• $1500-5000

Votes: 200 9.9%
  • $5000-10000

Votes: 102 5.1%
  • More than $10000

Votes: 215 10.7%

• Total voters
Nah.............

My first SEO real site brought in right around $500/day after only about 2 weeks.

Holy Moses! Nice work Shocker - congrats!
Was that just by doing things the old fashioned way with quality content and legit backlinks in a profitable niche? Or did you get crafty with it and do a bit b-hat trickery...if you don't mind me asking.

First month with PPC and cpa: minus $300. Second month, plus $350. I'm headed in the right direction but boy it's slow and does not happen overnight. I only use PPC, so I hope to master it!

realistic figures >

I can only speak from part-timer's prospective. I've a full time job. Realistically speaking, when you're part-time, you don't have enough time to maintain more than one or two niches.

I've been doing average of 15k each month from juts once niche with profits of 6k to 8k for the last one year. Keeping track of multiple campaigns spread across multiple niches and then multiple platforms (search, social, etc) becomes hard when you're a part-time affiliate marketer.

Just recently I started hitting $1.5k a day and have doubled my campaigns. It's getting really hard to maintain things now.

hi all.
WF Uni rules. Great thread.

I am in the process of 'learning' ppc, prompted by a need to diversify from the
EPN network.

A word of advice, IMHO, don't bother with EPN. Their tracking system failing, according to other forum reports.

onwards and upwards :)

My revenue in the first months was pretty much dependent on how quickly I could get switched on to weekly or bi-weekly payments. You can only spend what you have, and unfortunately I drink a lot of vodka.

Saying that, I suppose my first 3 months in the industry were actually spent working the natural listings with Rocket Spanish on Clickbank. That was pretty heartbreaking progress. Back when I was the kind of dumbass newb who thought the only way he could succeed in his niche was to learn Spanish. Yeah, I scaled fast.

should be over 9000, otherwise you're looking at 36k a year, which you could almost make working two retail jobs or something.

still in my first month of ppc.. profit ranges from 2-7k per day..

come up with something original and you make the big bucks..

Bank

So did you cause the financial crisis, you son of a bitch? And you're right, that post was too damn long to read. I fell asleep after the 3rd line.

Hi everyone, it's my first post.

I've seen the newbie guide and forum threads. I have also seen posts elsewhere stating that you guys are starting to get - on a weekly basis - questions similar to what I am about to ask, so I apologise if this is starting to irritate others. I'm sharing more details about my situation probably more than the other posts. Call it a last resort try or desperation if you like :)

Any insights/advice for this newbie aspiring to make money in affiliate marketing would be very much appreciated.

If ever you get to the end of my post, kindly tell me your insights, advices, tips or action plans on what I need to action to realistically earn from the effort that I am expending at the moment.

I’m a 33 year old male. I work for one of the largest international bank earning pretty decent salary compared to most of my peers. I don't mean to brag, but while I'm not exactly the star of the bank, my position is quite respectable. I don't want to appear to conceited, but I'm sharing this to you because I need you to know that I have the learning ability to make this work. What I'm lacking is the technical skills, knowledge, flying hours and mentors like you guys in this forum.

I currently work from 8am and won’t come back home till 7.30pm (it was much later before I found internet marketing).

My family and I got broke when my dad died of cancer last year. Family savings, albeit enough, was soon depleted because we needed to pay hefty medical bills before he eventually passed away.

Money was the main motivating factor for me and family to get back on track. It was in Feb 08 when I found the world of internet marketing.

I’m an informational type of guy – so I spent considerable time (averaging 3 hours a night after work) to educate myself on the web. I’ve since spent close to $2,000 on membership sites, ebooks (mostly craps) and DVDs. I got smarter now and stopped buying them.

I’ve lurked around forums like Warrior Forum, digitalpoint, just being an observer. Then, I found wickedfire, hence this post.

My first real action was 4 months ago, Aug 2008 when I attended a local SEO bootcamp – since then, I’ve been in touch with the community and spent hundreds of hours online after my office hours.

My hours are now like 9am – 7.30pm (office) and 8.30pm – 12.30am (oftentimes it went on to 3am during the first 2 months). So it’s like about 10 hours in office, and 3-4 hours at home. My personal life hasn’t been spectacular thanks to my hours now. This is happening like 4 days in a week and 1.5 days during weekend.

I haven’t made a dime as yet, but this is because I haven’t taken action until 2 weeks back when I decided I’ve downloaded, read enough materials to really start something.

I made $1.36 from Adsense on my first blog – it was more of a test site for me to understand how Adsense works.

Past few months have been very draining. I am extremely frazzled out. Some of you prolly went through the same experience. I’ve wanted to try blogging, Adsense, PPC, building a portal etc. It was information overload at best.

After much consideration on my current situation, I wanna focus on Affiliate Marketing. This is also a result of the research and reading I did during past 4 months, especially yesterday’s inspiration from Kieron Donoghue’ income report posted somewhere in this forum.

