EPN is going to fuck us! QCP Preview Available

im running one site with EPN that has some text links across the top that get the bulk of my clicks.. and the bulk of the earnings.. im wondering if i cut the other campaigns im running (quite a few) and just leave my best performers should I see in an increase in EPC?

previously it would really matter on the old system.. cause some of these low performers would every now and then crank out a nice $100 or so commission for me but now im wondering if leaving them running is going to hurt me more in the long run.. any ideas??? Egay's site is no help they just say optimize your site to make customers buy and geo targets blah blah blah blah they have taken out any shred of transparency ... so im hoping we can get this thread to help at least lay a few solid do's and don'ts of the new system..

Yesterday I had a strange spike in clicks showing. From about 200 the previous day to 575.
I had a click and earnings spike yesterday, but this month has been so depressing after Sept. was my best month to date. My QPC preview results are nothing like QPC live.

i went from about $500/month with EPN to most recently $150....disgusting.
Similar experience here. I was going to double down with Ebay, but after 20 days, I feel pretty safe saying that QPC isn't a fit for my model. I'm simply not paid for what I earn, and there seems to be no interest on Ebay's part to compensate me for my traffic.

Going to Amazon.

Anyone done any leg work on writing code to geotarget?

Check out this. Details for geo-targeting are in there. Although I can't remember if you're using phpbay or not. I wish I would have set it up on all my sites a long time ago.

And yeah yesterday was also huge for me on clicks. Weird thing is, my biggest campaign (which I know for a fact is some of the best traffic) is down to like 11 cents EPC or something, while random campaigns I forgot about that don't do shit and only get like 10 clicks a day are at like 25 cents EPC now.

And yeah yesterday was also huge for me on clicks. Weird thing is, my biggest campaign (which I know for a fact is some of the best traffic) is down to like 11 cents EPC or something, while random campaigns I forgot about that don't do shit and only get like 10 clicks a day are at like 25 cents EPC now.

Well it depends on the amount of clicks your getting. The lower the clicks the higher the epc. Kinda like the larger the sample size the more things float to the median. so if you get 10 clicks and 1 of those turned into a sale it looks like a pretty bad ass epc but it's still only a few dollars but if you get 1000 clicks you may have had 101 sales which would turn out to be a higher quality than the 1 to 10 ratio,but they're not going to pay you the same epc, it would just average out to whatever the higher quality is divided by 1000 clicks.

this is merely a repost from a A2P thread. however, phpbay users may have missed it and this is important stuff IMO.

.htaccess said:
# Block bad bots

SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^SurveyBot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Vse" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Megite" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^legs" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Fish search" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^motor" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^W3C jigsaw CSS Validator" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Xenu Link Sleuth" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^HTTrack off-line browser" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^DoCoMo" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^EmailWolf" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^ExtractorPro" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^CherryPicker" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^NICErsPRO" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Teleport" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^EmailCollector" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^BaiDuSpider" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Gaisbot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Nutch" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Yandex bot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Custo" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^HTMLparser" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^larbin" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^MJ12bot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^MagpieRSS" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^CFNetwork" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Cursor" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Spiderman" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^BSpider" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^TencentTraveler" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Yandex bot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Voila" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Speedy Spider" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Exabot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^yacy" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Web Core / Roots" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^lwp-trivial" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^MojeekBot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^UniversalFeedParser" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Python-urllib" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Netcraft" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Jakarta commons-httpclient" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^DoCoMo" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Mojeekbot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Sphere Scout" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Powermarks" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^lwp-trivial" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^CFNetwork" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Voyager" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^BBot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^bright.net caching robot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Speedy Spider" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^bright.net caching robot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Sunrise" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^SeznamBot" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Snappy" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Vagabondo" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^StackRambler" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Spinn3r" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Cuil" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Radian6" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^urlfan" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^VSE" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Y!J Yahoo Japan" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^Yahoo! Slurp China" bad_bot
SetEnvIfNoCase User-Agent "^HTTrack off-line browser" bad_bot

<Limit GET POST>
Order Allow,Deny
deny from 212.100.254.105
Allow from all
Deny from env=bad_bot
</Limit>

# End of file

FYI my EPC is climbing since blocking chinese traffic and bad bots. I doubt it is coincidence.

