Good places to live as an internet marketer?

Just want to share something with all ya guys out here...

To TS if your target income will be around $5,000-$7,000 a month you can live quite decent in my country - Philippines and it should be in Cebu, Philippines (the queen city of the south).

Here are some suggestions I hope all you guys will like this one:

1. Putting up a business here in my country would be good, however, if you want to save money on taxes, fixed expenses, overhead costs, labor costs, etc. here are my three suggestions:

a. register a company, and have it processed by someone else, it would cost you about $250 to do it, I know someone who can do this one and he has been helping me out with all the taxes, legal requirements etc.

Have an office rent would be around $100-$200/month it depends on the location and how big the space is.

Our daily minimum wage here in Cebu is about $7.5-$8. Take note, this is our minimum wage per day not per hour.

Broadband fast one can cost about $50-$75 per month. Electricity about $100-$200 it depends on what you are using. The kilowatt/hr is $0.23.

Then, as for taxes not sure how much coz I have not paid taxes ever since maybe before the year ends I will pay:)

b. Register a company, have a virtual office (you will be paying like $75 per month). Someone will answer phone calls for you, there is a secretary who will receive mails, etc. It's kinda cheap especially if you are starting. Then, hire workers homebased from Cebu. You will just pay them their salary that's it. No tax, whatsoever. Taxes will be taken cared of just hire a bookkeeper to do it for you. I think it wost cost you $50/month for accounting stuff.

c. Never register a company and hire homebased employees. No taxes and all income are yours net from other expenses too.

2. Nothing beats living here in Cebu. There is one place here which you can rent a condo unit for about $400-$500/month fully furnished. You are near to various hospitals, it is like a walking distance, near to clubs (where foreigners stay), discos, banks, malls, everything you need is just few minutes away from where you are going to stay.

3. If you want to see the beach or experience we got plenty of them 4hours ride in a bus either south or north of Cebu you will be in total amusement as what you can find here.

4. Most of the people do speak English so communication will not be a hindrance.

5. With $2,000-$3,000 you will be living like a king. If you are on a budget $1,000-$1,500 will be okay to live a decent life here.

Some cool infos:

1. San Miguel Beer grande (1L) I guess would cost about $1.50 per bottle.

2. Draft beer still San Miguel Beer for 3 Liters would be around $7.5 in a restaurant.

3. Hotels would cost about $50-$75/night.

4. For short time stays like 3 hours - 6 hours, there are motels and pension houses offer like $5-$10 per 3 or 6 hours.

5. Food is incredibly cheap here. We got fancy restaurants, too.

6. Our women here the best, for sure you guys out there will fall in love with them right away:) However, some of them are after your money. You are like an atm machine they keep on withdrawing money from you...There are some who are still good. You need to find good women in some places not in the urban areas or highly urbanized areas of Cebu.

7. Oh btw, regarding staying here legally. You can apply for a permanent immigrant visa it would cost you about $500 probationary for 1 year, and then you get permanent immigrant visa for $500 and after that you will be paying $7.5 every year you stay here in our country. I know someone who can do all these stuff too so that no hassle for you;)

I guess, these are all the things I can share with you guys with. I hope this would shed some light on your;)

South Africa - hot girls, great weather, fantastic food... what can i say its a dream place to be

I you are making why not simply make camp in CA. Structure your business in various entities to avoid taxes.

Beautiful Weather.
Beautiful Women.
Third Women Come To You - Pick & Chose if that is your desire - otherwise stick with the Top Shelf American,. Norwegian, European, and yes Latin, Black, Asian etc. They all come to you in one convenient place - LA/OC in CA.
Everything is here is you have enough money - why leave?
Make real cash and enjoy everything that cash can bring you - all in one place.

I would only consider leaving the US when I give up thinking I will be able to once again make enough money.

If you are satisfied or are capped at $10K or less per month then yes, I would leave too - otherwise stick around and make more.

The first post mentioned that he is trying to avoid UK taxes, so he is probably from there. :thumbsup:

Like geomark mentioned, the U.S. attempts to tax your worldwide income forever unless you give up U.S. citizenship. I believe Libya is the only other country that does the same.

yeah i just read an article about this... being in Canada a lot of americans here for years want to lose their usa citizenship who haven't been paying those irs bills - but it sounds like one hell of a complicated and expensive process to do... (plus then the irs finds you and wants back taxes)....
catch 22

but (and i'm sure i'll get shot with some sawn off shotgun through the internet for saying so) but why the hell would you actually choose to move to the states right now... ?? if you aint already there (and i worked years in NY and CA and do love america in many ways) but sorry to say i think life society and your chance to make a buck that's worth something is going to fall to shit and a half... it already is... but next 3-10 years. couldn't pay me to be there.
and if there are such low taxes in TX, don't you guys see that's central to the damn problem....

anyway, enough said on that. i really do hope things turn around for the states but it aint happening...

