JP Grunin: From $10,000 to $100,000 in 6 months.

Been looking forward to this. Not long started doing a little trading myself, mainly harmonics using fibs.

What platform are you using for your analysis? I've just started with ninjatrader which i really good.

Looks like this is going to be a 5 page drama thread before he even starts

Purpose of this challenge? I am beginning with an account balance that most people entering the markets can relate with. Most of all, by having a separate account that will have every single trade documented, there would be full transparency and it would also come to light as to whether or not it is feasible to have a consistent edge in the market.

Let's be real here. If you simply wanted to prove the fact that you can have an edge in the market, all you have to do is look up the yearly returns of a trader such as Paul Tudor Jones. Better yet, watch that documentary on him that keeps getting taken down (it's on youtube for now, search 'Paul Tudor Jones documentary' or paste watch?v=x5liIYmxAXw), and watch how he handles live trading with serious money. No secrets, just a thorough understanding of the market through experience, just like affiliate marketing. And that shit is in '87.

What irks me are the salesmen in trading who aren't up front and honest. For the vast majority of people coming into trading, they're bombarded with trading systems, indicators, etc etc etc all leading them in the wrong direction. From your posts you seem to focus strictly on price which is good - but you're doing this just to prove an already proven point? Come on man...

Lemme fix this for you:

Purpose of this challenge? I may make money trading, but I also make money running a call service which, of course, you'll have to pay me to be able to see. A 900% return although possible is extremely lofty, but more so extremely dangerous due to the amount of leverage required. But $10k isn't too much to me so I'm able to leverage the shit out of it, and since people love seeing big numbers, this is the best way to get new people signed up while satisfying a part of my ego. Hell, if i only get a 200% return, I'm good.

Just be honest about it. I wouldn't even be posting this if you were up front and telling it like it is, that the main goal behind creating this challenge is 1. to satisfy ego and 2. to get new sign ups to your call service. There's also a few threads where you made bad calls but never owned up to it. You're either right or wrong in the market, you should be welcoming people to view your losers, which should be miniscule, cause your winners will make everyone forget about em - clearly state entries, stops, and targets, good and bad, and don't try to hide it. If you can't do that, just right there goes to prove 1 and partly 2.

Also if anyone is planning on shadowing the calls made in this thread, considering mGrunin is day trading futures, I wish you the best of luck. Please let us know how good your entries and exits are compared to his.

I think you're a very smart dude and I don't mean to come off harsh towards you, it's just that I used to be in the retail mindset. It's obvious you can show humility and 0 ego from your car thread (I did pretty much the same thing to my car so I feel your pain), so why not show it in your trading. It's actually kinda funny though what's already happening in here, in one of the best known affiliate marketing forums. Who would of thought? I guess human nature and psychology, as well as fear, greed, ignorance, and hope really doesn't change.

If you manage to pull it off, I will personally fly to NY and give you a handjob.

Or do the Dicaprio dance and post it on here. Your choice.

VtU1NhP.gif

You know they were dancing to Bo Diddley during that scene right?

How will you be handling position size and risk in regards to your capital available?

edit: thanks for doing this, gl

Let's be real here. If you simply wanted to prove the fact that you can have an edge in the market, all you have to do is look up the yearly returns of a trader such as Paul Tudor Jones. Better yet, watch that documentary on him that keeps getting taken down (it's on youtube for now, search 'Paul Tudor Jones documentary' or paste watch?v=x5liIYmxAXw), and watch how he handles live trading with serious money. No secrets, just a thorough understanding of the market through experience, just like affiliate marketing. And that shit is in '87.

What irks me are the salesmen in trading who aren't up front and honest. For the vast majority of people coming into trading, they're bombarded with trading systems, indicators, etc etc etc all leading them in the wrong direction. From your posts you seem to focus strictly on price which is good - but you're doing this just to prove an already proven point? Come on man...

Lemme fix this for you:

Purpose of this challenge? I may make money trading, but I also make money running a call service which, of course, you'll have to pay me to be able to see. A 900% return although possible is extremely lofty, but more so extremely dangerous due to the amount of leverage required. But $10k isn't too much to me so I'm able to leverage the shit out of it, and since people love seeing big numbers, this is the best way to get new people signed up while satisfying a part of my ego. Hell, if i only get a 200% return, I'm good.

Just be honest about it. I wouldn't even be posting this if you were up front and telling it like it is, that the main goal behind creating this challenge is 1. to satisfy ego and 2. to get new sign ups to your call service. There's also a few threads where you made bad calls but never owned up to it. You're either right or wrong in the market, you should be welcoming people to view your losers, which should be miniscule, cause your winners will make everyone forget about em - clearly state entries, stops, and targets, good and bad, and don't try to hide it. If you can't do that, just right there goes to prove 1 and partly 2.

Also if anyone is planning on shadowing the calls made in this thread, considering mGrunin is day trading futures, I wish you the best of luck. Please let us know how good your entries and exits are compared to his.

I think you're a very smart dude and I don't mean to come off harsh towards you, it's just that I used to be in the retail mindset. It's obvious you can show humility and 0 ego from your car thread (I did pretty much the same thing to my car so I feel your pain), so why not show it in your trading. It's actually kinda funny though what's already happening in here, in one of the best known affiliate marketing forums. Who would of thought? I guess human nature and psychology, as well as fear, greed, ignorance, and hope really doesn't change.

Thanks for the comment, these questions were bound to come up so I will gladly answer them.