Reactions: guerilla

Yeah I'm noticing that too. I have an old Build a Niche Store Airsoft Guns & Supplies site from 3 years ago that I don't even look at anymore. It's got a 20 cent EPC right now making 10 bucks a day.

Well it depends on the amount of clicks your getting. The lower the clicks the higher the epc. Kinda like the larger the sample size the more things float to the median. so if you get 10 clicks and 1 of those turned into a sale it looks like a pretty bad ass epc but it's still only a few dollars but if you get 1000 clicks you may have had 101 sales which would turn out to be a higher quality than the 1 to 10 ratio,but they're not going to pay you the same epc, it would just average out to whatever the higher quality is divided by 1000 clicks.

Makes sense, but look at the loser campaigns from yesterday I screenshotted below. Some of those get like only 1 or 2 clicks a day (due to slappage and what not). The EPCs are all so similar. Maybe under a certain click volume they just bunch campaigns together to calculate EPC?

Would be nice to get my money campaigs up to $0.25 EPC or so.

e69ct3.jpg

Yesterday I had a strange spike in clicks showing. From about 200 the previous day to 575. My total earnings for the day were $205..and $202 were from just one site. The most I'd made in a day this month was about $50.

Checking that one sites stats, I didn't have a huge increase in traffic yesterday, so I'm not sure why the clicks increased so much. My epc is at $0.21 now. I wish I could figure out some sort of pattern so I could try to duplicate it. I'm not bitching...I'll take a consistent $200+ a day from EPN.
j

What sort of traffic do you see for the site that made you $200? And how's your click thru? Just curious I guess, and if you don't mind spilling some info. :338: On good days I see about a 10% pageview/click ratio.

Have Epn related question.
What if someone clicked on link in ebay aucion description to view images on 3rd party website and then clicked on ebay aff link on that website to go back to ebay.
How ebay will react to that?

Have Epn related question.
What if someone clicked on link in ebay aucion description to view images on 3rd party website and then clicked on ebay aff link on that website to go back to ebay.
How ebay will react to that?

If you are a big company that has built a relationship with eBay (read AUCTIVA) you will have no problems. If you are a small affiliate you will lose your account and all pending revenue.

The first week or so my earnings were up. Now I have gone several days with 0.00 per click earnings. Many clicks, no money. It looks like search bots hit the links and since then nothing.

Praise jeebus, lord of teh internet botz!

Yesterday one of my a2p sites that went up 5 days ago in a very teeny tiny niche that I threw up just to build back links to a more "authentic" (for lack of a better word) a2p site got bent over and its links pounded all day long. I figured when I checked my stats for today I would see a big fat zero for earnings for that campaign. Instead, 84 clicks, all paid at about the same epc as the rest of my campaigns!! Got 44 more today to the same site, I'm not even going to try and block the bots if they are going to keep paying out.

They changed the algo a couple days ago. Today, I finally got over 0.20 EPC. Still down 45% vs. last month though.

I recommend everyone update their htaccess to block chinese surfers (look up thread for details).

I've no begun averaging above 20 clicks/day, and my EPC has been between .62 and .78 the last three days. They've been awesome days. Hahaha

Be prepared for your EPC to go down if you end up getting below 20 clicks.

Same thing happened to me, first and second day QCP went live, my clicks were high, and my EPC was .70-.80. Then my traffic dwindled down and got placed in the "pool."

They changed the algo a couple days ago. Today, I finally got over 0.20 EPC. Still down 45% vs. last month though.

I recommend everyone update their htaccess to block chinese surfers (look up thread for details).

You think they changed an algo? My earnings since 3 days ago SKYROCKETED. I am talking like... 3 times what they have been for the past year...