How Hydra Affiliate Network Screwed Me Out Of $25,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

that sucks man. 25 g's may not be enough to go to court. threatening legal action may help you to get some of your money back. i'm working with marketleverage, azoogle and tatto media. never had any problems there. as with any business you have to really trust the people you're working with.

To the OP, I hope you file a lawsuit with them. I think it's worth it. It's times like these I wish I were a lawyer so I could help you out.

I also hope a trusted network decides to take Jon's post seriously and re-evaluate their TOS. Spend some more on legal advice and less on affiliate managers if you need to, because obviously it's an important issue.

Credit Card Companies already have lawyers on the payroll

So can you. If you're making a substantial income in your Internet ventures, there are plenty of good sole practitioner lawyers out there that are very flexible.

These days I only deal with sole practitioners and boutique law firms.

Keep in mind that when credit card companies file a lawsuit, they are mainly banking on the defendant to default. So there aren't much expenses except for filing fees and the cost of drafting the complaint.

So can you. If you're making a substantial income in your Internet ventures, there are plenty of good sole practitioner lawyers out there that are very flexible.

These days I only deal with sole practitioners and boutique law firms.

Keep in mind that when credit card companies file a lawsuit, they are mainly banking on the defendant to default. So there aren't much expenses except for filing fees and the cost of drafting the complaint.

Plus they employ lawyers

If as affiliates you have to deal with all of the hassles that go with going direct with merchants, why use a network?

Some merchants don't allow going direct because they have exclusive relationships and the only way to get the offer is go through a network. In other cases, its because networks will offer weeklies where as you have to wait up to net60 and net90 in some cases when dealing with direct. There are pro and cons to both sides of the argument and I agree that good networks will take the hit and keep affiliates informed but you also got to understand that at the end of the day, the network who do front will take the hit and they're just as big of a victim as the affiliate because both are at the mercy of the advertiser. I do agree that it sucks either way and the network can better handle the situation.

Stay away from quality health. I've done a ton of traffic with them in the past. They first tell you they love your traffic. A few months in they'll cut your ass off and claim your traffic sucks. Luckily, my networks still paid me. Quality Health is a shit company.

I guess they are thinking heaps of shit like this happens all the time and blows over after a week or two.

Unless something big happens it will just blow over, like always.

That or there too busy at AdTech.

And they just lost all three of their directors, their COO and their VP. Add that to the fact they don't seem to care too much because they rarely reply to any threads on here anyways.

I guess they are being professional and keeping from replying at the forums. This is only going to put more fuel to already burning flame.

I guess they are being professional and keeping from replying at the forums. This is only going to put more fuel to already burning flame.

Wrong. Look at how much Mike from Copeac and Smax from A4D will address threads on here and - rightfully so - have always maintained the integrity of their networks.

And don't even say I'm sucking up because though I'm signed up with both of those networks, I've yet to run anything with either of them yet.

Hey Jon,

While I always respect your opinions and for the most part agree with all you say, I have to disagree with you here. As a network, I have to rebut this because you are painting ALL networks with the same brush and I think that's pretty unfair.

You have no clue how much I've eaten over the years because of merchants who've decided not to pay their bills. And I know of several other networks that are in the exact same boat as me (Copeac for one).

I've never spoken to you directly Steve, but don't try to put yourself in the same boat as Copeac. I was personally screwed out of $1,200 by your network. I never took it public because I figured the amount was not worth it. I was removed from your network afterwards because apparently the quality on the $1200 was so low you believed it to be fraudulent. I had an account with MaxBounty for several years at the time (never ran volume beforehand) and your network just booted me because the advertiser didn't like my traffic. I've been in the industry for 5 years, work with all the major aff networks, and do over 500k in a good month, so it wasn't me, it was your network. Oh, and when I repeatedly emailed your compliance department, my AM, and the higher-ups whose contact information I could find, I got 0 answers. (I definitely still have all those emails to prove it too.)

So... you're no Copeac.

Says the Hydra shill.
Maybe, but the advice is sound. It takes time and energy to chase $25k. Even if you recover your money, you won't recover the lost opportunities.

Basically, do you think you can earn more than $25k in the time it would take to chase this $25k?

If yes, then chasing this dead money is a bad business move.

Status
Not open for further replies.