True Detective

At first I was thinking 'kinda slow', but 'let us see where this goes.'

Now, I am dreaming of Sunday.

McConaughey has redeemed himself of any poor performances with this series. To bad they won't be back next season.

eta: Yippee, I guess I can PM Grindstone now...

What's the name of that crazy girl he banged that ended up ruining his life? The boobs that bitch had! :love-smiley-086:

Alexandra Daddario. I would drag my balls over a mile of HIV infected needles just to hear her fart over a walkie-talkie.

alexandra-daddario-691849062.jpg

1cZIEOF.gif

Even without her the show is amazing. Some of the best writing I've seen. The stuff McConaughey's character says is brilliant.

I don't remember which episode, maybe 3rd or 4th, but the last 5 minutes or so where it was shot in one continuous scene was the best 5 minutes of a show I've ever watched. Gonna be hard shoes to fill for whoever gets casts for next season.

A lot of people have been telling me to watch it, I will check it out.

Apparently from what I read is McConaughey got a new agent or something so he's getting better roles. Last thing I saw him in was Lincoln Lawyer which was good.

I don't remember which episode, maybe 3rd or 4th, but the last 5 minutes or so where it was shot in one continuous scene was the best 5 minutes of a show I've ever watched. Gonna be hard shoes to fill for whoever gets casts for next season.
4th ep. "Who Goes There". The one where Cohle was worried it'll turn into mogadishu (which it did).

definitely the best series on tv right now.

ginger (played by joseph sikora who was the patsy in jack reacher)
pIi0Hkc.jpg

who is setting spoiler tags again?

I was actually going to post about this show here. I'm continually surprised at how well received and how much acclaim the show is getting.. and I agree with it 100%. But I'm surprised so many people like it because at it's core this season of the show is kind of like a philosophical anthology through the mouth of Rust.

Ya there's lots of other cool shit about the the show but almost every line Rust says is chock-full of meaning - that I'm not sure most get. I know WF has a higher quality of people but the praise for the show is coming from everywhere. It's probably because it has a little something for everyone. If you hate Rust's rants then you can side with Woody (and who wouldn't want to) who just tells him to shut the fuck up. The character interactions between those 2 is fucking fun as hell and realistic. Both are awesome characters.

This season of the show is unquestionably original.. but the reason for that has to be this existential dialogue through Rust. I've never seen it before in a TV show and possibly only ever done elsewhere in a few Indy films but never done as well as this. Either way McConaughey has redeemed himself of every meaningless pretty-boy role he's ever played.

But if couch philosophy isn't your thing then you always have Alexandra Daddario and Lili Simmons

WsvwdYJ.jpg

We literally just finished watching the first episode 10 minutes before seeing this thread. I though it was great and am tempted to go watch the rest of the episodes now, but the girl wants to watch them too, and she has to get up and go to work in the AM, so we'll probably watch them on the weekend.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U]True Detective - Six minute single take tracking shot - no edits, no cuts - Who Goes There - YouTube[/ame]

It's a single tracking shot over 6 minutes - fucking epic. The director, Cary Fukunaga, talks about how they pulled it off here - 'True Detective': How Did They Pull Off That Final Shot? | MTV.com