.... but you say you are in UK - can't you do some kind of tax haven in isle of mann ?? ;)

i've actually been thinking the same thing about maybe moving somewhere for all the same reasons - Thailand yes, maybe...
i figure spain will be cheap as hell soon if it isn't already, and at least if it self-collapses its still friggin beautiful...

... and being self employed - with some creative accounting and very generous 'expenses' you can write most of it off to avoid tax anyway.... i write off 70% of loft, well tons of stuff actually... more than i don't - don't know how that is in UK but i've paid next to no taxes (with solid $8k-10k month average income)... in last decade.

(before anyone harps on me about high canadian taxes!)

its a risk i guess, but so is everything....

guy i know ryan - of bumblesoft now softwarp.com moved to Bali - want to ask him more about that... sounds kinda sweet

Panama is cool -- Great condos for cheap since they overbuilt -- No taxes for foreign companies. Workers are around $500 per month. Great food, cheap - $25 for a great diner that would cost you $200 in LA. Great night life. Only downside is the rainy season.

Bali is great. I have been there for a week holiday. Ubud is the place where you can get lots of Jap tourists.

... and being self employed - with some creative accounting and very generous 'expenses' you can write most of it off to avoid tax anyway.... i write off 70% of loft, well tons of stuff actually... more than i don't - don't know how that is in UK but i've paid next to no taxes (with solid $8k-10k month average income)... in last decade.

(before anyone harps on me about high canadian taxes!)

its a risk i guess, but so is everything....

guy i know ryan - of bumblesoft now softwarp.com moved to Bali - want to ask him more about that... sounds kinda sweet

lol, a lot of us live/lived there, highest obesity rate in the world. If you like fat chicks then you are in heaven.

If I had the money I would be in the Mediterranean- think South of France, Spain, Italy, Greece etc..
For now anywhere with a decent beach, sun and $1 beer is great- I'm sure there are plenty of places that qualify for that.

Just want to share something with all ya guys out here...

To TS if your target income will be around $5,000-$7,000 a month you can live quite decent in my country - Philippines and it should be in Cebu, Philippines (the queen city of the south).

Here are some suggestions I hope all you guys will like this one:

1. Putting up a business here in my country would be good, however, if you want to save money on taxes, fixed expenses, overhead costs, labor costs, etc. here are my three suggestions:

a. register a company, and have it processed by someone else, it would cost you about $250 to do it, I know someone who can do this one and he has been helping me out with all the taxes, legal requirements etc.

You make many good points.
But a major problem with incorporating in the Phils is that foreigners are not allowed to own a majority share of any business and are required to take on a Filipino business partner. That "partner" will own the majority and control the company, and his citizenship is often his only contribution to the deal.
Not a good scenario in any way, and one of the reasons why the country is lagging badly behind the other countries in the region in pretty much all respects. It's just not that attractive for foreigners to invest under those conditions.
Apart from that, I agree that the Phils is a pretty decent place to use as a playground. Incorporate in a tax haven, live (and work on your campaigns) in Cebu and you can get by just fine on $3000/mo. $2000 would be insufficient for a decent standard of living, in my opinion, though I know there are westerners who live OK on that.

I vote for canarian islands with its outstanding veiws, marvelous ocean, cool chicks, Summer all year - definitly best place to live.

Is it still the most dangerous place in the world outside of a war zone? Have the blacks stopped killing and raping white farmers yet?

well those are the extreme areas. but most of the other places its unheard of, its a very beautiful country, you can get really cheap labor (unskilled of course)

i think its like £7 for a days work, that's manual labor, so think about a maid and may be a nice garden boy which tends the garden and cleans the pool.

If you don't show off and brag that you have money then you will not be targeted.

Its much more spacious than the UK is (i live in the UK at the moment :( im just waiting to go back to my home country)

ROI.

Friendly and is close enough to skip back and forth to see family an shit.

Republic of Ireland?! Why would anyone move from Scotland to Ireland or vice versa if they could work anywhere, that's like moving all your shit from Manchester to Liverpool for no reason.

For those of you in Thailand, or that have lived in Thailand previously. Where would you recommend living? I know that's a pretty generic question but I'm planning on moving there in a year or two for 6 mos - 1 year.

Ideally I'd like to have a beach town that isn't a complete tourist trap but still big enough to have stuff going on.

From what I've researched I've heard Pattaya may foot the bill and isn't a total clusterfuck like Phuket.