FBI Seizes Deep Web Black Market Silk Road, Arrest Owner

sorry to break it to ya bro, but this whole board has more than likely already been flagged

Flagged? They probably relocated the sever into their main office :D

What an amateur.

Mistakes he did are so...

Come on, it was around for a really long time in illicit site time. I doubt any of us here could have done much better. Some of the people on this board get low level heat like the FTC or whatever, but I doubt there have even been congressional style discussions about any one here.

sorry to break it to ya bro, but this whole board has more than likely already been flagged

Flagged for what? Misseling biz opps and acai? Don't you think the NSA has bigger fish to fry?

I'm 100% against this surveilance stuff, but let's be honest most people worried about being "flagged" and "surveyed" are just feeding their own ego thinking they are important when they are not at all.

J4Wn8L7.gif

...let's be honest most people worried about being "flagged" and "surveyed" are just feeding their own ego thinking they are important when they are not at all.

What makes you think you need to be important to be flagged? Storage space is extremely cheap, I'm pretty sure everyone's got a nice fat file by now.

Has any hard evidence of the alleged planned hit been presented? Or is it just hearsay and copied/pasted PMs at this point?

Something is off with the whole exchange between "FriendyChemist," "DPR" and "redandwhite."

FriendyChemist attempts to extort DPR with exposing a list of real names and addresses of vendors on Silk Road. He tells DPR he owes money to his narcotics suppliers (redandwhite) and will release the list of names if he isn't paid 500k.

DPR plays ball because FriendyChemist shows a sample list of names and addresses. DPR asks FriendyChemist to have his suppliers contact him.

redandwhite, the narcotics supplier, contacts DPR. DPR negotiates a deal to murder FriendyChemist and pay him 150k, instead of 500k.

redandwhite agrees and DPR sends him 150k in bitcoins. 24 hours later redandwhite messages DPR letting him know "Your problem has been taken care of..." then sends him a pic of the dead FriendyChemist.

Sounds like some dumb Nigerian monkey scam...That shit can't be real.

Flagged for what? Misseling biz opps and acai? Don't you think the NSA has bigger fish to fry?

I'm 100% against this surveilance stuff, but let's be honest most people worried about being "flagged" and "surveyed" are just feeding their own ego thinking they are important when they are not at all.

They crunch and store everything. Companies like Verizon cooperated with them illegally, then congress gives them "retroactive immunity."

Most Americans Commit Three Felonies a Day

Since they are often victimless crimes, they go unreported and no charges are filed.

I have no doubt they'll eventually use such information against political opponents or "dissidents." I'd encourage you to look at the big picture here.

The US has 5% of the world's population, and 25% of the world's prisoners. Sound like freedom?

DPR sent a message to "redandwhite" stating that "FriendlyChemist"
is "Causing me problems" and adding: "I would like to put a bounty on
his head if it's not too much trouble for you. What would be an
adequate amount to motivate you to find him?"

Later that same day, redandwhite sent DPR a message quoting him a
price of $150,000 or $300,000 "depending on how you want it done" -
"clean" or "non-clean"

DPR responded: "Don't want to be a pain here, but the price seems high.
Not long ago, I had a clean hit done for $80k. Are the prices you
quoted the best you can do? I would like this done ASAP as he is
talking about releasing the info on Monday.

DPR and redandwhite agreed upon a price of 1,670 Bitcoins - approximately
$150k - for the job. In DPR's message confirming the deal, DPR included
a transacation record reflecting the transfer of 1,670 Bitcoins to a
certain Bitcoin address.

yea...

Something is off with the whole exchange between "FriendyChemist," "DPR" and "redandwhite."

He may have done it. He may not. It's impossible to tell without hard evidence (voice recordings, financial transactions, etc.). I'm inclined to think Justice is making it up to tarnish the record of an individual many folks consider a hero.

Roberts has been a vocal critic of government. His network loves him for it.

He sells or facilitates the sale of illegal narcotics. And they love him for it.

He (allegedly) lives a life without the trappings of wealth. And they love him for it.

But ordering a hit? "Whoa! That's not cool. I can support the sale of drugs, but not assassinations. Shame on Roberts!"

It's like Julian Assange. He works in the shadows fomenting criticism against the government. Folks love him for it.

Assange releases classified documents embarrassing the government. And folks love him for it.

But raping women? "Whoa! That's not cool. I can support releasing classified docs that show the nastiness and brutishness of our government. But I can't get behind rape. Shame on Assange!"

No hard evidence required.

FriendyChemist attempts to extort DPR with exposing a list of real names and addresses of vendors on Silk Road. He tells DPR he owes money to his narcotics suppliers (redandwhite) and will release the list of names if he isn't paid 500k.

DPR plays ball because FriendyChemist shows a sample list of names and addresses. DPR asks FriendyChemist to have his suppliers contact him.

redandwhite, the narcotics supplier, contacts DPR. DPR negotiates a deal to murder FriendyChemist and pay him 150k, instead of 500k.

redandwhite agrees and DPR sends him 150k in bitcoins. 24 hours later redandwhite messages DPR letting him know "Your problem has been taken care of..." then sends him a pic of the dead FriendyChemist.

Who has the best hackers in the world?
Who would love to take down the silk road?
Who has a long history of entrapment?
Who would have to means to pull something like this off?

I would have at least moved somewhere outside the United States. Preferably somewhere that doesn't extradite, but anywhere else would have been a good start.

He may have done it. He may not. It's impossible to tell without hard evidence (voice recordings, financial transactions, etc.). I'm inclined to think Justice is making it up to tarnish the record of an individual many folks consider a hero.

Roberts has been a vocal critic of government. His network loves him for it.

He sells or facilitates the sale of illegal narcotics. And they love him for it.

He (allegedly) lives a life without the trappings of wealth. And they love him for it.

But ordering a hit? "Whoa! That's not cool. I can support the sale of drugs, but not assassinations. Shame on Roberts!"

It's like Julian Assange. He works in the shadows fomenting criticism against the government. Folks love him for it.

Assange releases classified documents embarrassing the government. And folks love him for it.

But raping women? "Whoa! That's not cool. I can support releasing classified docs that show the nastiness and brutishness of our government. But I can't get behind rape. Shame on Assange!"

No hard evidence required.

I'm sure their love will not last. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would fare well doing hard time. I bet right about now the Feds have every single name and address of every vendor / person that he associated with.

If you were pedaling anything on there I would find a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the U.S., get on a plane and make a new home there :drinkup:

inb4 dread pirate roberts charged w/ facilitating child "pr0n" and or trafficking.