Cops Kill Black Man, Caught On Tape

He was arrested more than 30 times prior to this for illegal smoke sales and other stuff, I think all the cops got frustrated with dealing with him and used major aggression towards him but didn't realize he had a condition, but now all of sudden all the civil right lawyers are on the case.

If he was arrested before they know 100000000000000% he had a condition

The only difference between the mafia vs. the state/cops scenario is that one operates under the umbrella of law (and consequently much more successful.)

I beg to differ here, DA.

OC-types are always profitable/successful in whatever area they set up shop...however, the state has a true monopoly on anything it wants and can't figure out how to stay above board.

Wiseguys as a group tend to be dumber than shit, and they STILL make better racketeers than the boys in blue.

I'll take an honest thief over a deluded cop any day of the week. At least Vinnie doesn't try to tell you he's helping you out while he's robbing your store.

^-I dunno man, it's hard to make the case against the marketing of the state.. National anthems, flags, patriotism, a never-ending subscription that takes place at every transaction and every april 15th... all while the lowly, pitiful servants willfully accept it and praise it..

That is some truly reptilian camouflage brilliance by the state.

^-I dunno man, it's hard to make the case against the marketing of the state.. National anthems, flags, patriotism, a never-ending subscription that takes place at every transaction and every april 15th... all while the lowly, pitiful servants willfully accept it and praise it..

That is some truly reptilian camouflage brilliance by the state.

It comes down to how you define success, I suppose.

The state is definitely winning on the hearts & minds front, that's for sure.

If there were any good cops, there wouldn't be any bad cops, but that's not the case. When it comes down to it, they are a gang like any other, and will go to whatever lengths they feel like in order protect their own interests and the interests of their fellow members

..And if they are following the standard pattern of gang behavior and internal violence you'd expect anyone who went against the established order to swiftly, brutally and thoroughly dealt with.

The inter/intrapersonal and fraternal pressures behind the Blue Wall are immense on a level that I actually think outstrips mosts gangs aside from a handful of Latino/Central and South American groups - their ability to instill sheer terror in an individual is immensely impressive.

Cops get a lot of hate from liberty-minded folks. And deservedly so since they volunteer to detain, imprison, beat, torture, and murder individuals who violate - knowingly or otherwise - an ever-changing set of rules set by politicians.*

But politicians, both at the federal and local levels, deserve just as much hate. After all, they give the orders to their paid thugs and assassins. Sociopathic leaders in Germany didn't get away with that crap after World War 2. We should use the same rubric today.

But the chain of liability doesn't end there. It extends to voters.

Voters elect politicians. They do so knowing - even hoping - their elected "leaders" will at some point issue orders to their employees to detain, imprison, beat, torture, and murder individuals.

Voters authorize the use of violence against innocents. The clarity of that truth might be clouded by voters' intellectual bankruptcy and moral inconsistency. But they're still responsible. They're still liable.

* i.e. arbitrary law
you are getting close, but the voters do not elect the politicians. The voters have little to no say in who they get to choose. Just look at what happened to Ron Paul during his last campaign. Just as he was gaining traction, the media began telling lies, and basically belittling the man. Then as he was making serious gains for the Republican convention, they changed the rules so he could not win.

The voters are powerless over the corporations that fund the campaigns. The powers that be "choose" who the options are. And if it's someone they dont own, they simply destroy them and when that doesn't work, they change to rules to suit their needs.

Now with all that said, I do agree. The voters allow the violence. If the people stood up and demanded change, they would get it. But they are in their own little dream world. Which is why the .gov goes out of their way to ensure the media is under their thumb. They cant run the risk of the people waking up.

The man mountain resisted arrest with tragic consequences. He made his choices and I don't see the possibility of restraining him without either tazing him or choking him down.

First of all, if he was really resisting, that scrawny little bitch of a cop wouldn't have been able to take him down like that. He had his hands up, open-palmed, and in no way was threatening the officers.

Second, the NYPD is explicitly prohibited from using chokeholds for exactly this reason. I quote from the NYPD Patrol Guide,

Members of the New York City Police Department will NOT use chokeholds. A chokehold shall include, but is not limited to, any pressure to the throat or windpipe, which may prevent or hinder breathing or reduce intake of air. Whenever it becomes necessary to take a violent or resisting subject into custody, responding officers should utilize appropriate tactics in a coordinated effort to overcome resistance​

This prick violated the code of conduct, assaulted an individual whose actions could barely be classified as resisting, and it resulted in his death. If I broke up a bar fight with a chokehold and the guy ended up dead, they would throw me right in prison. Lock him up and throw away the key

you are getting close, but the voters do not elect the politicians. The voters have little to no say in who they get to choose. Just look at what happened to Ron Paul during his last campaign. Just as he was gaining traction, the media began telling lies, and basically belittling the man. Then as he was making serious gains for the Republican convention, they changed the rules so he could not win.

