Mt.Gox Meltdown

u5XFwvw.gif

big spikes down to 501 at btc-e... 370 gox... there is a chance we see a real collapse.

huh, so a financial exchange named "Magic The Gathering", originally started to trade kid's playing cards didn't work out. How surprising. :)

Now we just have to wait for bitcoin to bite the bullet, so we can get going on a real virtual currency.

Weak minds, weak hands. Thanks for the cheap coins.

Cheap in comparison to what? Still looking on the expensive side to me.

Spreadshirt Boss Says Bitcoin Is Not Ready For The Mass Market | ChannelBiz UK

Stop being so single minded and start thinking of the consumer rather than your own potential gains.

The only real benefit to any consumer right now is anonymity when purchasing adult, grey and black maket shit and that is the way it is likely to stay, mainly due to these being the only markets where the risk to reward ratio can make sense to the consumer and until this changes Bitcoins total market adoption will remain a figment of the imagination.

Bitcoin is dieing a slow death. All that positive press and VC attention we seen over the past year is now right out the window, and it's not coming back.

I still strongly believe in the concept though, and believe we're going to see new incarnations of a virtual currency that mainstream public will actually be willing to adopt.

That's the frustrating part -- it's an amazing concept, and it's true, I should be able to fire off funds with the same freedom as I can chat with people on Skype. And all the technology we need to allow bitcoin to go mainstream is sitting at our fingertips. We already know what to do, but the bitcoin community will NEVER let it happen, so it's just going to go back being a black market currency for drugs & guns.

"Burges’ next question: “Do you still have everyone’s bitcoins?” didn’t get a response."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob9Ak1t09Ao"]Protest at Mt Gox, Tokyo, 14th February 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Picked up a 10 coins at $493 just sold them at $685. Thanks for the easy $2k in less than 48 hours suckers. Gox is dead but Bitcoin lives on. Total profit trading bitcoin on these dips so far since December .... $8,177.28.

Picked up a 10 coins at $493 just sold them at $685. Thanks for the easy $2k in less than 48 hours suckers. Gox is dead but Bitcoin lives on. Total profit trading bitcoin on these dips so far since December .... $8,177.28.

Wow, how clever are you.
We're not even discussing speculation and day trading here but the growth potential and longevity.

Hence my statement "Gox is dead but Bitcoin lives on"

Whats with the personal attacks bro? Why all butthurt?

Mt.Gox was never going to be the end of Bitcoin and anyone with half a brain already knew that. You whole statement was made just to brag about making a few bucks, at least is appears that way. If there is one thing that I cannot stand it is arrogance and a lot of your posts come across as being very arrogant.
If I am mistaken I do apolgise.

I'm a realist. I just calls 'em likes I see's 'em. If you view that as arrogance I'm sorry. My point was everybody is sitting on the sidelines predicting the death of bitcoin when there is good, easy money to be made trading on the swings. I've pulled out almost $10k in the last 2 months and I'm not even trying. I wasn't bragging, but I figured some actual dollar values might get some people off the sidelines.

Instead of predicting its demise why don't ya'll get in there and make some dollars? You can still think bitcoin is doomed, I won't judge. Making dollars out of these old Internets ... that is why most of us are here, are we not?