Ca$hvertising (Book Summary)

This is one of those threads that really should be spam free, have some fucking decency.

But what the fuck do I care I already read the book and copy pasted this crap so... keep on spamming bots and mods keep on posting nude pics...

My advice would be to go through this book with an actual product in mind. Stop and brainstorm after each section, and you'll end up with a detailed profile of your customers' mindset and motivations, which you can use when you write your articles/copy.

just finished this book and it's gold. lots of useful info.

thanks to the op for the summaries. i was going to do the same but looks like you saved me the trouble.

Optimizing your website requires careful keyword research and study of your competitor’s website to ensure that the correct keywords are being included in the content and code of your site. A professional search engine optimizer knows where to place these keywords and how to place them to achieve maximum effect in search engine results
seo packages

I am new to this forum and this is the first post I have read. Awesome stuff! I have downloaded Ca$hvertizing but it seems you have done a great job summarizing it. It has also been suggested that I should read 'Influence - the Psychology of Persuasion'. Any more anyone can recommend to newbies?

When i first read this book, yes i too felt like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread....

after checking out gary's website and reading such books as the adweek copywriting handbook, scientific advertising, etc.
it doesn't hold a candle to robert bly, joe sugarman, claude hopkins, and the like.

this book is a good start.
Thanks for this. I have started to read Scientific Advertising but I hadn't heard of Robert Bly or Joe Sugarman. I will go investigate.

Surprised to see so many people going gaga over this book.

So much of it is obvious fundamentals that if "short words," "short sentences," etc. are impressing you, then you are lacking serious fundamentals and you might want to reconsider your talents.

As for Gary H., he's every direct response, long copy writer's wet dream but in this day and age when so much has changed (social, video, gamification, etc), it's curious to see so many people fall head over heels for him. Yeah if you're writing long ads for the WSJ in the 1972 then pour over his ads all you want. But nowadays? Too tenuated.

Surprised to see so many people going gaga over this book.

So much of it is obvious fundamentals that if "short words," "short sentences," etc. are impressing you, then you are lacking serious fundamentals and you might want to reconsider your talents.

As for Gary H., he's every direct response, long copy writer's wet dream but in this day and age when so much has changed (social, video, gamification, etc), it's curious to see so many people fall head over heels for him. Yeah if you're writing long ads for the WSJ in the 1972 then pour over his ads all you want. But nowadays? Too tenuated.

How about some recommendations then?

yeah, I loved this book
read the reviews on amazon, totally bull, like unsable now, I hit gold with some of my ads thanks to this book,
check fascinate and influence

and the science of yes, all great books but cashvertising, tops them all, simply to the point with facts and studies to back it up, loved it

This book is pretty awesome, would any of you guys recommend any other books. I have also read Cialdini's book on influence, pretty awesome.