta love Hondas.

Advice to JP

If you've never ridden, stick to 600. Chances are you won't really be able to notice the differences between them. The R6 is fun, great top end, but I *think* the 600rr is a little better for around town just because it has a little more low end tq.

If you have some experience, get the GSXR 750. Has great all around power and handles great.

JP , while you need to climb on something thats fast enough to get you out of harms way, you have to remember most new riders have a hard enough time adjusting to terrain conditions ...they make more mistakes in the first few months than anyone else on the road - what does this mean? the extra speed will have you DOA faster than you can say OMG,WTF. :2twocents: take a safety course. VRROM VROOM. beep beep.

planning on taking the next year to rebuild a 1975 honda750.

75CB750-MTCCL.jpg

goal is by next summer to have also rebuilt a sidecar for it so my pup can come on rides with me.

Now THAT'S a motorcycle. Way back in '95 I helped this guy named Jerry move the engine from one 1974 CB750's frame into another. It was far from stock (header pipe, had "the Godfather" painted on the tank, straight bars etc.), but the guy was going sell me the damn thing for $500.

Then, right before the purchase, I went and crashed my buddy's brand new GSXR 750. I didn't have a lot of extra cash to spend after that :)