Thinking About Buying a Bike

My new ride: (havent picked it up yet, waiting on the title, but it's purchased):

111250779-9e76877019fc739644e3f7b78ad25c3e.4c0aa5b8-scaled.jpg

'02 R6 with D&D exhaust... 5k miles one owner, never been dropped. got it for a steal too

edit: bike mentioned above:

Wy6fX.jpg

Nice bike. Looks like it was taken care of as well. The previous owner even took the ghetto license plate holder off for you. You may want to consider getting some flush-mounted turn signals added on the rear cowl, though.

Gotta love black rims. Constantly cleaning brake dust and melted rubber off my GSXR's white rims was a major pain.

Those things are soo effing fun.

Nice bike. Looks like it was taken care of as well. The previous owner even took the ghetto license plate holder off for you. You may want to consider getting some flush-mounted turn signals added on the rear cowl, though.

Gotta love black rims. Constantly cleaning brake dust and melted rubber off my GSXR's white rims was a major pain.

Those things are soo effing fun.

Those are flush-mounted turn signals, its an aftermarket kit, already put on it. thanks man yeah i'm majorly excited

I don't want to die, so I don't buy motorcycles.

This ^^^

Almost lost my dad 2 years ago after he got run off the road and crashed into a ditch on his Electraglide Harley. Lucky he is still alive.

Fuck bikes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es-oR-t8JOA"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Whatever you decide don't be like a fucking squid.

Hahaha

I bought an busted up dirtbike at the weekend - heres how it went

3307ma1.jpg

Came off hard on concrete

hwlc0k.jpg

^ Cleaned up =) Also busted my leg, hip and foot. Was back on it 10 minutes later :xmas-smiley-010:

And yes, the back brake acts as a pedal.

Picked my bike up today, took it for a spin... exhilarating, to say the least. I love it. Bofu, you'll have your walkaround video soon, I sold my iphone so i have no means right now.

I've got the CBR and it's a great ride.

Got it from new and was taken out by a taxi driver after two weeks. He was coming out of a side street too fast, 3k damage to the bike, six months physio for me.

It was a couple of hundred from being a write off.

But that was a couple of years ago and I've still got it. Great bike.

If you're new to biking or returning to it after a while (me) then it's very forgiving. You can really mess up in corners and the bike will get you out of trouble. Accelerate or to a lesser extent brake and you're still good the bike goes where you point it.

I've only had a couple of wobbles on it and one of those was down to wet leaves on the road.

But get yourself some training as suggested above, if you're new to it or returning.

Can't fault it for the money and as the engines pretty much bullet poof you can pick up some older bargains.

Good luck.

This is by far my longest post.

i'm not too sure if this has mentioned anywhere else.. but are there any tall guys here who ride? like 6'2+

I'm starting to get the itch for a bike but im concerned about the backpain i might get from riding. or just looking plain sloppy

i'm not too sure if this has mentioned anywhere else.. but are there any tall guys here who ride? like 6'2+

I'm starting to get the itch for a bike but im concerned about the backpain i might get from riding. or just looking plain sloppy

6'2 your fine.. if anything it sucks being short on a bike.

I'm 6'3 and believe it or not it's pretty damn comfortable. The only areas that get sore are your neck (because of the position you're in, lurched forward looking up) and your wrists (but you can sit up on the bike a little bit and rest your hands pretty easily, esp at stoplights).

I was under the impression that a crotch rocket would be mad uncomfortable but surprisingly i fit the bike well and it's a lot more comfy than I thought it would be.

6'6 here and I rode a ZX6R fine.

I haven't read this entire thread, but if anyone is talking about getting a 600cc+ sports bike as their first its a disaster waiting to happen.