Summer Stock-Picking Contest

Not going to pretend I know anything about stocks. But since it's a bit of fun, 3 companies I would invest in that meet the criteria:

TXN
SWIR
QCOM

My picks:

Canadian Energy Services (CEU-TSX)
MEMORIAL RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (MRD-NASD)
CREDIT SUISSE NASSAU BRH VELOCITYSHARES DAILY INVERSE VIX SHORT TERM ETN (XIV)

Which to pick when you think the whole stock market is going to tank HARD?

Just some XAU and other precmets?

Who are we kidding... You know I'd only bet on bitcoin anyway. ;)

What do I win if bitcoin has another 10x jump this summer and outperforms every stock listed on this page by at least 5 Times?

Zynga - ZNGA - Current price: $3.19

SolarCity - SCTY - Current price: $71.34

3D Systems - DDD - Current price $61.62

My favorite stock is still GW pharmaceuticals

Don't put too much faith in MJNA, they've got potential once marijuana is legalized on the national level since they'll have the infrastructure ready to go but for now they're pretty limited. The best thing they've got going is their legally imported, legal to sell in all 50 states, high CBD oil and vaporizer cartridges that's derived from legal hemp stems/stalks. The only problem with that line is that there is criticism that it's weak (4% for the vaporizer, 14% for the raw oil) but for a mom in a state like Texas or Tennessee who's child has epilepsy the only other option is to move to Colorado so there is a market and anecdotal stories of it helping reduce and even eliminate seizures much like those of pure CBD marijuana strains in Colorado and California.

A better stock in the short term is GW Pharmaceutical. The FDA, DEA, and US government have basically given them an absolute monopoly on cannabinoids and they have a few clinical trials running for several of the ailments that people report medical marijuana curing and helping. Nationwide legalization is at least 10-15 years away so for cancer, MS, and epilepsy patients in non legal states this is their only hope before national legalization. Even then GW will be able to delivery high quality, dosage controlled, lab tested, and easy to administer marijuana (it goes under the tongue) that would probably appeal to non-smokers, kids, old people, and others who might have hesitation about taking "medicine" through a bong or a psychedelic glass pipe.

MLoDp2Q.png

It's doubled since I posted it, and since choosing 1 right stock on wickedfire grants you banker status I am now Charles Schwab.

KFUuP46.png

Other stocks I like

intuit
apple
box (9/10 would bang and buy at IPO)
union pacific

Mother of a donkey, CEU has dropped more than 4% today.

None of you guys bought my picks, right?

We allowed to play the biotech lottery, and then launch of Ebook about our miracle trading strategy if a drug gets approved; or quietly slink away to be forgotten when phase 3 trials reveal that the drugs kill people?

We allowed to play the biotech lottery, and then launch of Ebook about our miracle trading strategy if a drug gets approved; or quietly slink away to be forgotten when phase 3 trials reveal that the drugs kill people?

Yes, and if you play that game well, you have a promising future in the investment newsletter niche.

And foooooookkkkk, nobody invest in Canada energy right now, the whole damn sector just went bearish over the July 4th long weekend.

God, I need the Arabs to stir up some more shit or I am going to get embarrassed over this thread....

bump

anybody doing really well?

I checked a bunch of these and it looks like GLUU is the only one with a good return so far

I had my assistant plug in all the picks into a CNN money portfolio in the first week of July and so far the big winner is Glu Mobile Inc (NASDAQ:GLUU) moving from $5 to $7 and the big loser is King Digital Entertainment PLC (NYSE:KING) down to $19.46 from $21.46 at the beginning of July.

Everthing else is +/- 3%

That's about it for the big movers. Hopefully we will see some higher volatility in August or my assistant will be grinding out the small differences between the picks and cursing me under her breath (well she does that anyways but..).