Has Wickedfire become a ghost town?

SEO isn't dead but it sure isn't what it was 4 or 6 years ago.

As the internet matures, SEO as it was, becomes a lot less important. In the old days, we didn't even have Wordpress, let alone SEO plugins for it. Today SEO is more competitive, but easy mode to participate in.

tumblr_mdft1ssgpj1rkox02o1_500.gif

People say this about every forum on every forum.. maybe all forums are dying but i'm pretty sure it's because everything always seems better in the "old" days.

Google Trends

DP = is destroyed and literally DYING a slow death. full of pakis, indians, noobs. owner got caught eBay cookie stuffing all his traffic and got raped hard legally.
BHW = is ballin' out of control. has a TON of traffic. DiamondDave is definitely clockin' 1mil+ from it easily. eh bunch of no0bs over there tho. some good content but you have to sift through a ton of crap until you find it.
WaFo = shit quality. full of idiots who sell ebooks and guru level type BS.
WF = awesome as fuck. slightly down in usage but high in quality. Jon is probably making decent pocket change from BST. A bunch of smart people here.

INkRBis.png

I fint it interesting that the market solution to Google's anti-spam updates is to increase participitation on black hat forums and decrease participitation on webmaster/wafo forums.

What does that really mean though? Maybe all those holier than thou types on WaFo and DP were only really bottom feeders of the actual spamming ballers.

Or maybe it means the average joe is getting out of the affiliate business as witnessed by the sharp decline in WaFo and DP traffic.

So now the newcomer to the biz may just be a different kind of cynical bastard?

I fint it interesting that the market solution to Google's anti-spam updates is to increase participitation on black hat forums and decrease participitation on webmaster/wafo forums.

What does that really mean though? Maybe all those holier than thou types on WaFo and DP were only really bottom feeders of the actual spamming ballers.

Or maybe it means the average joe is getting out of the affiliate business as witnessed by the sharp decline in WaFo and DP traffic.

So now the newcomer to the biz may just be a different kind of cynical bastard?

BHW - I don't really go there, so I don't know/don't care.

DP is simply spam central these days. If you see more than one well-written, English response in a thread, it's like seeing a unicorn.

WaFo has been, and continues to be, pure and utter trash. It doesn't even take newbies very long to see warrior forum for what it is - a holier-than-thou WSO scam factory. Now, since there are real people out there running blogs that give out real information, there's very little reason for people to endure the bullshit-fest that is WaFo. People are wising up a hell of a lot faster than they used to. Basically the only people there are the pool of newbies that get dragged in and churned out, and the overwhelming amount of people buying and selling each others WSOs in the WaFo circle-jerk.

Wickedfire seems to have the highest quality-to-poster ratio, meaning: that the posters here, who generally just troll each other and talk about conspiracy theories/how much they hate authority all day, occasionally drop some really solid stuff. Most of the people who visit here don't seem to be mentally challenged, unlike most other forums.

The other thing I notice about WF is that, of all the forums I visit regularly (business/seo related or not) it appears to have the lowest lurker-to-poster ratio. Which makes sense, if you think about it. If WF tends to attract smarter people, they realize that if they post something, chances are high they'll get steamrolled for a while during the WF hazing process.

The glory years were 2006 to 2011. i really miss 2009 wickedfire. Its still ok but alot of good guys left and I hope it can become as good as it was before.

The game got harder for the average person. People are more interested in growing their cult and stabbing the forum in the back.

Just taking one example from the BST: If you have watched it carefully, you have seen newbies (sellers) getting shit on by established members recently (which is very unfortunate because fresh blood is crucial for this place)

But in short, it seems that the overall quality of people in life has declined too. As a result, everything has deteriorated (obviously)

Now it seems there are only 4-5 new posts a day. What is this madness???
The real marketers don't like to post on a board that is full of little kids running around calling themselves gay while others have nothing better to do than post girly pictures. Pretty hard to post anything worth while with that shit being the main theme of the little ones doing most of the posting. If the mods could keep their little kids quiet then the adults may have some interesting discussions and this forum could flourish.

On the other hand, I think that childish shit is also keeping the google spies down to a minimum so that is a good thing.

ALSO: When the first thing you see as a new visitor is a Saturday morning cartoon banner with Casper The Friendly Ghost offering to sell you something, really... I mean really? enough said...

This has been said many times before, but needs repeating.

The real value of WF is the relationships. The conversations and idea sharing that happens behind the scenes are far from nonexistent. Learn how to use WF properly and you wont have to worry about the lack of posts on STS

It isn't wickedfires job to provide you with endless fresh content. Give back, post some solid shot.

I for one am glad these 10 new retarded threads per day about racism and penii are gone.

I look at the other forums and all I see are foreigners looking to make 3.99 with 30 day old forum accts that they bought from x.

Wf for life...I pray it stays like this and not like some "high traffic" forums that r just a bunch of lolz.