Backpacking eastern Europe

I don't want to publicly post the photo albums since they are on FB but if you want to see photos I took of the cities msg me.

image.png

Meanwhile in Bucharest...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmOylupOaLU"]Downtown Bucharest urban skiing v1.2. - YouTub[/ame]

The more I travel the more I realize that nowhere is really dangerous as long as you have a little bit of respect.

Don't flaunt wealth, don't walk around bad neighborhoods at night and if somebody has a problem with you at a club or bar just apologize and offer to buy them a drink.

Every story I've heard of somebody being robbed during travels has been due to one of the above things (or them keeping laptops/expensive shit in their check in luggage during bus trips).

wondering how safe Eastern Europe is?

The violent crime rate in Bucharest remains very low, with 11 murders and 983 other violent offenses taking place in 2007.[2] In 2011 there were 34 recorded murders. Relative to the population of approximately 3 million (unofficially) this makes Bucharest the safest European capital.

Yes....the safest European capital is in Eastern Europe...

You guys saying there is no difference between how people view Americans and Canadians... don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Yep. Almost no difference. At least not that much of a difference that somebody should pretend to be Canadian instead.
Not sure where did you get this wrong idea.
Its like you would say to an Irish guy - pretend to be Scottish. Or vice verse. Like one or another would make some impact of how you would be treated lol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9T07J7PqLY]Kroll Show - Spotted Ox Hostel - Visiting Europe (Full) - YouTube[/ame]

I'm going within a month. I was in Europe in the early summer a few years ago. There were way too many tourists.

Take some warm cloths - weather still might be tricky in that part of Europe - even in April.

Also: if you choose to drive, please be very careful. Roads (at least in Poland) are mostly of poor quality, drivers take a lot of risk, cars are often old. Inter-city roads have usually one line so to overtake any car you will ha to use other line dedicated to the traffic coming the opposite way.