I agreed to take this $10k - $100k challenge primarily because it was brought up once again. Back in December I mentioned that I might do something along these lines but I never followed through with it. Mostly because taking on such a challenge is adding extra work hours to my day. Not only do I have to place trades for an additional account now, but I have to document everything, and make videos on a daily basis. If you go to my original trading thread, you will see how two members brought it up last week, and then I finally said ok, I'll begin next week. I am just following through with my promise.

I have no call service. Every bit of content I have placed on this forum and other places has been done without charging a single cent. For anyone that was interested in receiving as close to real-time trade and idea alerts, they are signed up on my forum. When I said that there would be a delay on the trades being posted here, I am talking about a 5-10 minute delay. Keep in mind that I am not only broadcasting this challenge on WickedFire, but on a trading social network known as stocktwits, my forum, twitter and WickedFire. Since WF is the least geared towards the trading industry, it makes more sense to have the trade alerts go out first at places where there is a greater concentration of traders.

Why go through with all of these public charades? When I am success with this challenge, it could possibly open new doors for me in the industry. One thing I learned from AM is that connections matter over everything. If you keep to yourself, if you never take part in mastermind groups, then you limit yourself. I can either sit here alone and make trades on my account and make money, or broadcast and possibly put my foot in the door for other opportunities down the line. In other words, just trying to create a name for myself at my own expense.

Lastly, regarding the bad calls that I have made, yes, I could have done better in following up with them. Just that unfortunately I was receiving a completely different reaction on my correct calls. In the trading thread I mentioned above, this past week I was right on practically all the trades and not a single comment was made about that. But when I pull a wrong trade, the thread goes into second page. At times WickedFire really carries that "Hope you fail." vibe. One way I have learned to deal with is to ignore the comments.

As I did say in my opening post, every trade in this challenge will be documented - good or bad. There won't be a single dollar flowing in or out of the account without you guys knowing.

mGuns, you give these fuckbags too much credit. Hopefully there's a lurker or two worth witnessing your success.

Thanks for the comment, these questions were bound to come up so I will gladly answer them.

I agreed to take this $10k - $100k challenge primarily because it was brought up once again. Back in December I mentioned that I might do something along these lines but I never followed through with it. Mostly because taking on such a challenge is adding extra work hours to my day. Not only do I have to place trades for an additional account now, but I have to document everything, and make videos on a daily basis. If you go to my original trading thread, you will see how two members brought it up last week, and then I finally said ok, I'll begin next week. I am just following through with my promise.

I have no call service. Every bit of content I have placed on this forum and other places has been done without charging a single cent. For anyone that was interested in receiving as close to real-time trade and idea alerts, they are signed up on my forum. When I said that there would be a delay on the trades being posted here, I am talking about a 5-10 minute delay. Keep in mind that I am not only broadcasting this challenge on WickedFire, but on a trading social network known as stocktwits, my forum, twitter and WickedFire. Since WF is the least geared towards the trading industry, it makes more sense to have the trade alerts go out first at places where there is a greater concentration of traders.

Why go through with all of these public charades? When I am success with this challenge, it could possibly open new doors for me in the industry. One thing I learned from AM is that connections matter over everything. If you keep to yourself, if you never take part in mastermind groups, then you limit yourself. I can either sit here alone and make trades on my account and make money, or broadcast and possibly put my foot in the door for other opportunities down the line. In other words, just trying to create a name for myself at my own expense.

Lastly, regarding the bad calls that I have made, yes, I could have done better in following up with them. Just that unfortunately I was receiving a completely different reaction on my correct calls. In the trading thread I mentioned above, this past week I was right on practically all the trades and not a single comment was made about that. But when I pull a wrong trade, the thread goes into second page. At times WickedFire really carries that "Hope you fail." vibe. One way I have learned to deal with is to ignore the comments.

As I did say in my opening post, every trade in this challenge will be documented - good or bad. There won't be a single dollar flowing in or out of the account without you guys knowing.

Going to your original trading thread http://www.wickedfire.com/shooting-shit/172568-official-trading-thread-14.html#post2137839 as far as I can see you brought it up originally which is completely fine, transparency on the reasoning behind it is what I feel is important.

I apologize though, I didn't look into it further and just assumed when you said private twitter that meant a call service. You did post this though on your forum recently Opinion on Paid Subscription. Nothing wrong with it, just again the transparency.

I think that's legit that you're doing this to get your name out there, putting yourself on the line, and probably taking a very small risk in doing so cause you have a good idea you will be successful in this challenge, or at least profitable.

You make a good point on people focusing on the bad more than the good, however as a trader and taking this challenge it's still important to show that even with the flak you'll get. Anyone who knows anything about trading will know losses are a part of the game, no one is 100% all the time. Besides, the more heat you get the more the thread bumps.

Regardless of anything though I hope you own this challenge and I'll be following, it'd be very cool and I think you have more than a decent shot at it.

omg back on WF after 2 yrs and looks like i'll be gone for another 2 years again. #noobs #warriorforumsheeple #10k$to100kPesos

To have 10K to play with in futures trading - man I really made a freakin wrong turn somewhere in life.

Seems like quite the challenge haha. It would've been more guaranteed though if you invest the $10000 this way. I can guarantee $50,000 from this investment within 6 months.

I still can't tell who is trolling who when you are around.

How about I invest 15k so you hit that 25k limit and we go for 250k

Down to put in 5-10k as well...just a guess but I would think most people on this board as well as your forums (myself included) would like to watch you trade options as opposed to futures.

I'm no Michael Douglas but let the guy trade with his own monies.

Would exert too much (subconscious) pressure otherwise...