We Are About To Lose the Fight for the Internet

Don't overlook Google though. Everyone with half a brain in business is worried that Google will take all their traffic away if they piss big G off enough. :disgust:

i'm guessing google is not supporting it at least in part because it goes against their pr and image, not because they really give a shit about free speech and censorship. they can prance around all they want but it will be telling if they don't take off their kid gloves and lead proactively which they could certainly do if they cared to. and anyway google is pretty much an intelligence spook nest at its highest levels. it's more or less an extension of the nsa and it's had a debt to the cia since it was just a widdle kiddie.

i'm guessing google is not supporting it at least in part because it goes against their pr and image, not because they really give a shit about free speech and censorship...

No, it's not just their image they're worried about.

YouTube, one of Google's flagship sites could be shut down because of the illegal streaming of downloaded music on there. You think they want 1.6 Billion dollars to be taken away from them tomorrow?

No, it's not just their image they're worried about.

YouTube, one of Google's flagship sites could be shut down because of the illegal streaming of downloaded music on there. You think they want 1.6 Billion dollars to be taken away from them tomorrow?

yeah for sure, plus the additional resources scrubbing and tagging their indices.

br88S.jpg

29 Tech Companies Back SOPA

• Adobe
  • Apple
  • Autodesk
  • AVEVA
  • AVG
  • Bentley Systems
  • CA
  • Cadence Design Systems
  • CNC Software – Mastercam
  • Compuware
  • Corel
  • Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation
  • Dell
  • Intel
  • Intuit
  • Kaspersky
  • McAfee
  • Microsoft
  • Minitab
  • Progress Software
  • PTC
  • Quark
  • Quest
  • Rosetta Stone
  • Siemens PLM Software, Inc.
  • Sybase
  • Symantec
  • TechSmith
  • The MathWorks

I find it terribly funny that companies like Adobe, Rosetta Stone, Corel, and Kaspersky wouldn't even have the following they have if it weren't for piracy. Who were the ones who initially wrote all the tutorials or told people about it? It was the college and high school kids that torrented illegal copies and then wrote the tutorials about how they made cool signatures, and that's in large part how future company employees told their boss' that they needed that software to use at work.

Don't shit where ya eat brahs.

oh shit G changed their homepage like Mozilla:

https://www.google.com/

oh wait, no they didn't.

wat? i guess Steve Jobs death is more significant than the internet's.

G could get a billion goddamn sigs if they led the way. something is up.