Wickedfire got me a job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank,

Every day...at multiple times I searched my city's craigslist for the keywords internet market* SEO/SEM. I found a few listings that fit what I was looking for (after about 2 months). I told them what I could do for them to promote their services and find business and they took me.

Note: I did this forthe sole purpose of getting capital to 1. pay rent 2. pay for web hosting and PPC. Trust me, I haven't lost sight of the main goal...

Ohhh so you learned about this stuff that you're going to do for them over the last month or so, and now you're going to be doing it as a "pro"? Greeeat.

How about this.

If you do an amazing job, then sure, tell them you learned it here. But if you fuck up and cause them to lose cash, tell them you learned it at AbestWeb. Fair trade I'd say!

I start tomorrow as an "internet marketing coordinator" for a law firm here in Dallas. I'll be responsible for helping them with SEO and marketing their brand on social networks...as well as writing content for their website and blogs.

90% of what I know came from this forum.

THANKS JON and everybody who helps out here!:)

what are they paying you?

I start tomorrow as an "internet marketing coordinator" for a law firm here in Dallas. I'll be responsible for helping them with SEO and marketing their brand on social networks...as well as writing content for their website and blogs.

90% of what I know came from this forum.

THANKS JON and everybody who helps out here!:)
+

Congrats bud!

And Jon will be delighted hearing this. You can help him get a lawyer (free of cost) next time to save his ass from the threats of shoemoney's lawyers. :D

That way u wud repay for what ever u learned here.:rasta:

I'm not making ANYTHING worth bragging about. But it's the best job I've ever had. And I plan to quit the fuck out of it as soon as possible.

Oh good, will you tell them to go to hell for me? Ambulance chasers are some of the biggest scumbags in the world.

Any worse than pushing "free" ringtones, fake pills for fatties, credit "repair", etc? I think not.

If "go where the money is" is your ethos, which I think applies to a very large swath of AM folk, then pointing fingers at personal injury lawyers is kinda nonsensical.

Ohhh so you learned about this stuff that you're going to do for them over the last month or so, and now you're going to be doing it as a "pro"? Greeeat.

How about this.

If you do an amazing job, then sure, tell them you learned it here. But if you fuck up and cause them to lose cash, tell them you learned it at AbestWeb. Fair trade I'd say!

No, I really just dropped terms like SEO and copywriting in my coverletter to sound more marketable. It got me the job, but after being there a week, I've figured out that they pretty much want me to maintain a bunch of blogs, write a shit ton of content, and MOST IMPORTANTLY:

find people with a certain disorder on facebook so i can solicit their business. That's what they want me to do. I'm spamming facebook but trying to make it look like...not spamming...and sincere. WTF right?
:confused:

Ha ha ha!

So you're getting paid (a decent amount I hope) to spam Facebook and write content (which you could outsource to our Indian chums and re-write) - sounds like a fucking difficult job you've got there...NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.