JP Grunin: From $10,000 to $100,000 in 6 months.

$6k loss the first day, wow

Tell me about. I am more than embarrassed. Could have easily taken the +$600 profit I had sitting in multiple instances throughout two years and start things nice and slowly. Instead I was looking for a larger payday today.

49% that's Michael Jordan's shooting percentage from the field. He missed more shots than he made and he is considered the best basketball player, you don't have to be perfect on every trade to be a good trader.

to be clear, MJ's misses didn't detract from the score. trading isn't a game of "shoot more, play good D, you'll eventually make it", in trading you have to score when you shoot. terrible analogy.

Tell me about. I am more than embarrassed. Could have easily taken the +$600 profit I had sitting in multiple instances throughout two years and start things nice and slowly. Instead I was looking for a larger payday today.

You know what, probably the best thing that could happen for this study. Big blow out first up, people get their trolling and loling out their system early doors, journey can continue without the impending "when is he gonna fuck up" aspect. Give you a bit more peace at least.

Anyway I don't know anything about this sort of shit so I'll leave it at that.

You know what, probably the best thing that could happen for this study. Big blow out first up, people get their trolling and loling out their system early doors, journey can continue without the impending "when is he gonna fuck up" aspect. Give you a bit more peace at least.

Anyway I don't know anything about this sort of shit so I'll leave it at that.

heh, not the best thing, not by a long shot. not trolling or criticizing, but to restart with less than half of your capital going forward isn't exactly helpful. core capital (the base multiplier) is absolutely key to endeavors like this, as i'm sure martin would agree.

"I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought." -

"The most valuable commodity I know of is information." -

"If you're not inside you're outside." -

"We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it." -Gordon Gekko "Wall Street"

QFT

"I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought." -

"The most valuable commodity I know of is information." -

"If you're not inside you're outside." -

"We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it." -Gordon Gekko "Wall Street"

QFT

you realize those are all quotes from a movie hellbent on demonizing wall street, right?

you realize those are all quotes from a movie hellbent on demonizing wall street, right?

And your point is: that illegal and shady tactics like I.I. and rumor mongering, to mention just a couple, weren't / aren't used (by the people who are actually in a position to use them) to create REAL wealth?

No, right. You were just saying the movie on a whole was anti-Wall Street...
gee we didn't know that. Thanks.

And your point is: that illegal and shady tactics like I.I. and rumor mongering, to mention just a couple, weren't / aren't used (by the people who are actually in a position to use them) to create REAL wealth?

No, right. You were just saying the movie on a whole was anti-Wall Street...
gee we didn't know that. Thanks.

you posted quotes in a regular trading thread from a movie about wall street corruption, and went on to wildly extrapolate my point. that wasn't relevant or even being discussed (other than the simple fact that shares were being traded, which is not even slightly related to your references)... and you're questioning "my" point?

i guess i'll simplify & chalk your quotes of the movie up to meaning "I've seen Wall Street"...

congratulations. super-excited for you.

to be clear, MJ's misses didn't detract from the score. trading isn't a game of "shoot more, play good D, you'll eventually make it", in trading you have to score when you shoot. terrible analogy.

I thought it was a pretty good analogy. Some people have strategies where most of their trades lose money, but the ones that work more than make up for all the bad ones.

I thought it was a pretty good analogy. Some people have strategies where most of their trades lose money, but the ones that work more than make up for all the bad ones.

i agree my label of 'terrible' was confusing for sure. i didn't do a good job of expressing that 49% success is awesome in basketball yet fatal in trading, i meant it was a bad analogy in that respect.

I dont know shit about trading but I watched your video Martin and I have a question.

Basically you analyze graph/s and based on its movement you predict when you should enter/exit and where it will go next.

The conclusions you make are based on some general rules of trading (if you see this -> that will be next), but other traders use the exact same rules you use.

Trading, in your case options and futures, is a zero-sum game.
If everyone has the same decision-making mechanism, where is your competitive edge?
The way I see it, its gambling unless someone has inside information.

What am I missing here?

Reactions: Ronnie55
I dont know shit about trading but I watched your video Martin and I have a question.

Basically you analyze graph/s and based on its movement you predict when you should enter/exit and where it will go next.

The conclusions you make are based on some general rules of trading (if you see this -> that will be next), but other traders use the exact same rules you use.

Trading, in your case options and futures, is a zero-sum game.
If everyone has the same decision-making mechanism, where is your competitive edge?
The way I see it, its gambling unless someone has inside information.

What am I missing here?

nothing. you hit it spot on.

It's hiding in his mole!

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Damn, give this guy a break ! He is trying to challenge himself which is already respectable enough.

Good luck to you !