The Internetz is good, but don't let it hurt your eyes

Engyj

Sep 4, 2011
London
Possibly been posted before. And you guys are obviously gay cunts. But you spend alot of time in front of the computer, and it may be affecting your sleep and/or eyes. I read this on reddit a week ago and they said to download something called flux. Some of you may already use it but since installing it I can't see myself going back.

Essentially, the light of your monitor emulates the sun, and so your melatonin levels stay low (lowering your ability to sleep). That's fine in the day, but in the evening its baaaad.

It works via your timezone and changes the tone of the screen from sundown to sunup, for all you late nighters.

its a little weird at first but once you get used to it, and try changing it back, your eyes will realise what theyve been missing.

Reddit Link: Fall asleep faster with a simple program for PC / Mac / iOS : LifeProTips

Download Link: F.lux: software to make your life better

TL,DR This shit improves the fuck out of your eyes/sleep

pffft, i have cardboard a put over my monitor to protect my eyes. i have an audio program that reads the pixel dimensions outloud so i can click the mouse where i need to. otherwise i normally just tab. if i get stuck i hit F1 and a voice will tell me what text i am hovering over or give me a brief verbal description of the image/media i am near. watching movies suck but hey my eyesight is TWENY TWENY MANNNN

Possibly been posted before. And you guys are obviously gay cunts. But you spend alot of time in front of the computer, and it may be affecting your sleep and/or eyes. I read this on reddit a week ago and they said to download something called flux. Some of you may already use it but since installing it I can't see myself going back.

Essentially, the light of your monitor emulates the sun, and so your melatonin levels stay low (lowering your ability to sleep). That's fine in the day, but in the evening its baaaad.

It works via your timezone and changes the tone of the screen from sundown to sunup, for all you late nighters.

its a little weird at first but once you get used to it, and try changing it back, your eyes will realise what theyve been missing.

Reddit Link: Fall asleep faster with a simple program for PC / Mac / iOS : LifeProTips

Download Link: F.lux: software to make your life better

TL,DR This shit improves the fuck out of your eyes/sleep

+ Fucking Rep.

I discovered Flux about a year ago and have been using it since. I rarely disable mine, usually just for movies/graphics. I don't even really notice it anymore.

I have probably been using F.lux for a couple years. I think I originally started using it after a previous recommendation here. I disabled it often at first, but now I rarely even remember that it is running.

Been using Flux for years as well. The only time you have to disable it is when designing.