sharing fb knowledge

Do you send people to a fan/business page or through to a site? If both which have you found work better from an Roi perspective?

Is it possible to get a high volume of clicks to the tune of $x,xxx spend a day at a cpc of $0.01 - $0.05? I've got some really high ctr ads that target only gender and country (no keywords) but I just can't seem to ramp up click volume unless I bring the bid past $0.05. Any tips/insights appreciated.

Is it possible to get a high volume of clicks to the tune of $x,xxx spend a day at a cpc of $0.01 - $0.05? I've got some really high ctr ads that target only gender and country (no keywords) but I just can't seem to ramp up click volume unless I bring the bid past $0.05. Any tips/insights appreciated.

Bid over the recommended range and FB will reward your high ctr with low cpcs.

I have bid $1 before and got 1c clicks, it just takes high ctrs and a bit of time. FB works on a target CPM basis, so with very high ctrs you can get ultra cheap cpcs regardless of bid.

I have had success with FB for B2B, but I have a real problem with physical products. The only thing from an ecom and ecom affiliate standpoint I have success with is the FB exchange and retargeting.

Any tips, even one liners, for ecommerce and/or ecommerce affiliates on Facebook?

I second this question!

Everything I've been doing lately is trying to funnel them through an actual website.

With new news feed options you can create an ad via your Facebook Page, but the ad still will go to your external website. So two things happen here...

1.) People can STILL engage, comment, like, post on your status/ad.
2.) People can "Like" your page straight from the ad itself also.

So when the user actually clicks on your ad they actually will be directed to your website. Which is good for immediate conversion. Lets say they like your page though before they click on the ad itself. You can capitalize on all that residual traffic. I've made 3-4k somedays just by posting a status update. However I found my ultimate goal is to get them to website and just take ADVANTAGE of the residual later.

I have had success with FB for B2B, but I have a real problem with physical products. The only thing from an ecom and ecom affiliate standpoint I have success with is the FB exchange and retargeting.

Any tips, even one liners, for ecommerce and/or ecommerce affiliates on Facebook?

Depends on what the ecommerce store is. Lets say for NFL gear, FB can CRUSH for this. Simply because you can target people interested in "San Diego Chargers" build your slick san diego charger gear and it's going to be an easy sale.

However if your product isn't applicable in that method it really boils down to getting an ad that will produce a click, and finishing the consumer off with a really well designed landing page.

Retargeting works extremely well for ecommerce sites as well. When the user visits your site to view your product, but DOESN'T buy you have a huge chance of bringing them back in with retargeted ads place via FB.

consider adroll

I have bid $1 before and got 1c clicks, it just takes high ctrs and a bit of time. FB works on a target CPM basis, so with very high ctrs you can get ultra cheap cpcs regardless of bid.

I sometimes even bid HIGHER then suggest CPC because regardless if your ad establishes a good CTR, the CPC is going to level out. I've found that starting with the higher CPC and establishing a good CTR with higher CPC bid it's going to stick through during your scaling.

Do you ever have your accounts banned for being an affiliate? If so, do you cloak or run through a whitelist API?

I've had FB accounts slapped, despite being 100% compliant, simply because I'm an affiliate.

My advice

Workplace targeting. Create your ads specific to each work place. Examples could be Golds Gym, 24 Hour Fitness, Planet Fitness, etc.

So your ad title could say something like Work for 24/Fitness?

Click here and learn how you could triple your personal training revenue! --> lead to your LP. Cater your LP towards each work place.

This could also work for webinars and building e-mail list as well.

That's not allowed according to FB TOS just fyi.

Reactions: Pheasant

I sometimes even bid HIGHER then suggest CPC because regardless if your ad establishes a good CTR, the CPC is going to level out. I've found that starting with the higher CPC and establishing a good CTR with higher CPC bid it's going to stick through during your scaling.

What would be a very high ctr? I'm bidding and paying $0.03 a click for a broad targeted ad with 2% ctr. I just upped the bid to $1 as a test and it blew through $200 in 10 minutes with an average cpc of $0.10.

What would be a very high ctr? I'm bidding and paying $0.03 a click for a broad targeted ad with 2% ctr. I just upped the bid to $1 as a test and it blew through $200 in 10 minutes with an average cpc of $0.10.
I don't know what your time-zone is but never make a significant change on your budget or/and cpc in the middle of day, wait for the next day's first hours.

Do you do day parting and/or adjust bids for certain parts of the day? If so, how do you handle that?

Do you use any 3rd party programs to manage anything (for example day parting)?

I don't know what your time-zone is but never make a significant change on your budget or/and cpc in the middle of day, wait for the next day's first hours.

This ^^

Start again from scratch and set your high bid from the word go and not too close to the end of the day. Sometimes it takes time and budget for the bid to drop to the level you want it, but a good ctr will eventually win out over bidding too low. Also don't bid at $1, that was just an example of something that had happened to me at one point. I usually look to start my bidding a little over the suggested bid range, but you need to test to see what works best for you. Also its best not to move the bid around when the ad has already started running.

One more tip is to create 3 copies of the same ad in one campaign (don't use more than one different ad in a single campaign, always make a new campaign for each one). The reason for the 3 copies is that at the start the initial establishment of the ctr is very important and each ad will have a different initial ctr, just down to normal variation, so you just run 3 and pick the best one and pause the other two.

How would you target users, for example, if you were selling - drag and drop website builder for non techies.

Do you do day parting and/or adjust bids for certain parts of the day? If so, how do you handle that?

Do you use any 3rd party programs to manage anything (for example day parting)?

I ever adjust bids, although I do pause / run during prime times during the day.

I also use no third party software, everything handled through Facebook Power Editor.

How would you target users, for example, if you were selling - drag and drop website builder for non techies.

Interest targeting...

Examples could be

Frank Kern, Eben Pagan, etc

I would also target things Like Heyo, Lujure, Pagemodo, FanPage Engine,Wildfire, Shortstack, etc... (your competition) capitalize on their traffic

Do you ever have your accounts banned for being an affiliate? If so, do you cloak or run through a whitelist API?

I've had FB accounts slapped, despite being 100% compliant, simply because I'm an affiliate.

I rarely have accounts be banned, and it's almost always because of user complaints...

I do not cloak at all..

Biggest key to Facebook is streamlining accounts though... try to build up as many as you can if possible.

I've even used family and friends.

Most important thing with credit cards and billing is that zip codes match (this is a GOLD tip)

Interest targeting...

Examples could be

Frank Kern, Eben Pagan, etc

I would also target things Like Heyo, Lujure, Pagemodo, FanPage Engine,Wildfire, Shortstack, etc... (your competition) capitalize on their traffic

Okay, I will do a campaign now and post updates here.