Fu%k Fourth Of July Weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversions percentages are maybe 5-15% off normal, but traffic is down 50-70% from Tuesday.

Judging by the vacancies in the office, I think most people are dovetailing the three day weekend with vacation... not spending idle working hours perusing and buying on the net like usual.

If you got the right target, you can make tons of money on a day like the 4th of July. ;) I run several local community websites. Think city guides with event calendars. July 3rd and 4th are some of my busiest days with people looking up event information (think parade, fireworks, etc.). Traffic usually explodes to a couple of thousands visitors and Adsense income goes into triple digits. Plus I usually receive inquiries from local small businesses shortly after because they found the site when looking up event information and then buy direct advertising.

Yeah I was sitting on a 100% ROI and today I'm at 15% Also my clicks are down by 1/3 of what they normally are. This is crazyness, yet cool at the same time.

Wednesday was +100% (and my best profit day ever), yesterday was -50% on about the same amount of traffic and today was about +300% on a small percentage of the traffic since I forgot to pause the campaign. Not the kind of offer that normally converts on holidays so I wasn't about to risk it all day.

yes same here, i guess where gonna have to wait till monday to see if it comes back to normal.

Conversions are about the same for me but the volume/impressions and CTR are all at about 30% of what they should be.

just from my own experience that the days following holidays or holiday weekends are usually better than usual.

Until now the holiday weekends was my best days, I remember that the presidents day, and the thanks giving (I think that's how it called) had really nice spikes. The week days after, were above the average too.

But anyway, I'm not concerned, cause my ROI is still the same, just the traffic is low.

Just frustrating.... But tomorrow it's a new day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.