It's YOUR Business.

For newbies, this is probably THE single most important topic they'll ever read. So many of them get into this bussines like a headless chicken on drugs, blowing money on PPC at very competive niches and crying about no conversions, 1/10 google quality scores, etc.. Instead of taking it slowly, analyzing and improving everything you do, and actually building knowledge and experience.

Couldn't agree more with what you said mike. +rep.

For newbies, this is probably THE single most important topic they'll ever read. So many of them get into this bussines like a headless chicken on drugs, blowing money on PPC at very competive niches and crying about no conversions, 1/10 google quality scores, etc.. Instead of taking it slowly, analyzing and improving everything you do, and actually building knowledge and experience.

Couldn't agree more with what you said mike. +rep.

I should have joined this network a long time ago. I wouldn't have wasted so much time.

I do have (1) question for anyone out here. I became interested in internet marketing so I learned the basics. This is my third month of IM. Anyway:

1. My first (first month) campaign (after reading as much from people like you guys as I could) produced (1) click and 10 impressions. I went back to the drawing board and:
2. My second campaign (second month) produced 1.5 million impressions and 100 clicks over a (3) day period.
3. My third month produced about (600) clicks and 2 million impressions.

Here's the catch...my affiliate agency only recorded 107 clicks for the third campaign (zero for the first two) that I made. I thought I was doing what was required to ensure all traffice was properly directed but I am effin certain that I'm not.

Can anyone...please point me in the proper direction.

I should have joined this network a long time ago. I wouldn't have wasted so much time.

I do have (1) question for anyone out here. I became interested in internet marketing so I learned the basics. This is my third month of IM. Anyway:

1. My first (first month) campaign (after reading as much from people like you guys as I could) produced (1) click and 10 impressions. I went back to the drawing board and:
2. My second campaign (second month) produced 1.5 million impressions and 100 clicks over a (3) day period.
3. My third month produced about (600) clicks and 2 million impressions.

Here's the catch...my affiliate agency only recorded 107 clicks for the third campaign (zero for the first two) that I made. I thought I was doing what was required to ensure all traffice was properly directed but I am effin certain that I'm not.

Can anyone...please point me in the proper direction.

Your talking about adwords right? Cause if you use adwords/yahoo/msn you can be quite sure that the amount of clicks they provide you is almost 100% correct. Often I get more clicks on my affiliate network stats than on the ppc engine.

Are you geo targetting your adwords traffic? Don't send worldwide traffic to a US only offer.

If you are sure you're targetting only the traffic which is allowed for the offer, do another check on your links, make sure you didn't mess anything up with subID's or other dynamic things.

If you're sure everything is correct on your site, contact your affiliate manager and tell him about it. He should be able to verify if the offer is tracking correctly.

Serious business thread deteriorating :xmas-smiley-010:

By far, this is the best sticky I have ever read. I really like how the author has segregated into pieces and make short note.

Mostly people see their website as one channel and nothing else. I have shouting last week to one of my friend 'Look your website as Business and nothing else'

Great post, Mike

By far, this is the best sticky I have ever read. I really like how the author has segregated into pieces and make short note.

Mostly people see their website as one channel and nothing else. I have shouting last week to one of my friend 'Look your website as Business and nothing else'

Great post, Mike

We have a monthly tradition here at WF that I think you'll become acquainted with in May.

I figure this is related to the fact that we are essentially running our own business, as such, I wonder how many of you (I would say us, but I am still in the learning phase) have your own budget and forecast spreadsheets?

I ask this as I have recently been developing one for my personal finances and have found that it has not only been eye opening to see where my money goes, but also handy for predicting how much money I will have x-months in the future.

I plan to expand this to envelop server, PPC, and other web marketing costs.

Any comments? Handy links to other sites or book recommendations?

Cheers,

Damn.

This is probably the best post I've ever read on any forum ever. I hope my time here helps me not only improve my IM skills and getting into e-marketing, but helps me improve my budgeting skills and work ethic in real life. I really need to shape up. I have so many computer technical skills I'm just wasting right now.

I am humbled.

Nice post, Mike. It covers an area that is easy to grasp after experience, but difficult to grasp beforehand.