DirectTrack Down - Again

Was longer than 48 hours...

Just came back up for me - with stats missing and data from 16th-25th missing.

Looks like its back up and running for one of the companies I use. Its a small in house program though not a network. What does suck is that when I looked at my statistics it seems to have rolled back to 2/12/12 so the last two weeks are missing along with thousands of dollars in commissions. I only hope they have a fix for that.

Looks like its back up and running for one of the companies I use. Its a small in house program though not a network. What does suck is that when I looked at my statistics it seems to have rolled back to 2/12/12 so the last two weeks are missing along with thousands of dollars in commissions. I only hope they have a fix for that.

Same here, its rolled back to a week or two ago with all the data and commissions in between missing.

ouch!! That much data loss is hugh.

Well anyone who does good volume with networks will get credits I'm sure.

Or hopefully you are on weeklys.

Down again with all links broken for both companies I work with that use it.

Unbelievably lame platform.

They claim to have fixed most issues but it's not true.
I can access to my panels but tracking links don't work, creatives links don't work....
We must not forget that DT (if you like or not) is one of the pillars of affiliate industry, this event should be the trigger of something huge, such as a class action.

Fuck blaming it on hardware failure, from someone that used to work in server support it sounds to me as plain and simple someone's not doing their job properly. Disaster recovery site should have been up and running within a couple of hours and/or backups should have been full and completely restored as soon as the original site's hardware is back up.

Not having that in place just screams of a wholly unprofessional business.

Last edited:
Just told by a in house program I run with that they are up and running again at 100% so all links work again and to resume traffic. DirectTrack is still in the process of recovering the lost data though.

Network said they will make good on the downtime though. I told him to consider moving to Cake instead but he just keeps saying they are going a consider staying with DT or not. Its a in house program with only one offer, DT must have a great sales team.

You guys cannot be serious.

One time our billing system went down for 4 hours and my senior partner was ready to drive over to my house to kill me in front of my children.

In this day and age, how the fuck can you be down for 72 hours?

Yeah my shit is still down. Needless to say, I moved to a network with the same offer and actually got a little better payout and who does not use DT.

DT must have a great sales team.

I think its inertia - the status quo doesnt change even if it really sucks.

I used to have a client who spent more than 1 million/year in PPC - but refused to use Google analytics, preferring a seriously crappy tracking software package that was so flawed...they just wouldnt change, even though it would save them money and make marketing more effective.

Just talked with the program manager for the DT I was running. They have recovered the data that was missing from the 12th to the 23rd. So in the end no data was lost. Now we only have issue with the down time its self. Talk to your network about making good on that.