The voters are powerless over the corporations that fund the campaigns. The powers that be "choose" who the options are. And if it's someone they dont own, they simply destroy them and when that doesn't work, they change to rules to suit their needs.

Now with all that said, I do agree. The voters allow the violence. If the people stood up and demanded change, they would get it. But they are in their own little dream world. Which is why the .gov goes out of their way to ensure the media is under their thumb. They cant run the risk of the people waking up.

cognitive dissonance

It's tragedy. The guy is dead and it isn't funny.

Tragedy aside, if you ever have a problem with police, go and listen to Flex Your Rights Associate Director Scott Morgan. He will teach you what to do [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXNhL2pkb0s]What Happens AFTER You Refuse a Police Search? - YouTube[/ame]
or just get set of his DVDs for better understanding.

Disclaimer: don't.

The cop SHOULD be prosecuted for using an illegal choke hold, I stand corrected.

But I still stand by the fact that the guy caused his own death by the actions he took and this is not a race issue its a criminal resisting arrest issue (up until the point they put a choke hold on him).

If someone breaks into your house and doesn't have a weapon should you be able to shoot him? That is totally disproportionate force. But in my opinion he takes the risks then he needs to live with the consequences.

Also I don't think the outcome would have been any different had he been white, hispanic or asian, only the outrage of the masses.

I have no love for the cops and I do believe that like politicians most cops get into the job for the power trip. However the laws are there to protect you and the cops are there to enforce them. You don't like the laws then get them changed. But the laws should also apply to the cops as well and in sentencing they should get harsher punishment for breaking them (as they are in a position of trust).

Stopped reading where you compared someone breaking into your house to someone standing on the street and raising their hands after officers start jumping on him for possibly taking cents of cigarette tax revenue from the great city of New York.

Stopped reading where you compared someone breaking into your house to someone standing on the street and raising their hands after officers start jumping on him for possibly taking cents of cigarette tax revenue from the great city of New York.

I didn't compare the two, I gave an analogy. And they didn't jump on him for selling cigarettes, they jumped on him for resisting arrest.

the guy caused his own death

Actually, an overzealous police officer caused this guy to die.

a criminal resisting arrest issue

"Resisting Arrest" is a bullshit concept/charge. Essentially, it means that if you don't immediately submit to the "authority" of the police, they are justified in doing whatever they feel is necessary in order to get you to submit, regardless of how trivial the initial cause for contact may be.

About 150 innocent bystanders per year are killed as a result of police pursuits. 42% of the reported police pursuits are due to traffic violations.

If a police officer pulls someone over, they already have the license plate, registration address, model and make of the vehicle...which would allow them to locate the "offending" individual at a later date without risking the lives of innocent bystanders. The problem is, that's not very sexy, and doesn't allow enough time for these idiots to play Starsky and Hutch, so instead, people die.

If someone breaks into your house and doesn't have a weapon should you be able to shoot him?

Of course, but do you think you should be able to kill somebody for not paying their taxes?

But in my opinion he takes the risks then he needs to live with the consequences.

The risks involved with being within 50 feet of a police officer at any time for any reason are enough that I do everything I can to avoid finding myself in that situation. So maybe, yeah, this guy should have just left, and maybe he would have if they had let him.

Also I don't think the outcome would have been any different had he been white, hispanic or asian, only the outrage of the masses.

I don't think anybody in this thread gives a shit that this guy was black. I know I don't. The world at large may see this as a racial issue, I see it as a bad cop issue.

the laws are there to protect you

Yes, I agree. I'm so glad the 21 cent per cigarette ($4.35/pack) tax exists in NY, because I feel protected as fuck everytime somebody dukes the empire state 100% of the purchase price of a pack of Pall Malls.

the laws should also apply to the cops as well and in sentencing they should get harsher punishment for breaking them

In a better world, the civil judgement against these assholes would be enough to bankrupt the precinct for a while, and the people of Staten Island could take a minute and figure out exactly how much police protection they actually need.

At they very least police officers should be required to be individually bonded and insured for liability. These assholes would be a lot less trigger happy if they knew they could be dropped by their liability insurer for any sort of misconduct/brutality/excessive force and rendered instantly and forever unemployable in the LE/Security sector. As it is, they have zero accountability, and we pay the price.

