We Are About To Lose the Fight for the Internet

I am seeing this ALL over today. A lot of the sites I visit have links plastered everywhere to this bill.

This shit looks scary. If it passes, there's going to be some serious backlash.

Where do I sign the petition? All I see is information about it and news letter sign up form.

There are several places. For good measure, use them all. It takes just a few seconds.

Here are a few:

URGENT ACTION NEEDED: New Internet Blacklist Bill Could Shut Down Twitter And Youtube! | Demand Progress

https://wfc2.wiredforchange.com/o/9042/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=8173

American Censorship Day November 16 - Join the fight to stop SOPA

Avaaz - Save the Internet

And call your congressman. Get the pone # from here: http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

edit: doesn't matter what country you live in, sign it.

My question is, how did this shit fly under the radar until today?? 200k something signatures does not seem like a lot....just got the e-mail about it yesterday. How were all the big players who this could possibly hurt not on top of this?

IF YOU ARE A FAGGOT THAT WANTS THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO BE EVERYONE'S MOMMY....FUCK YOU!

THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU ARE A DEMOCRAT....FUCK YOU!!!

IF YOU ARE 90% OF REPUBLICANS, FUCK YOU!!!

AMERICA NEEDS TO STOP WORSHIPING POP CULTURE AND STAND UP FOR LIBERTY NOW

WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME

My question is, how did this shit fly under the radar until today?? 200k something signatures does not seem like a lot....just got the e-mail about it yesterday. How were all the big players who this could possibly hurt not on top of this?

Demand Progress turned in 500k signatures. People have been making a big deal about this for months but the bill's proponents have been trying to rush this through and they have renamed the act(s) several times

You serious? I and a few others have posted threads on here off and on for months about PROTECT-IP and E-PARASITES (old name for this bill. Congress changed it before today's hearing).

The Media is owned by Big Entertainment, they have kept anything mentioning the blacklist bills out of the news so the mass public won't know about it until they all start getting arrested (and then they'll just keep those cases out of the news). Big Entertainment lobbied for this bill and is controlling who can and can't speak at the hearing. Aside from Visa which did an about face and was on our side (which surprised Big Entertainment who thought they were for it), they didn't let anyone tell Congress how much of a fuck up this would be.

You serious? I and a few others have posted threads on here off and on for months about PROTECT-IP and E-PARASITES (old name for this bill. Congress changed it before today's hearing).

The Media is owned by Big Entertainment, they have kept anything mentioning the blacklist bills out of the news so the mass public won't know about it until they all start getting arrested (and then they'll just keep those cases out of the news). Big Entertainment lobbied for this bill and is controlling who can and can't speak at the hearing. Aside from Visa which did an about face and was on our side (which surprised Big Entertainment who thought they were for it), they didn't let anyone tell Congress how much of a fuck up this would be.

I recall seeing the threads on here but what I meant was in the media, etc...but you just explained why.

Ugh, I just left voice mails for my senators telling them to vote that shit down, but I'm sure an aide just mass deletes those messages at the end of the day without listening to them. God I hate politicians.

Why are you guys signing petitions instead of calling your representatives? They're the ones that will cast a vote, right?

I've E-mailed and called mine multiple times. Most everyone has been who signs those petitions because the petitions keep E-mailing you of the progress of each of the blacklist bills and asks you to Click on a little button to send an E-mail to the senators and congressmen every so often.