EPN is going to fuck us! QCP Preview Available

You think they changed an algo? My earnings since 3 days ago SKYROCKETED. I am talking like... 3 times what they have been for the past year...

Hmmm... me too, earnings went up this after a laughable October so far.

I stopped working on my ebay sites as soon as qcp thing came out.

STILL don't make as much as the CJ days and that was what, two years ago?

Hmmm... me too, earnings went up this after a laughable October so far.

I stopped working on my ebay sites as soon as qcp thing came out.

STILL don't make as much as the CJ days and that was what, two years ago?

My EPC today (for yesterday) is even higher... so this is definitely odd. As a side note... I DO have geo-targetting... but I do not have the above bots blocked yet.

So in September during the preview, I made around 5% less with QPC.

In October, I made 37% less. And that is not including ACRUs which are included in my September pre-QPC total but not in my estimated October non-QPC figures. So it could be as much as 40% less.

That's a pretty big haircut to take. Nice kickback for the ebay stooges who cooked this up. They can show increased savings to the bosses, and it probably won't catch up to them until next year, when they have been promoted and bonus'd up.

So in September during the preview, I made around 5% less with QPC.

In October, I made 37% less. And that is not including ACRUs which are included in my September pre-QPC total but not in my estimated October non-QPC figures. So it could be as much as 40% less.

That's a pretty big haircut to take. Nice kickback for the ebay stooges who cooked this up. They can show increased savings to the bosses, and it probably won't catch up to them until next year, when they have been promoted and bonus'd up.

I was down 90% in that first preview of like 2 week. Down 60% or so in Sept.... But Oct was the best month I have ever had with EPN...

epc down again since the beginning of november ( less than half the epc of the last days of october ), when I added EPN on another site of mine ( yes, I added bot restrictions )

is it down just for me?

For a relative n00b to all of this - can somewhat explain to me what currently passes as an acceptable EPC by ebay's standards after this QCP model has started up?

I haven't seen any exact answers anywhere. I even went so far as to read DP forums trying to find an answer (I still feel unclean...)

since a couple of days my epc is down from 0.14 to 0.00 ....... cant c any reason. Same traffic, same no. of clicks, etc.

epc down again since the beginning of november ( less than half the epc of the last days of october ), when I added EPN on another site of mine ( yes, I added bot restrictions )

is it down just for me?
My EPC has fallen every day of Nov. It started high and is on a collision course with zero.

For a relative n00b to all of this - can somewhat explain to me what currently passes as an acceptable EPC by ebay's standards after this QCP model has started up?

I haven't seen any exact answers anywhere. I even went so far as to read DP forums trying to find an answer (I still feel unclean...)
There are no exact answers. If you earn $0.03, that is supposed to be acceptable, but no serious webmaster sells his inventory for that low of an EPC. If I am not earning at least $0.20, then I move on.

since a couple of days my epc is down from 0.14 to 0.00 ....... cant c any reason. Same traffic, same no. of clicks, etc.
Check your click data. Are you only generating bids, or are you generating sales and ACRUs?

Me too. And 64.184.179.74 Just raped the christ out of one of my sites. 351 Clicks today, 1351 Apache Log entries. I think it's some kind of scraper bot recursively crawling my page. There has to be a away to block this somehow. I'm thinking of adding a cookie and captcha for more than 20 page views/person to prevent this shit.

Josh

Or, how about a small php script that asks, "Are you human?" before sending you to the EPN link.

it would kill your ctr AND conversions

if it helps you can deny IPs adding a line like

deny from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

to your htaccess file, but this won't prevent new crawlers, only known ones

I don't know if it would kill CTR and conversions. Have you tried it?

no

I think the average user shopping for a purse would be suspect if asked if she's human and would probably leave the website...just my thought, I haven't tried it

what is the user agent? if it is something with an obvious footprint, you can block similar bots by blocking by user agent in .htaccess.

EPC is plummeting here too for November. October was the best month yet (.20-30 EPC) even under QCP (around 80% increase). November I'm ballin' with 0.00-0.03 clicks now.

All traffic has remained the same, bot filters in place, geotargetting to every possible country.

Off to search egay for some anal lube.

This bot fucked up the EPC on all my campaigns. I thought the whole freaking point of breaking everything down by campaign is that you wont get your EPC calculated as one big collection of your traffic, but by campaign? I'm now balling with .01 clicks btw.

Surprisingly I'm up a bit from last month..hovering around a .20 epc. I can't figure out my click volume though. It's like the Rocky Mountains...800 clicks one day, then down to 200 the next. The daily earnings follow the click volume almost exactly. When i have 800 click days, I make a couple hundred bucks. On the low click days I make 9 bucks. I can't find any trends or maybe I don't have the skills to analyze the data properly to figure out what I need to do, other than find a way to keep getting 800 click days.