Game of Thrones ***NO SPOILERS PERMITTED***

I happy with the way I've done it. I'm currently reading the series (book 3) and started the 1st season(which = 1st book) about 2 weeks ago when I was either at the end of book 2 or begging of book 3. Anways, my point was, I enjoyed watching the characters I already knew on the tv. And for some reason it's not like normal book to screen where it's a disappointment. Probably because while the books are awesome for a lot of reasons, they can also be ALOT to maintain in your head with all the damn characters, history, lands...etc and seeing the mental images on screen really help solidify some things.

Also, and this just might be me, I can't stand and really never do read a book after I've seen the movie. It feels as awkward as shoving a square through a round peg.

(BTW, has anyone had the daunting thought that it's going to take us 6-??? years to get through the shows?)

Also what'll happen if it takes over 7 years for the next 2 books to come out? G.R.R. has taken 5+ years to write books in the past and there are still 2 more books to go. So it's conceivable that they finish the 6th season before the 7th book has even be written.

Also what'll happen if it takes over 7 years for the next 2 books to come out? G.R.R. has taken 5+ years to write books in the past and there are still 2 more books to go. So it's conceivable that they finish the 6th season before the 7th book has even be written.

I bet there was some agreement ahead of time with HBO to finish the story. Infact, I bet he's already written the end and is just drawing it out now for the monies and the suspense.

That would be the smart thing to do anyways.

Season 2 -April 1st (no fooling)

Better catch up on season 1 now.

16919092.jpg

I just saw the trailer for season 1 and it didn't make me want to watch it. You guys sure this is a good show? The guy above in the picture, wasn't he in lord of the rings? After watching the trailer, it seems like its going to be a lord of the rings dragged out story. Maybe ill give it a shot because I do want to watch another show.

Reading the third book now. Mad confused with all those character. I am skipping all Bran Stark chapters

Found Season 2 Episode 0 last night. I knew in my heart that it wasn't an actually episode but was hoping that it was a bootleg of next week. Yeah, it was a making the series bullshit. Totally bummed.

I just saw the trailer for season 1 and it didn't make me want to watch it. You guys sure this is a good show? The guy above in the picture, wasn't he in lord of the rings? After watching the trailer, it seems like its going to be a lord of the rings dragged out story. Maybe ill give it a shot because I do want to watch another show.

I didn't like the Lord of the Rings at all.

This series is really good. I actually watched all ten episodes in a day. It moves at a brisk pace too; with lots of changes happening quickly.

Would never read the books though, as I can totally see what other people are talking about with regards to all the characters/details being a lot to keep track of

Reading the third book now. Mad confused with all those character. I am skipping all Bran Stark chapters

...cause that will clear up confusion.

(In fairness I do skim some stuff, especially some of the stories about kings and knights from 200 years ago. I'm sure this will come back to bite me at some point. :D)

Winter is coming bros.

HBO is showing 2 hours a night to show the whole season before season 2.

For anyone who was upset Xbox didn't have the series for sale, was too lazy to go to the mall to get it, and too paranoid to dl it with all the crazy HBO torrents stuff.

I know I'm behind the curve but I just started watching this. First few episodes where 'meh' at best while they where getting the story set up, but 8 episodes in I fucking love it. Moar!

31 of march bitches

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzI9v_B4sxw]Game Of Thrones Season 3: Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I hope they don't cut out the bloody mummers

they already cut them out of the show so far

MUTHAFUCKIN DRAGONS. Not only is Daenerys too hot for words, but muthafuckin dragons.

Yes. Cannot wait.

Better get them fur coats out boys and girls, WINTER IS COMING!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tULXMQ"]Game of Thrones Season 4: Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gceeb0PrOnQ"]Game of Thrones Season 4 Episode 01 - Official Trailer/Promo #2 (HD) IMDbTV - YouTube[/ame]

^^^^ That one above plays twice... Fuck it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIASaUUwklk"]Game of Thrones Season 4: Trailer #3 - Secrets (HBO) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Y_qhzxn2c"]Game of Thrones Season 4: Trailer #4 - Devil Inside (HBO) - YouTube[/ame]

Wheel of Time got so fucking redundant after like 8 books I just up and quit reading it. Not a huge Sanderson fan either, can't imagine he finished it like a boss.

If you're reading this thread and haven't started reading GoT, don't. Huge fucking time suck, so addictive.

A bit like SOT (Sword of Truth) -> the first book is AWESOME. The second sucks a bit. And the third and all the rest after that ... fuck it.

I hear the last couple of books are good, but I can't be bothered to pick them up again, same as WoT.

how many books are there?

There are five books published, out of a planned seven. The upcoming TV season will cover the last 1/3 of A Storm of Swords and potentially portions of the following two books (which are set concurrently).

* A Game of Thrones (1996)
* A Clash of Kings (1998)
* A Storm of Swords (2000)
* A Feast for Crows (2005)
* A Dance with Dragons (2011)
* The Winds of Winter (future, probably early 2015)
* A Dream of Spring (future)

Additionally, there are three novellas in the Tales of Dunk & Egg series that takes place 90 years before the events of AGOT. It hasn't been revealed how many stories there are planned in this series. I've seen a range from 6 to 12.

* The Hedge Knight (1998)
* The Sworn Sword (2003)
* The Mystery Knight (2010)

There was also a standalone (for now) novella titled The Princess And The Queen, published last year, that is set 200 years before the events of AGOT.