True Detective

Great show. We needed something to replace the void that Breaking Bad left and by god this is it.

One of the most engrossing shows I've ever seen. Someone on this board recommended it and I haven't looked back since.

The scariest part is how much I relate to Rust. His views on fundamentalist Christianity and antinatalism are exactly the same as mine. Writers are fucking brilliant.

Lots of symbolism. Tons obscure literary references. And some illuminati shit to top it off.

WsvwdYJ.jpg

She also has a big role on a show called Banshee on Cinemax and gets naked a lot. Very good show if you are looking to waste more time in Mom's basement.

True Detective - Six minute single take tracking shot - no edits, no cuts - Who Goes There - YouTube

It's a single tracking shot over 6 minutes - fucking epic. The director, Cary Fukunaga, talks about how they pulled it off here - 'True Detective': How Did They Pull Off That Final Shot? | MTV.com

I remember in this episode, Matt asked the leader, what is the plan?

that fool goes, the plan is solid, it will work. What pissed Matt off during the heist is the cluster fuck it was becoming in the neighborhood where they are trying to rob the dealers, it was becoming a mess real fast.

She also has a big role on a show called Banshee on Cinemax and gets naked a lot. Very good show if you are looking to waste more time in Mom's basement.

Yup i watch it. It's a great show but for extremely different reasons.

I've watched the firs episode yestarday. It's really good. Reminds me a bit with some of the David Lynch patterns. Of course at a lower scale :)

fuck yeah. thanks for sharing the show with us. wickedfire never fails to deliver on gold info such as brilliant shows (true detective and rick&morty), cheapass VPSes (digitalocean), and other enlightened posts.

Can we find out who sets tags?

That would be helpful for ban-hammerage, but Mike tells me no.

Is that correct? I tried a test tag just to see....

Let me know, Jon.

A lot of people have been telling me to watch it, I will check it out.

Apparently from what I read is McConaughey got a new agent or something so he's getting better roles. Last thing I saw him in was Lincoln Lawyer which was good.

bro, you need to watch Dallas Buyers Club, I heard he has given hell of a performance in this movie.

Can't wait to see it.

Can we find out who sets tags?

That would be helpful for ban-hammerage, but Mike tells me no.

Is that correct? I tried a test tag just to see....

Let me know, Jon.

seriously. some nigga just spoiled the show using tags, and it's nearly unavoidable not to catch a glimpse of that tag.

also, i am interested in who sets all the ban galacon tags. just curious.

I watched first episode and loved it when I first heard Woody was in it - waiting for a bunch to watch in one go.

This whole scene blew me away. I really hope they can keep up this quality throughout the series.

Unfortunately, I don't think they will ever be able to match the quality of this season [thus far anyway]. The casting for this season was phenomenal and after watching the, "making of" extras it seems that McConaughey, and to a lesser extent Harrelson, has so much input on his character outside of the original script that he should almost be credited as a writer/director. It is going to be very hard to replicate that with an entirely new cast. HBO does a great job keeping series like this together, but I just can't see the next season being as good. As far as I am concerned, this season is a 10/10 and that is extremely hard to maintain. The next season will probably be great, but this season is one of the best TV series I have ever seen if not the best. I really hope I am proven wrong, but if they can top or equal it I will be astounded.

One a side note, McConaughey's brilliance in this show has gotten me extremely excited for Interstellar

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WzHXI5HizQ]Interstellar Official Teaser Trailer #1 (2014) Christopher Nolan Sci-Fi Movie HD - YouTube[/ame]

I was already excited because I love Nolan movies and the plot is right up my alley, but man I can't contain my excitement now that McConaughey has really gained a lot more respect from me.