N00b Arbitrage Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, I just made my first template:

http://myfinanceforum.com/articles/Pie/

I can upload a new folder, change some PHP vars, design some topic-relevant images and BLAM - new niche.

I also just bought Keyword Elite software to hopefully automate the research. From the videos I watched about how it works, it is the perfect tool to automate niche research and fills in the logical blanks I was asking about: how to determine whether a keyword set would be profitable or not BEFORE initiating a campaign. I have pretty much decided to use 7search/AdWords and AdSense since it seems like most people have success with those combinations.

Let me know what you think about the template.

Template looks fine but I'm not sure how well some of those "recipe" ads are going to pay. Definitely remove the text "Didn't find what you're looking for?" above the Google search box.

You're spending way too much time per niche. Prepopulating the search box is also against Google's TOS.

I don't remember posting how much time I took, but it's less than 10 minutes including content. Is this too much time? If so, I'm at a loss as to how to do arbitrage properly in less time. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

I do believe you're correct about the google search, so I have removed that, thanks for the tip.

I don't remember posting how much time I took, but it's less than 10 minutes including content. Is this too much time? If so, I'm at a loss as to how to do arbitrage properly in less time. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

I do believe you're correct about the google search, so I have removed that, thanks for the tip.

Automation.

So after testing a couple of things out, and getting some good feedback on my template (which was using garbage keywords, btw), I've finally done it. I also used Keyword Elite quite extensively in combination with the tools at 7Search and the WordTracker Top 200 email list to do my niche research. My first page earning 111% ROI is now running. Here are the numbers:

CTR 42%
aCPC 0.10
aRPC 0.31

So long as this continues for a month, this one 3-page site should earn me roughly (really roughly) $200 profit, even after attributed server expenses.

Unless I have further problems, this will be my last post on this thread. Hopefully I've given all the other n00bs out there that visit WickedFire, something substantial to work with. If I had to sum up the experience in a few points:

1. Research is king.
2. <shameless plug>BUY Keyword Elite! It's cheap and automates the hell out of your research grind. </shameless plug> See my sig.
3. Start small, measure carefully. Make SURE you're making money (if you do #1 properly, this shouldn't be a problem).

Shouts to all the killer WF people who have helped along the way. There are too many to mention but these come to mind:

Of course, Jon. Dude, thanks. Seriously. :bowdown:
Chrislingle.:thumbsup:
Engaged. This fucker is crazy but he keeps it real.:cool-smiley-008:
JDog.
Emp.
Stanley.
Greenvy.

The list goes on. Thanks people!

Ok I'm back. I made 226% ROI the first day, then -51% the next day, wiping out my gain. What the hell happened? I'm trying another niche now with an average CPC of between $7-$10 to see if this makes a difference, but why the hell would the ROI so drastically plummet in one day?

7search just wiped out all the my keywords for one of my arbi sites and for some reason my revenue was less than 1/4 of what I have been averaging.

Im curious and don't believe I've seen any reference to this. From what it seems, you guys who use this method open quite a few sites based on this. Do you just have one domain and just throw everything in subfolders or do you buy domains for each site?

I use subdomains others use subfolders. I use subdomains to help target ad (keyword in subdomain) and to make setting up adsense channels easy. I'm not sure how much it matters in the long run.

I use subdomains others use subfolders. I use subdomains to help target ad (keyword in subdomain) and to make setting up adsense channels easy. I'm not sure how much it matters in the long run.

This seems to be a common problem: getting the proper, high-paying AdSense ads to appear on your pages. Can you elaborate on that, Jdog? I've used subfolders, no subfolders but keyword-in-URL, but not subdomains and the hardest thing I'm faced with now is getting the good bids on the AdSense blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.