Anyone Here Living Car Free?

Living in Miami going carless is impossible (outside out of south beach). I drive 30-70 miles in a day routinely. The public transportation is so sparse and unreliable that only the lowliest of peasants every use it.

The public transportation is so sparse and unreliable that only the lowliest of peasants every use it.

When I go to Tiger games I take public transportation from my street right up
to the ballpark's front door. I'll deal with the peasant's, drunks, beggars, etc...
Usually their pretty easy just to push out of the way as you're walking by them.

Where I live if you see someone riding a bicycle and they're not wearing spandex it means they got a DUI.

You can still get a DUI on a bicycle. When I lived in OH drunks drove tractors cause they didn't need a license.

I'm getting rid of my car and have been commuting with the gf. Cars are such a pain in the ass in the city. Sadly I live in the city and have to commute 40+ minutes each way OUT of the city to work every day. I'd ride light rail if I could.

makethatgreen, you sound like a pussy to be honest.
Jeffrey, you'd be surprised, there's plenty of countries where lots of people rarely drive.

I did 11.5k miles the other day, see if you can do that in a car.

Nice, it was in MD I knew a guy who got a BUI. Looks like it depends on the state with WA and MN not giving a shit while oregon charges you same as driving a car and CA has a $750 fine.

I have a BM and I havent started it up in like 3 months. Weird.
I can buy just about any car I want and I just dont give a shit. I feel you bro.

I do rent nice cars when I travel.

I will buy your house for cash. PM in North West if needed.

another reason the US is behind the times....we used to have really good public transpo, and then a small little company called GM back in the 60s/70s lobbied with a few cities (Los Angeles being one) to promote car use instead of maintaining their public systems. Today LA has 8 lane highways, gridlock all day.

I have car in the NL just because one of my employees had a company lease, he moved to another office, and the car was just sitting there. Otherwise I've been without a car for 3 years and it's great.

How the fuck do you fags buy groceries without a car? Do you only buy a couple bags of groceries at a time?

makethatgreen, you sound like a pussy to be honest.
Jeffrey, you'd be surprised, there's plenty of countries where lots of people rarely drive.

I did 11.5k miles the other day, see if you can do that in a car.

I'd like to see you do that in an F16, mate.

another reason the US is behind the times....we used to have really good public transpo, and then a small little company called GM back in the 60s/70s lobbied with a few cities (Los Angeles being one) to promote car use instead of maintaining their public systems. Today LA has 8 lane highways, gridlock all day.

I have car in the NL just because one of my employees had a company lease, he moved to another office, and the car was just sitting there. Otherwise I've been without a car for 3 years and it's great.

GM did more than just lobby, even before the 60's/70's GM, Firestone Tire, Standard Oil, Phillips Petroleum, and Mack Trucks formed a holding company called National City Lines to buy out streetcar companies, then dismantle the streetcar systems and convert the routes to buses. They are estimated to have killed over 100 streetcar systems in at least 45 U.S. cities between 1936 and 1950. It is referred to as the "Great American streetcar scandal".