Microsoft's New Tablet/Laptop taking PreOrders - Ships in 10 Days

Drake

Jun 9, 2007
Cant decide if I want one myself but have seen others here are thinking about getting this:

e2633b46-f180-4540-8bca-9558b5885572.jpg

Starts at $499 for 32 Gb without keyboard. Not exactly cheap.

Microsoft Store Online

Note: Site is buggy and slow.

If you are not in the US click here >>>

surface.PNG

I'm sold!

I'll try one in the microsoft store at my mall... It'd be great to have a super-slim laptop but if it's not powerful enough to survive a dickroll here then I'll pass. :thumbsup:

no thanks...i do want to find a 27 inch touch screen tablet like device, ideally i could also plug tv into it as in cable. mount it on my kitchen wall in a swivel mount. So anyone coming over can access the internet in the kitchen. Use it to play a cooking show while you cook, cartoons in the morning. News...weather.

I will probably order one.

If you plan to make an order, keep in mind that this is the Windows RT version which is more like an iPad with iOS, not the full Windows 8 version.

$48 more in Australia? bastards, our dollar is worth more than a US dollar now!

Nevertheless, I've been running windows 8 for a week now and I love it. Installed an SSD in my Macbook Pro and loaded Windows 8 on it, pretty bitchin. Of course as explained above, this isn't the full OS Surface.

It is funny how many people are complaining about the price on facebook even though it is $100 less than the newest iPad with the same storage.

It also has a quad core processor vs dual core in the iPad, 2gb of ram vs 1gb in the iPad, and MS Office is included.

It is funny how many people are complaining about the price on facebook even though it is $100 less than the newest iPad with the same storage.

It also has a quad core processor vs dual core in the iPad, 2gb of ram vs 1gb in the iPad, and MS Office is included.

specs mean a lot less when the operating systems are so drastically different.

With the prices of everything hardware related coming down. I'm going to be VERY hard pressed not to just assemble something out of parts in the future. Something like this isn't really worth the money when competing, established products are out there & selling quite cheaply.

Something like this isn't really worth the money when competing, established products are out there & selling quite cheaply.
Crack. Are you on it?

How is this thread relevant to a PC you can build yourself? Even out of laptop parts??

It's a tablet with the guts of a full-fledged PC, which you can actually work and hardcore game at. Which thread did you mean to respond to?

It's a tablet with the guts of a full-fledged PC, which you can actually work and hardcore game at. Which thread did you mean to respond to?

It really isn't, the Pro version is as you describe but this one has an ARM processor. Not to mention it has no cellular connection ability which is a bit of a bummer.

Its only a matter of time till 8 starts showing up on fully ripped chinese devices. Im betting my balls those will be 40% cheaper. Ofcourse expect lag for your cheapness.

Crack. Are you on it?

How is this thread relevant to a PC you can build yourself? Even out of laptop parts??

Hardcore gaming with integrated graphics?? I think not.