This poor asshole's family is going to wind up indirectly paying the salary of the cops who killed him while they are on indefinite paid leave, and then, if there is a criminal or civil trial, they'll pay again for the court costs, and for the fucking legal defense for these murderous cocksuckers. It's a terrible insult.

Last edited:
"Resisting Arrest" is a bullshit concept/charge. Essentially, it means that if you don't immediately submit to the "authority" of the police, they are justified in doing whatever they feel is necessary in order to get you to submit, regardless of how trivial the initial cause for contact may be.

So whats the alternative? You try to arrest someone for anything and they are in their rights to just walk away or punch you in the head for trying to arrest them? Where do you draw the line? Which crimes is it ok to just let the guy go on about his business and which aren't? Who makes the judgement call? Someone takes your wallet and a cop sees it happening, should he just let the guy go along his merry way if he doesn't want to "submit to their authority"? You wouldn't be raging about it?

I don't think anybody in this thread gives a shit that this guy was black. I know I don't. The world at large may see this as a racial issue, I see it as a bad cop issue.

Check out the title of the thread.

So whats the alternative? You try to arrest someone for anything and they are in their rights to just walk away or punch you in the head for trying to arrest them? Where do you draw the line? Which crimes is it ok to just let the guy go on about his business and which aren't? Who makes the judgement call?

You're never within your rights to punch somebody in the head unless you are defending yourself.

Unfortunately, it's a crime to defend yourself against the police, regardless of the situation.

There was absolutely no fucking reason for the police to put their hands on this guy. He wasn't violent, he hadn't hurt anybody. They wanted to fuck him up, because they were tired of dealing with him, so that's what they did.

Seems like selling untaxed smokes is the kind of thing that can be handled via citation, if at all. Why are the police enforcing the tax-code anyway? How come nobody is asking this question?

Check out the title of the thread.

Clickbaiters gonna clickbait.

You're never within your rights to punch somebody in the head unless you are defending yourself.

Unfortunately, it's a crime to defend yourself against the police, regardless of the situation.

There was absolutely no fucking reason for the police to put their hands on this guy. He wasn't violent, he hadn't hurt anybody. They wanted to fuck him up, because they were tired of dealing with him, so that's what they did.

Seems like selling untaxed smokes is the kind of thing that can be handled via citation, if at all. Why are the police enforcing the tax-code anyway? How come nobody is asking this question?

The police have the right to arrest someone committing a crime. Again if someone stole your wallet and hadn't hurt you would you want the cops to arrest the guy? And if the guy didn't want to get arrested should they write him a ticket and let him go along his merry way?

Clickbaiters gonna clickbait.

Thats what I was responding to

if someone stole your wallet and hadn't hurt you would you want the cops to arrest the guy? And if the guy didn't want to get arrested should they write him a ticket and let him go along his merry way?

I'd certainly want my wallet back, and I'd want the guy who took it to make restitution. I don't know if I give a shit about him being "arrested" or not.

I'm not an attorney, I'm not even an attorney-in-fact, or a diplomat-in-fantasy, so I don't have the answers here.

Maybe I'd feel different if the police actually spent time working on property crime cases.

Most of what they do qualifies as revenue generating activity or outright harassment.

Next time you get something stolen, call the cops, see what happens.

The police have the right to arrest someone committing a crime. Again if someone stole your wallet and hadn't hurt you would you want the cops to arrest the guy? And if the guy didn't want to get arrested should they write him a ticket and let him go along his merry way?

Scenario (A) Someone steals my wallet.
Scenario (B) Someone sells untaxed cigarettes.

(A) We can clearly see there's a victim that resulted from the action of another person. Their property was taken against their will.

(B) There's no victim. A voluntary transaction of cigarettes and money takes place between consenting individuals.

It's all about that non-aggression principle bro. Ideally cop intervention would only take place in cases where people break the NAP.

(B) There's no victim. A voluntary transaction of cigarettes and money takes place between consenting individuals.
I am from New York City. I observe firsthand the business, yes business, of selling 'untaxed' cigarettes.

Whether it's "loosies" from a corner store (aka "bodega"), a bar selling packs imported from out-of-state, or a fat loser selling them on the sidewalk - all three scenarios have a lot more to do with the breakdown of a neighborhood (ie, "broken windows theory") than they do with libertarian rights or the bottom line of the state's revenue. A lot more.

And if I'm a property or business owner in area where police take care of shit like that, I'm grateful. Police were doing their job, just happened to close that particular deal, is all.