Here’s my situation:

1. I like to think I’d still keep my job despite the crisis. I’m still getting my bonus as I exceeded my yearly target at mid-year.

2. My supervisor and the big boss! however is starting to notice that I’m losing the energy and focus at work. I’ve been coming to office late and leaving earlier. The hours have taken its toll on me … and I’m concerned and at times am in doubt if I should ever keep doing what I’m doing now.

3. I've cut down a lot on my clubbing and golf to save up some money to fund my venture. I’m now at a stage where I’m done with much of my research and I wanna start daily action one step at a time. In fact, just a min ago, I got a call from CODEAC (first call from the Affiliate Network - I applied only two days ago with no site reference!)

4. I wanna start an affiliate website probably like Kieron Donoghue’s sites. I am learning to use Wordpress a lot due to SEO factor and cheap cost (am using the free theme now).

5. I have plenty other commitment in life, but for this venture, here is the effort and money that I’m putting in:

- Initial Capital - $2000
- As long as the web is not generating revenue yet, expenses that I can afford to spend is around $300 per month - from my monthly paycheck. My bank is literally becoming my banker to fund my future business.
- Time I can invest is
i. 2 uninterrupted hours a day during weeknites (max. 3 hours a night unless I wanna start screwing up in the office)
ii. 6 uninterrupted hours during Sat and Sun
iii. 3-hour monthly meeting with my local bootcamp community (where I get help and mentoring from top proven SEO engineer and Google Adwords Professional
iv. A 2 week off from work coming year end which I will put to good use to spend more time on this venture.
d. I’m already putting into action my daily plans, small steps at a time, from doing up a Wordpress site, writing 2-3 articles, setting up accounts with the affiliate network (just got my COPEAC app approved - told them I heard them from wickedfire ;)

I don’t know if you could more or less relate to my situation based on my post above, but if you do, I would be grateful if the experts here could share some insights or tips on the following questions.

- For those moonlighting when you first starting out, how much time do you spend at nights when you were first starting out?
- And which gave you the most revenue when you were first starting out? Affiliate Marketing? Ad Banners etc? Blogging?
- What’s the most cost effective way to start out: I can’t write well (not yet) as you could probably tell by now, so I’d be hiring freelancers on my topic areas. I’d probably hire a developer to develop a unique Wordpress theme. I’d probably be paying for some autoresponder service etc.
- I'm not that tech-savvy especially with cpanel, but am comfortable with Wordpress and finding info on the net. My local friends can probably help with PPC and SEO

I need to know if I'm on the right track. I'm starting to get concerned with the mental and energy drain. It's becoming harder for me to sell the idea to my family; it's becoming harder to give the same level of energy and focus at work when I've this consuming obsession with my web venture.

I'm aware that AM world is becoming competitive and expensive to promote. How do I find those niches? Any techniques you could point me to?

Your most candid advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
davids

"Do unto others as you would want them do unto you"

This message is for David. I have been where you are. I needed a tutorial and a mentor to quicken my learning curve and a good friend told me that Ez150 was the most comprehensive marketing system tutorial he has ever seen. I am pleased with the knowkedge I gained in studying this site. Now, I can make money daily and its EASY150

still in my first month of ppc.. profit ranges from 2-7k per day..

come up with something original and you make the big bucks..

If you're serious...and this isn't just a load of bullshit, there's a few folks around here (myself included) that would like to hear some of your methods. I'm not saying give away any of your tricks of the trade...but you must have a few juicy tidbits to share that could help some of us get profitable PPC campaigns going.

If you're serious...and this isn't just a load of bullshit, there's a few folks around here (myself included) that would like to hear some of your methods. I'm not saying give away any of your tricks of the trade...but you must have a few juicy tidbits to share that could help some of us get profitable PPC campaigns going.

i second that....especially since i PM'd you and i haven't received any love back

Less then $0 for me. I'm 10 days away from finishing my second month. I have a journal in the newbie section.

I think I can turn a profit soon...

Ive been following you guys for a week or two now..had a couple good money makers that got bullied out few years ago..website stuff...im fixing to give ppc a try..ive got a couple ideas i'd like to market..gonna test those prob day after tommorow.... im pretty good with the technical stuff and design parts but it's the system im having a hard time grasping. Like do I throw up one bad ass landing page thats funnels the customer to a purchase page or register page etc.?? Or do i build a small few page site around one campaign?? Im gathering this is what ya have to jump in and learn to figure out what works. Im gonna toss up a few pages pushing something and drop a couple hundred dollars in ppc and see what happens to test. If I see something promising im gonnna dump a grand in and go from there. Im gathering best way to learn in this game is to fuckin jump in with both feet and hang on tight and gather all ya can along the way. Definitely seems ya cant be scared to lose a dollar or two trying stuff. No pain no GAIN baby!!

Well most people won't make jack shit.

You gotta be able to think of ways to drive traffic that are not conventional. I literally spend almost every waking hour thinking about that for months on end before I finally found a way. (I pay nothing for traffic, over $200/day profit - sometimes over $400/day)