CPALead - Mass Account Termination.

I think a bunch of this is tied to "Black Hat Codebreaker" - this was a service where people sold you a WP plugin that tied into CPALead (and others). Your WP site would then download a Chinese server's data and post it as posts, all of which were movies. To get access you had to fill out a CPL offer.

In short, they were incentivizing CPL offers against the CPALead TOS - they specifically banned this type of movie site a few weeks ago.

I read about that a while ago and I'm pretty sure the people selling the plugin were the same people who had the movie database in China - in which case they are pretty damn bold. The database was legit - full movies - and the trademark/copyright violations alone were in the thousands. They always knew what was going to be added to the database and when which indicates control of it.

CPALead probably had to terminate any account in question once they got a note from Hollywood lawyers, etc. I sure as fuck would, stat.

I think a bunch of this is tied to "Black Hat Codebreaker" - this was a service where people sold you a WP plugin that tied into CPALead (and others). Your WP site would then download a Chinese server's data and post it as posts, all of which were movies. To get access you had to fill out a CPL offer.

In short, they were incentivizing CPL offers against the CPALead TOS - they specifically banned this type of movie site a few weeks ago.

I read about that a while ago and I'm pretty sure the people selling the plugin were the same people who had the movie database in China - in which case they are pretty damn bold. The database was legit - full movies - and the trademark/copyright violations alone were in the thousands. They always knew what was going to be added to the database and when which indicates control of it.

CPALead probably had to terminate any account in question once they got a note from Hollywood lawyers, etc. I sure as fuck would, stat.

Umm.. You might be talking about something completely different, but as far as I know Black Hat Codebreaker is just a gateway script, in no way connected to CPA Lead. It's used to create a similar style gateway to the one that CPA Lead uses but allowing you to promote any offer from any network.

Not sure about any Chinese movie databases..

funny little email exchange i had while completely drunkered, after i got the termination notice:

me: Sucks to be you! Enjoy prison, bro.
robert@cpalead.com: What do you mean?
robert@cpalead.com: William, Why would I be going to prison? If you are upset we terminated your account, you can simply reapply for a new one and run again. This was a necessary security measure that we had to put in place. If you need any help please let me know. Sorry for the inconvenience. Regards, Robert R.
me: U scared? I hear you guys might be in some trouble, no?
robert@cpalead.com: What trouble do you speak of? We are doing a big audit on our publishers to ensure quality. Other than that, everythings fine.

there is really no merit to what I said, I just felt like fucking with someone at the time.

p.p.s. everythings fine

0OOdV85ghjfi6t34rVp0zy8ao1_500.jpg

I LOL'd.

Lots of CPALead guys have moved over to Adscend Media. I think it used to be that they were the only ones in the niche, so they gave really low payouts and had a weak offer selection, so when people make the switch their earnings go way up.

I've yet to see the BLAM gateway but would like to ;)

Lots of CPALead guys have moved over to Adscend Media. I think it used to be that they were the only ones in the niche, so they gave really low payouts and had a weak offer selection, so when people make the switch their earnings go way up.

jesus christ.

promote again and get banned.

guess the next axe is coming on all those facebook spammers. massive spam out there right now. how long facebook will accept this shit?

Don't ban him! If you look at there alexa rank, they are doing awesome and by the way, alexa rank = success of a company.

I won't sidetrack this guy's thread but I've 'known' you for several years, from the time you were doing incentive sites, to when you opened your own incentive site, TheFreebieLife, which you eventually closed down without paying your members. Then shortly thereafter you were a publisher of ours and were banned for fraud. You now own a network that has a bad rep and less than 1/20th of our volume (I read your blog where you posted your monthly revenue.) On your old blog you claimed to have hired 12 people for your network which is clearly not true. So you really have nothing to say about me that matters.

I won't sidetrack this guy's thread but I've 'known' you for several years, from the time you were doing incentive sites, to when you opened your own incentive site, TheFreebieLife, which you eventually closed down without paying your members. Then shortly thereafter you were a publisher of ours and were banned for fraud. You now own a network that has a bad rep and less than 1/20th of our volume (I read your blog where you posted your monthly revenue.) On your old blog you claimed to have hired 12 people for your network which is clearly not true. So you really have nothing to say about me that matters.

Wrong on numerous accounts. Firstly, i don't even know who you are lol. Anyways, the incentive network(s) were SOLD many years ago - if the owner didn't pay, i can't really address that. You didn't pay us the $84.00 for "test leads" which is clearly fine. I've addressed "bad rep" issues in previous posts, which i have no problem with addressing publicly. We'll keep our pubs that delivery quality leads all the time and get rid of the rest, it's that simple. If they post shit about us, then they post shit. We haven't lost a single high volume, trusted publisher nor advertiser/merchant/buyer, and that is what counts in the long run - not if some publishers post crap about us on forums. If that's how you determine "rep" - good luck. A quick google search turned up equal amount of "bad rep" for your network. And what the hell lol - we have 20 people working in two offices, one in Florida and one in Southampton, PA, so i really don't know where you pulled that one out of, but again doesn't really bother me. Lastly, I highly doubt you are doing 20x more, but I don't really care since you are only pulling numbers from one section of our company. Not to mention you would be the largest network out there. Our networks are polar opposites bro. Not to mention we haven't spent a CENT on advertising. All word of mouth. I don't really have time to bicker back and forth on the forums who's network has a bigger penis, as i could care less ;)

Cheers

i actually thought the crock was kinda funny

Me too. Here it is again in case you missed it:

0OOdV85ghjfi6t34rVp0zy8ao1_500.jpg

Oh and as for the actual subject of this thread, yeah I got my account pinched for inactivity too. I couldn't even remember what CPALead was until this thread.

Everyone here seems to already understand that we're banning publishers who have broken our TOS (spam, bots, fake content) as well as banning accounts (with pay) that have been inactive for 30+ days. We are taking the necessary steps to ensure we can work with advertisers who will not work with networks that accept publishers who monetize fake content. In return, our publishers who have loyally followed our rules and TOS, will reap the benefits of higher performing offers than ever before.

I see there are a lot of our imitators on here, so I would like to quickly say that it's easy to tell which network has the highest payouts (and EPCs for that matter). It's the networks that have the most traffic. The way this industry works, is that you use your traffic as leverage to obtain higher paying offers than your competition. To see who's leading the gateway/widget revolution, use Compete.com. You can see that these guys are making claims they cannot back up, and many of you realize that when you make the switch over to them.

Just a word of warning. When you switch over to another network, you are exposing your niche to that network. And we have already heard of a few networks that have teams that dissect their publisher's niches and recreate them.

I would also like to mention that we have just appointed Robert Sek as our new President & COO. Robert previously served as VP at Smiley Media and his perspective will be invaluable to our company and will reflect on your future earnings.

To all of our loyal CPAlead publishers, we have a bright future ahead of us.

Bigger is not better - better is better.
Just because you have more traffic does not mean that you have the best EPCs or the best anything else. You had a long head-start on most of your competition so naturally you have a bigger base. That doesn't mean much though.