How Hydra Affiliate Network Screwed Me Out Of $25,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem with crap ass companies offering enticing per lead offers...$4-$6 for a few field submits, put their money where their mouths are and protect themselves with conditions and the anonymity of the life of the lead after your payout..who really knows if the lead converts for the company??..bottom line the relationship is between you and hydra...if you filled in your side of the deal and you definately should get paid..regardleess what happens after the conversion

Anyone's AM is Van Levine?

She's a Senior AM and one of the best in Hydra...

Don't know if you could speak to her about this, but if you wish try, I could pass you her contact.

I have dealt with the ceo zac and he was of no help and was the one to tell me they are not going to pay me.

This really sucks, I like Hydra a lot and I would like to believe that in a similar situation they would do the right thing.

azoogle did this to me about a year ago. I ran a short form offer, then after 1 1/2 months of running it the advertiser decided they didnt like the leads and didnt want to pay.
They eventully did 1/2 chargeback, which sucked because i was breaking even on the offer anyways.
Its wasnt that much money (about $800), but they shouldnt be able to do that after that long of a period. I havent used azoogle since then.
If they told me they didnt like the traffic after 2-3 days, i wouldnt have cared.

Hey, just wanted to throw my two cents in here..

Even though I don't condone what Hydra is doing in this situation, I've never had any problems with them before. They've always went above and beyond what I feel are their duties..

They really should have been tracking your leads, seeing if they were quality from the beginning, not months later. That's such a lame thing for them to do.. Best of luck bro.

$25,000 is not worth bringing into court. I say you should focus on generating more revenue to another network.

We have had our own issues with quality health in the past, which is why we dropped them as a client. They made claims of fraud which were unsubstantiated seems to be their M O

We have had our own issues with quality health in the past, which is why we dropped them as a client. They made claims of fraud which were unsubstantiated seems to be their M O

I'm guessing you didn't fuck over your publishers when that happened? :D

Isn't this part of the risk of being an advertiser? If you're going to sell shady shit like acai powder out of an unmarked warehouse, why should the network/affiliate be responsible when someone calls and cancels your $98 rebill? Fuck- I just realized I should start some rebill offers.

As much as I like the folks at Hydra, I think you need to let them know that if they don't pay you, you're going to sue them, and then follow through. Affiliates need to start taking legal action against networks when the networks decide they aren't going to pay. If a network's terms clearly state that they won't pay you because of issues on the advertiser's end, then DO NOT WORK WITH THEM.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY.

To all affiliates:

From now on, get in WRITING (can be an email too) that YOU as the affiliate will get paid as long as you follow the rules.

The whole fucking point of a network's existence is to be the middleman between the affiliate and the advertiser. If networks keep pulling shit like this (which they have been since the beginning) there should be some sort of affiliate uprising. Unless affiliates start taking action against the networks, the networks will just keep screwing you guys over.

I really don't get it.. As an advertiser, we get leads that we wish we didn't have to pay for, but we do it anyway. Why? Because that's what the contract states. We pay for specific actions, once those actions are completed, its up to us to turn them into customers, not the affiliate's job. The affiliate's job is simple. Follow the rules and promote the offer, that's it. Once their job is done, its our job to complete the rest.

So if Hydra doesn't pay you, boycott them. Sue them. Cause so much unrest until they fucking pay you. This goes for ANY network out there. If you as an affiliate, followed the fucking rules, and a network says they aren't going to pay you because the advertiser didn't pay them? Well, too fucking bad. As a network its their JOB and sole existence to pay you for what you did.

For the networks:

Don't you think it's about goddamn time you start making your terms, rules, contracts tougher for the advertisers? You guys bitch and moan about how bad some affiliates are, well what about how bad the advertisers are?!

How about requiring deposits or suing the shit out of advertisers who don't pay? Or tacking on heavy fines/fees for advertisers who don't pay? You guys are supposed to have a considerable amount in cash reserves to be able to pay the affiliate first before getting paid by the advertiser, that's the way the business worked for years. That's the whole fucking point of being a network, is so affiliates go through you guys instead of directly to the advertiser, and you guys take care of TRACKING and quicker PAYMENTS. Networks who can afford it, pay out quicker than the standard NET 30. If you can't fucking afford to pay out weeklies or less than NET 30... DON'T FUCKING DO IT!

I'm getting so sick and tired of hearing about affiliates who do follow the rules and don't get paid, and then about affiliates who don't follow the rules but do get paid.

Hell, WickedFire will even help you guys by creating a database of delinquent advertisers so other networks don't get fucked and so you networks run into these issues less and less. (see affiliate manager section)

You know what, instead of bitching about all of this let's see if we can get a network to change right away:

Here's an incentive for you networks to change the way you do business...

To the first TWO networks that change their Terms of Service to address this huge issue mentioned in this thread and hereby agrees to finally back the affiliate more than the advertiser, and agrees to pay the affiliates in FULL, I'll give you guys 3 months free advertising on WickedFire (728x90 leaderboard RON AND your own section for six months - worth over $35k total). -- You MUST change your rules and prove so, don't just email me and say "we already do this" because it's a fucking lie. NO network I know of takes the side of an affiliate and pays them in full (full amount they are owed) and acts the way a network should act anymore and its a fucking disgrace.

Don't do it for the incentive, do it because it's about goddamn time one of you steps up and does something for the affiliate, the guys who make and break you sons of bitches. You'll not only win a boatload of free advertising, but the respect and trust of the hardworking affiliates who DO follow the rules.

You know what, instead of bitching about all of this let's see if we can get a network to change right away:

Here's an incentive for you networks to change the way you do business...

To the first TWO networks that change their Terms of Service to address this huge issue mentioned in this thread and hereby agrees to finally back the affiliate more than the advertiser, and agrees to pay the affiliates in FULL, I'll give you guys 3 months free advertising on WickedFire (728x90 leaderboard RON AND your own section for six months - worth over $35k total). -- You MUST change your rules and prove so, don't just email me and say "we already do this" because it's a fucking lie. NO network I know of takes the side of an affiliate and pays them in full (full amount they are owed) and acts the way a network should act anymore and its a fucking disgrace.

Don't do it for the incentive, do it because it's about goddamn time one of you steps up and does something for the affiliate, the guys who make and break you sons of bitches. You'll not only win a boatload of free advertising, but the respect and trust of the hardworking affiliates who DO follow the rules.

jon is my hero.

Quality Health blows. I ran with them through hydra for a few months when i first started AM and made decent money, after 2 months they decided to cut me. It was all adwords traffic. Not sure why the traffic was good for 2 months then all of a sudden it wasnt. But that's their right to cut me, so i switched to azoogle and ran it :) ended up getting cut there after a month and moved on.

I prob did about 25k in leads (zip submits) between both azoogle and hydra BUT i got paid for everything both times i gout cut. Very strange of them not to pay you. Hydra should be able to get them to pay up, they have working together for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.