AFFILIATES BEING SUBPOENAED BY ILLINOIS ATTORNEY GENERAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the AG involved it means that there are probably criminal charges behind it. No state or federal really gets involved in a civilian's complaint. There is something in addition to Harpo's complaint that is fueling this. Once those criminal charges are set then Harpo's attorneys will have a cake walk with their civil complaint.

With the AG involved it means that there are probably criminal charges behind it. No state or federal really gets involved a civilian's civil litigation. There is something in addition to Harpo's complaint that is fueling this. Once those criminal charges are set then Harpo's attorneys will have a cake walk with their civil complaint.
Texas Attorney General
Texas Attorney General said:
There are twelve civil litigation divisions. They perform a wide variety of functions ranging from prosecuting anitrust violations to providing representation to other state agencies.
The Administrative Law Division provides administrative law litigation and general counsel services to a variety of state agencies, a significant number being occupational licensing agencies. The division enforces and defends agency orders and rules in district and appellate courts, files suits to enjoin the unauthorized practice of licensed professions, and prosecutes licensees before administrative law judges.
Just an example. And yes, that's off an attorney general's site.
And Oprah is not a civilian. She is Thor.

Fuck Oprah! She used her "brand" to push BO and look where that got us.

Texas Attorney General
Just an example. And yes, that's off an attorney general's site.
And Oprah is not a civilian. She is Thor.

OK I see that agency for consumer protection. So I guess Oprah is the consumer - lol. But, yes Oprah is THOR especially with a brother in the White House. We will see what the state and FTC does.

We need lessons from Shady on how to be invisible. Maye you can give some tips on that.

Oprah set herself up since she and that bogus MD knew Acai doesn't do shit. But, she can say what she wants these days.

Last edited:
Oprah set herself up since she and that bogus MD knew Acai doesn't do shit. But, she can say what she wants these days.

Oprah didn't set herself up. A lot of affiliates pushed a shit / shady offer hard using a picture of one of the most powerful women in the world, without permission.

What the fuck did you think was going to happen?

i agree with fatbat... it looks like a simple Cease & Desist campaign. i can't imagine oprah wanting to go back to court (she didn't fare too well in the public eye in her "beef" trial -- but, I guess that is how she met Dr. Phil).

too much downside in the trial process, plus opposing counsel would have the chance of discovery and get to ask her some questions she probably wouldn't want to answer during the legal process.

Quick question, in case anyone knows... I've been wondering for a while now. In the event something like this happens, does the fault go below the affiliates as well, to the designers and copywriters? I make it a point to *try* to cover my own a** whenever possible, because I'm not interested in being involved with a suit....

You can pretty much use common sense in this one and the obvious answer is no your safe.

If you run a legit business which writes copy for people then you do not have to worry.

Can they come to you and say give me what you wrote for this person, yes they can and may do so but that's about all they can do, other then maybe on a very long shot get you to testify that you wrote the copy for a certain person.

Again this plays out for lots of B2B industries, if you run a legit business and a shady biz uses your services your not liable for what they do with there business, you are however liable for what you do with yours.

Where are the "the big fish" on this forum who always seem to let you know that they are big fish, and are now all the sudden in hiding. Step right up ballers, time to get that colon cleansed ...

Your an idiot, no one's coming forward, nor should they, that's that last thing you want to do when your in the midst of legal action.

The best thing you could do is keep your mouth shut and don't brag about shit until your in the clear, pretty much watch your steps because anything you do and say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

I want to make sure I got this straight. 30 Super Affiliates ALL who live in ILLINOIS and ALL who promoted ACAI are under subpeona?

You don't have to live in the state as a affiliate to get involved. People from the state of Illinois issued various complaints (probably a whole lot of them) to its AG, who is now investigating the allegations.

Damn it, I knew I shouldn't have used her for my before and after pics! :uhoh2:

33e0ruq.jpg

Thanks for the idea for a Muscle Milk weight gainer flog. +rep

haha this is kinda why I love this industry so much its never ending.

If the economy is bad promote how to make money products, if the economy is good promote high end products, if a super star is skinny promote how to loose weight products, if they turn fat promote how to gain weight products.

Status
Not open for further replies.