The Official Trading Thread

giphy-57.gif

To clear things up for the naysayers, no this is not a fucking sleazy technique at trying to pitch you some product aka the macro. It will never be sold nor leased, that is a guarantee. It was created to help facilitate my trading habits, and help me take note of all the opportunities that are hitting the market that I previously couldn't manually handle to watch. Not to mention is that it is not a A-Z product, it requires good market knowledge and good technical trading experience to use it efficiently. Not a plug in play. It is simply tailored for my needs.

Start the motherfucker already, been waiting for this for almost a year!

I am buying TASR calls here with share price at $25.5 -- the JAN $27 calls. TASR has experieced a huge runup following the Michael Brown and associated emotions.

I am buying TASR calls here with share price at $25.5 -- the JAN $27 calls. TASR has experieced a huge runup following the Michael Brown and associated emotions.

I'd say you missed the move but you never know...

Better hope something happens within the next few weeks to increase the price - you're going to find your option lose value through decay possibly...

It is nearly $26 so you might be on something here premarket (when it opens who knows).

Where's poopie he would probably tell you the best trade to do...

Fuck yea I missed the easy part of the move. But I think the move has some gas left. I am running out of time for the short-dated calls tho. I took a bigger swing than I probably needed to at the $27 strike with so little time left until exp.

I think the odds are still good that the Fed has my back. I am holding the position for now.

TASR did not work on my timeline. The stock sitting @ $28 in the AH and whole lotta good that is doing me, lol. I lol with da punches. LOL!

Meanwhile I am loading on volatility, buying the calls here. Feb VIX $20 strike and Mar VIX $20 strike. If I can pick up some more even cheaper in the next few days I will do so.

There is far far far too much serentity on the surface considernig the shitstorm taking place down below.

reading posts like this i get the same feeling as when i hear somebody talk about what jesus intends to do.

does it not give you pause that you're 2 posts removed from a guy who was so adept at this that he committed federal crimes to make money some other way?

Yea, it'd be better that a crash wasn't coming or that I didn't believe a collapse was coming. Since I happen to believe the collapse will come whether I make money from it or not, I am stuck with either making money from it or abandoning my own conviction that it will happen.

I ain't running a fraud tho. The feds arent gonna take me down for buying and selling in my own account.

How bout you buy some calls and come with me on the ride?

Yea, it'd be better that a crash wasn't coming or that I didn't believe a collapse was coming. Since I happen to believe the collapse will come whether I make money from it or not, I am stuck with either making money from it or abandoning my own conviction that it will happen.

I ain't running a fraud tho. The feds arent gonna take me down for buying and selling in my own account.

How bout you buy some calls and come with me on the ride?

mgrunin found such plays "so profitable" he turned to fraud... was my point earlier, that i now need to spell out.

as for joining you on your ride, that's one i've already been on. vaya con dios.

Seeing an increase of volatilty. Will eventual settle, when it does want to I want to speculate to the upside. I am liking the idea of speculating on BABA if it hangs around in the mid 80s for a while longer after vol settles down.

Time to open my first short position on a stock. I don't see a way where Lumber Liquidator (symbol LL) doesn't go down in flames.

60 minutes ran a story about the company poisoning their customers. Lumber Liquidators linked to health and safety violations - CBS News

They interviewed the chinese manufacturers who admitted to falsifying documents regarding the toxicity of the materials, to save the company 10%-15% on the manufacturing process.

The materials used in the flooring are actually illegal in the state of CA, not just require a warning about causing cancer in CA, but are illegal to sell, because they cause cancer.

California already updated it's Air quality fact sheet to reflect the story after contacting 60 minutes to get the testing results, with: http://www.arb.ca.gov/html/fact_sheets/composite_wood_flooring_faq.pdf
most laminate flooring and engineered wood flooring labeled
as complying with California’s formaldehyde emission standards (i.e., CARB Phase 2) meets those standards. However some flooring products may have been falsely labeled.

As it happens, Lumber Liquidators flooring was falsely labeled, according to 60 minutes.

60 minutes also sent samples to 3 different testing facilities who confirmed the levels, for their story.

Lumber Liquidator's captain of the ship has to keep people from panic, of course he will say everything is alright, but his response was a canned response, stating he has documents that show it was grade A materials, while the company claims they labeled grade B materials as A on behalf of the company.

So....imo even if they change their manufacturer the damage is done and class action lawsuits are absolutely imminent.