Ignorant Americans

Foreigners that make fun of how they know more about America than Americans know about their non-American country fail to realize that they, as foreigners, are super-consumers of American culture.

Non-Americans consume American movies, music, culture, pop culture, food, language, often at levels on par with Americans.

If Jersey Shore and Hannah Montana were French, then the rest of the world would know a shit tonne about France.

Pretty sure the cultural exchange has gone both ways to be honest, certainly the musical and television influences.

It's far from been one-way.

England is a major country? You mean like in the Olympics? What if we don't follow the Olympics though - would you really expect us to be able to find it on a map still?

I presume this was a joke.

Foreigners that make fun of how they know more about America than Americans know about their non-American country fail to realize that they, as foreigners, are super-consumers of American culture.

Non-Americans consume American movies, music, culture, pop culture, food, language, often at levels on par with Americans.

If Jersey Shore and Hannah Montana were French, then the rest of the world would know a shit tonne about France.

My point has NOTHING to do with me knowing more about America than you know about the UK. I don't expect you to know virtually anything about the UK aside from music obviously, but if you don't know where it is on a map then you're incredibly ignorant.

Yes we Americans are pretty fucking stupid when it comes to geography and in many respects international affairs.

It takes a confident person to speak the truth.

Having said that, this doesn't stop our soldiers from dying on the field solving many Europeans' problems everyday...

So the next time there's conflict you Brits can bring your admittedly superior geography skills to the war field, mmmkay??!

PS
Only 17% of Americans even have passports - so the fact that basically 80+% of Americans ever leave North America is probably a factor here....

Yes we Americans are pretty fucking stupid when it comes to geography and in many respects international affairs.

It takes a confident person to speak the truth.

Having said that, this doesn't stop our soldiers from dying on the field solving many Europeans' problems everyday...

So the next time there's conflict you Brits can bring your admittedly superior geography skills to the war field, mmmkay??!

I'd also say our military was better trained :p

Don't be a dumbass. We bring the SAS who were handed many of the key operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. Delta Force take much inspiration from the SAS, as do most other trained units around the world.

Those RMA Sandhurst toffs can't hold a lick to our boys sporting the red, white and blue :p....

^^^
Broken record.

Riddar, get some new material mkay?

You enjoy discord don't you? Of all the things I wrote in that thread, I would have thought my response would have been one you at least partially agreed with.

Way to go showing some American unity amidst the Brits....

You enjoy discord don't you? Of all the things I wrote in that thread, I would have thought my response would have been one you at least partially agreed with.

Way to go showing some American unity amidst the Brits....

It's just that I've had my passport for as long as I can remember and I get sick of hearing about it from you.

It's just that I've had my passport for as long as I can remember and I get sick of hearing about it from you.

I would imagine most Americans would have passports if they lived in a cold, dreary, small island as well.

Luckily, people can experience many different types of environments within American without needing to go international.

With the normal 2 weeks of vacation a year, it is a great thing.

I would imagine most Americans would have passports if they lived in a cold, dreary, small island as well.

Luckily, people can experience many different types of environments within American without needing to go international.

Is this the norm in the States?

In the UK I was in a job with the Civil Service and I got 6 weeks plus 12 days bank holiday, all full pay. The norm in the CS is 5/6 weeks.

In the private sector its between 4/6 weeks + bank holidays.

I mean, shit, if working for the man only gets you two weeks leave that would seriously piss me off!

Is this the norm in the States?

In the UK I was in a job with the Civil Service and I got 6 weeks plus 12 days bank holiday, all full pay. The norm in the CS is 5/6 weeks.

In the private sector its between 4/6 weeks + bank holidays.

I mean, shit, if working for the man only gets you two weeks leave that would seriously piss me off!

Maybe that's why we slang shit on the Internet.

Haha true that. National holidays happen here too but they are shite :p There is a lot to see in America without the need to go abroad, but personally I still would.

And 2 weeks :eek: It's 4+ standard here.

you're all fag nationalists. who gives a fuck about any nation really. all they've done is enslave their population and continuously dumb them down through "entertainment" all of you, insulting each others nations. should grow the fuck up and, open your third eye.

WilliamShatner.jpg