Backpacking eastern Europe

Been to most of those. To be honest you're in far more danger in any large american city then those countries.

This.

If you switch your route through Baltic countries, hit me up.
Be wary of gypsies in the south and their "buy this real golden ring from me for 15$ as I need money fast" :D

Watch out for these guys.

main.php

не мы такие жизнь такая

Guys like these couldn't care less about robbing some tourist :D

I would never pretend to be Canadian. I fucking hate Canadians who put flags on their backpacks.

been there done that. romania is the sickest overall country, croatia probably has the hottest girls. Bosnia is insanely wild and you will love it if you like a whole country built on not giving a fuck.

In Poland just walk around and ignore black people hanging occasionally on the trees. We, the Polish citizens, don't like to be called racist.

Am ...

TBH if you are not black and do not parade that you are american, you will be fine. Especially in front of a group of football hooligans. They have the habit to beat people just because they are black, asian, american. This is true for Bulgaria and Serbia. In Serbia also it's not a good idea to share around if you are a gay.

^^^ And this is only about night life. During a day in main streets you could walk without any concerns.

Anyway, I do not have those prejudices, so if you come to Sofia, you could PM me. Will get you out for some good food and party's :)

What are the best spots in Poland to visit?

It really depends on how to spend your free time.

There are mountains, there is sea, some great lakes (if you like the nature).

There are brothels, road-whores, call girls (if you like sex).

There is a lot of vodka (only Russians have it more).

There is Krakow, Warsaw, Gdansk, Wroclaw (if you like to see a bit of history).

Polish mountains:
44274427Czarny_Staw_i_Morskie_Oko_widziane_ze_szlaku_na_Rysy01.jpg

Lakes:

mazury.jpg

Sea:

1.jpg

Krakow:

300px-Krakau_Markt.jpg

Gdansk:

13378_gdansk_old_ship_and_port_crane.jpg

Warsaw:

warsaw.jpg

Vodka:

Polmos_Siedlce_Chopin_Potato_Vodka_.jpg

Women:

izabella_scorupco_smile_desktop_wallpaper_75789-300x225.jpg

Am ...

TBH if you are not black and do not parade that you are american, you will be fine. Especially in front of a group of football hooligans. They have the habit to beat people just because they are black, asian, american. This is true for Bulgaria and Serbia. In Serbia also it's not a good idea to share around if you are a gay.

^^^ And this is only about night life. During a day in main streets you could walk without any concerns.

Anyway, I do not have those prejudices, so if you come to Sofia, you could PM me. Will get you out for some good food and party's :)
People beat up Americans? That's not good...

But I'm traveling solo, so I probably wouldn't do too much at night anyway.

Thanks for the invite. I'll let you know if I go through Sofia!

It really depends on how to spend your free time.

There are mountains, there is sea, some great lakes (if you like the nature).

There are brothels, road-whores, call girls (if you like sex).

There is a lot of vodka (only Russians have it more).

There is Krakow, Warsaw, Gdansk, Wroclaw (if you like to see a bit of history).

Polish mountains:
44274427Czarny_Staw_i_Morskie_Oko_widziane_ze_szlaku_na_Rysy01.jpg

Lakes:

mazury.jpg

Sea:

1.jpg

Krakow:

300px-Krakau_Markt.jpg

Gdansk:

13378_gdansk_old_ship_and_port_crane.jpg

Warsaw:

warsaw.jpg

Vodka:

Polmos_Siedlce_Chopin_Potato_Vodka_.jpg

Women:

izabella_scorupco_smile_desktop_wallpaper_75789-300x225.jpg
Poland looks great. I'm actually really into historical sites and museums. Not so sure about brothels... haha

Poland looks great. I'm actually really into historical sites and museums. Not so sure about brothels... haha

You may be interested then in Westerplatte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia were the first battle of WW2 took place. There is obviously Auschwitz concentration camp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (it is German camp - to straight up some facts). Malbork Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is worth visiting if you are after really old times. Of course Krakow then is a must.

Start in Vienna, good launching point. Also split, Croatia is can't miss. Bucharest is amazing. Sofia is fun too but not as good as Bucharest. Sarajevo is also a must.

Croatia has the hottest women
Bosnia is the best nightlife experience
Romania is the best combo of all
I was let down by Budapest but it could have been the crowd I was with

Oh and avoid Albania at all costs

Dude just go. None of the areas you are talking about are going to dangerous. You wont be alone anyway. Everywhere has tourists, damn near everyone speaks enough English to know what you want. Hotels and hostels will also be full of other travelers that you can hang out with.

Poland was amazing while I was there. I went to Warsaw and Krakow. Only drove though Slovakia to Budapest. Budapest was also amazing. Since you are in the area you should also visit Vienna. Missed Athens sadly but Istanbul is also awesome.

Warsaw is a major city so not many sights there. But you can visit the Warsaw Uprising Museum for a bit of history. Krakow is crazy nice. Like honey moon nice. You can also visit Auschwitz while there. Budapest is kinda in-between the two. Lots of old and lots of new. The Ruin bars there are cool and the drinks are cheap.

I don't want to publicly post the photo albums since they are on FB but if you want to see photos I took of the cities msg me. I was in that area back in October-November.

Nope. Its not middle east, where do you get this wrong idea? There is almost no difference between a Canadian and US citizen.

You guys saying there is no difference between how people view Americans and Canadians... don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

You guys saying there is no difference between how people view Americans and Canadians... don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

JcLu4aA.jpg

In all seriousness there is no difference between the USA/Canada in terms of people (Quebec not included).

Take some white person from Vancity and some white person from Seattle ask someone from Thailand to observe them and say where they think they come from.