The Art of Domaining - The Definitive Success Guide

I'm new at this, not sure if I should ask this here or in the affiliate section but here goes. I own several domains e.g. .in .sg and was thinking becoming an affiliate of the main .com site, then put up the exact signup page the .com has. What other ways can the sites be made more successful than organic traffic and move it up the search engine rankings? e.g. drive paid traffic, SEO?

The .com is a well known dating website if that info helps :)

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Brandable Domains -- These are names like WickedFire.com, YouTube.com, Google.com or Digg.com. Brandable domains are the domains which are, well, brandable.

While they may not really get type-in traffic but, if developed and promoted, it will stick in the visitor's mind and they will visit it again.

Aha! This is what I have been doing but didn't realize that it had an actual "name". I have registered several brandable names around products that I feel have potential. Reading this makes me feel good in knowing that it is a proven process.

Any news on the many and new gTLDs? Will Google be using them in search engines and consequently, they have value in the future? According to ICANN, over 250 are being released this year including: .bike, .ninja, .dating etc.

I've been dabbling into the market mostly on location based gTLDs like .London and .NYC as search engines could use them to differentiate local markets. Also, word of warning, .LA is for the country of Laos. Don't fall for grabbing pizza.la and think you're going to sell it to someone in Cali.

Anyways, good read and I'd appreciate any advice on those outlaying domains and their potential.

Eleven years old - time flies!

It's funny - this guide still is more or less relevant. Proves that domaining hasn't changed much.

Where is LordB nowadays?

Edit: Some of the resources are out of date, obviously. Maybe someone can update those and start a new thread. And thus, start the revival of WickedFire!

#wishfulthinking