Starting Dropshipping with AliExpress

Hi Mike,

Congrat on your success with the website! And you have a really nice follow along post, I learned a lots from it, thanks!!

I am doing something similar with aliexpress plugin which I bought from codecanyon, so far Im very disappointed with the result that plugin pulls. The seller said they dont control the result as it is done by the Aliexpress API....

So my question is (if you dont mind), do u ever find some products that u can easily find it when u search in aliexpress.com itself, but when u try to search it with ur plugin through API, and it nowhere to find that exactly product? Its like its doesnt exist at all, and thats make me mad. Because I want to add only unique and hot selling products into my store, but i cant find it through the plugin. I wonder whether its the plugin that done terrible job or its the API has limitation?

Hope to hear your opinion and experience, thanks in advance!!

Does this plugin have an option to search the item by Product ID like it is shown here How to Find and Use Product ID |

Great site and well done mate. Quite impressed.

And since you're developing the app yourself, Here's my 2 cents.

Add another page before sending them to Paypal and collect their email there. Easy way to do it is to design it so it looks like a wizard, "Step 1 > 80% complete... enter your email to continue... "

Reason you do this, is to email them if they abandon the cart... Remind them of the pending item or Recommend similar items once they purchase. You can do this easily by hooking up ActiveCampaign's api.

- Lead them through a funnel... Collect emails & remarket to get back lost sales. And followup.

Also, once they purchase, assuming you send them a custom invoice/receipt, include an extra section in your email - "People who bought this item also bought these.. "

My stats for December:

TRAFFIC

CaG78k2.png

INCOME

Total income: $1113,3
Supplier costs: $345,06
Affiliate commission: $23,02
Net profit: $725,46

Most of my sales were generated with the help of organic search and social media (not paid ads).

Top 3 countries people purchased from:
- United States
- Germany
- Australia

This month a have some decrease in sales comparing to November, but in December I did not have much time on working with the site. So I hope to correct this in January.

I had some slight complaints regarding a long delivery time but no refunds in December!

Mike,

This entire thread fascinates me. Thank you for sharing so much of your work and results.

Chris

Today I want to show you my social plugin that I am successfully using with my dropshipping sites and Amazon affiliate stores.

Before I used many different social posters and social promotion plugins but each of them has its own disadvantages and could not meet all my requirements. As a result I created my own solution that I called SocialRabbit.

How this Plugin works:

The plugin has a Dashboard that displays the list of activities performed by SocialRabbit. As you can see this plugin works with 3 popular social networks - Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

r2XwSnO.png

The connection with social networks API is implemented like in other social plugins:

0xpdteN.png

Posting option also does not differ much from existent solutions. It allows posting all the products available on your store in your social pages - Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest on full autopilot.

w29xh3P.png

Such posting brings great benefits:
- Promotion of your products on social accounts
- More stable positions on Google because of social signals
- Targeted traffic from scoial networks

Owing to such posting some of my product pages posted on social networks appear on Google higher than Amazon, AliExpress and Ebay:

E8ctDZ0.png

Now the most interesting part! The core of this system is two Social Robots integrated with this plugin - Facebook Liker and Post Grabber.

For Facebook Liker you have a convenient interface where you can find the most popular groups in your niche and pass them to FacebookLiker Robot that will start visiting these groups, liking posts, leaving comments and replying to other comments attracting people to your webstore. And it works perfect!

wNbYwVH.png

Another social robot is called Post Grabber. This robot visits the most popular Facebook groups devoted to your niche, finds the most popular posts in these groups and re-posts these posts on your Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts.

kUvMpxC.png

The Plugin also features a Spinner section for creation different pre-loaded comments and replies for FacebookLiker Robot.

NlAo5gh.png

So, that was a quick tour of my SocialRabbit plugin. There are other features available with this tool I can describe, but then my post can be very long. So far I am very satisfied with the results it gives me and I think if you have such a Rabbit in your hands you can easily fire your SMM expert:)

Among other similar solutions for your webstores I can also recommend Wpfanmachine and Nextscript autoposter.

My SocialRabbit plugin is showing really good results. I intalled the updated version on my Harry site on January 18, and I instantly got a great boost on my social traffic:

WYVXZtP.png

I have recently found another good and simple strategy of promotion in Facebook.

1. You find and join popular niche-related groups on Facebook, like this one with 6000 memebers:

hg6teUq.png

2. You visit your own fan page, select the post and share it on the groups you joined:

IchF7if.png

Attention! You should post some interesting content, not products and advertising.

3. Your post appears on the groups and start attracting users to your own fan page.

PiGDEeb.png

As a result my post reached 2000+ users and got 40+ likes. And what is more important I got a great boost in social traffic and recieved several orders!

You can see this boost here on the 27th of January:

iKZixTe.png

Worth trying!

I was playing with pricing on my dropshipping sites for a long time and finally found a formula that works good for me. So, may be it will be helpful for other dropshippers.

My pricing formula is following:

0<x<1=$7.95 (if the cost of the product on AliExpress is between $0 and $1, my price is $7.95).

1<x<2=$8.99.

2<x<5=$9.95.

5<x<30=x*2.

30<x<50=x*1.75.

50<x<100=x*1.5.

x>100=x*1.35.

Here is how it looks like on my Plugin:

rH5wCsS.png

Very useful article thanks to the author, I'm a newbie too, thinking about your site, so yato article is just the way

Keep it up man really enjoyed browsing through this thread...and I had to change my password to post on here seems like the site is growing are you still using Senuke to do bookmarks?

Keep it up man really enjoyed browsing through this thread...and I had to change my password to post on here seems like the site is growing are you still using Senuke to do bookmarks?

Thank you! Yes, I am using Senuke for creating bookmarks.

Where do you get this plugin? Their site seems to be down.

SocialRabbit is also my plugin, that I have not released yet and have not created a site for.

Wow looks cool. Please keep us updated. Or any chance to get beta etc.?

I think SocialRabbit will be released in next 2-3 weeks. I would be happy to send you a copy for free that you can try yourself. I will let you know once it's ready.

Recently I have finished developing my second theme for the plugin and have built the first site on this template. How do you find it?

@MikeAus, I really want to thank you for providing your ongoing transparency report.

First, it's unusual to see people in our market share such insight into their business or niche for fear of being copied.

Second, your posts serve as motivation. Seeing someone working it out in the same industry and providing advice along the way is an inspiration for others to take action as well.

It may sound corny but to me inspiring others is one of the highest things you can do in this world. So great job and I'm hooked on reading updates this thread.