Microsoft's New Tablet/Laptop taking PreOrders - Ships in 10 Days

Disappointing resolution for graphic whores.

Microsoft Surface: 1366 x 768

Sony VAIO Duo 11: 1080 x 1920

iPad: 2048 x 1536

Surface Pro will be 1920 x 1080. Microsoft claims that the 1366 x 768 screen will look better than their competitors because of sub-pixel rendering in ClearType and the way they made the screen. We will have to wait for some public side by side comparisons to see if that is actually true.

It looks like the Microsoft Store in Times Square was busy last night.

T1Gun.jpg

VfIsg.jpg

Great job Microsoft

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FolCnNeH1M]Microsoft Surface is the best productivity tablet yet - YouTube[/ame]

Upgraded both my workstation/gaming rig and laptop to Windows 8 today and so far so good. Upgrade cost from Win 7 is only $39 or €29 which is nice. Really liking some of the interface features/redesign. Everything seems pretty snappy, but this is a brand new uber box so everything is fast on it. Some of the MS online services seem really slow/unavailable tonight though.

Not perfect, but nothing ever is. I'd take this OS on a tablet or Phone over iOS any day.

Anyone know where you'd go about getting a copy of Windows RT? I'd like to develop some stuff for the Windows App Store while it's still young.