$1000 bitcoin

6rj8ye.jpg

This site is pissing me off so much today. The wording of the first statement indicates that you will pay Friday's market price and that you are not locking in the current market price. However, when you actually go to buy it, it says you're paying the current market price.

Anyone want to explain which of these conflicting statements is actually correct?

Looks like the correction is starting -- $660 down to $640 in last 20 or so minutes on MtGox. Maybe now get the tell tale second peak and then the sharper drop down to baseline? I'm thinking ~$300.

edit: $624

I would be buying right now. $560 mt gox

To each their own, but I'm waiting for about $350.

Just 2 weeks ago it was at ~$220. It's going to continue going down for a bit. Then it'll be several months before it picks up decent steam again.

Well, that's my guess anyway.

Just 2 weeks ago it was at ~$220. It's going to continue going down for a bit. Then it'll be several months before it picks up decent steam again.

Given the lack of the effect silk road going down had, the fact there's a new silk road up -- the likelihood of more press and the rate the news is picking up I'd expect a faster rally this time around. There's also going to be lots of "dumb money" going in on the back of everything.

I think $300-$350 is a good buy -- I'd then look to sell at $1500-$2000 and re-buy at ~$600. I'm not sure I can see that Forbes article coming true for this bubble based on the price trend today, though. Gox had the first sell off ~12 hours ago, a mini rally back up to the high and then it's been trending down sharp since (so far today is the biggest loss on BTC within a single day, in absolute terms).

These bubbles will just get bigger and bigger as time goes on -- the question is what will happen when the bitcoin economy becomes large enough for government to really care about it.

It could easily make some early miners/buyers hundo-millionaires (in terms of "technical" networth) before then, though.

Given the lack of the effect silk road going down had, the fact there's a new silk road up -- the likelihood of more press and the rate the news is picking up I'd expect a faster rally this time around. There's also going to be lots of "dumb money" going in on the back of everything.

I think $300-$350 is a good buy -- I'd then look to sell at $1500-$2000 and re-buy at ~$600. I'm not sure I can see that Forbes article coming true for this bubble based on the price trend today, though. Gox had the first sell off ~12 hours ago, a mini rally back up to the high and then it's been trending down sharp since (so far today is the biggest loss on BTC within a single day, in absolute terms).

These bubbles will just get bigger and bigger as time goes on -- the question is what will happen when the bitcoin economy becomes large enough for government to really care about it.

It could easily make some early miners/buyers hundo-millionaires (in terms of "technical" networth) before then, though.

Part of the reason for yesterdays explosive growth was bernake and a few others saying Bitcoin was beneficial.

the question is what will happen when the bitcoin economy becomes large enough for government to really care about it.

They already care about it though. Senate hearing yesterday, there's been congressional hearings in the past, both the FBI and FinCEN have chimed in by releasing official reports, etc.

For the most part they're shrugging their shoulders at it, and I'm assuming that's because they realize there's no way they can control it. I think they learned their lesson from the billions of dollars and tens of thousands of man hours invested into trying to control torrents.

That, and Bitcoin is already basically regulated. You can't pull out any decent amount into a bank account without photo ID, account verification, etc.

Fuck I might actually have to start looking into this bitcoin shit so I can be ready to buy when it crashes down. Shit is all the over news with congress basically sayings it's a good thing ... I wonder how much longer before every Joe blow knows about this shit ...

They already care about it though. Senate hearing yesterday, there's been congressional hearings in the past, both the FBI and FinCEN have chimed in by releasing official reports, etc.

For the most part they're shrugging their shoulders at it, and I'm assuming that's because they realize there's no way they can control it. I think they learned their lesson from the billions of dollars and tens of thousands of man hours invested into trying to control torrents.

That, and Bitcoin is already basically regulated. You can't pull out any decent amount into a bank account without photo ID, account verification, etc.

They don't care about it as much as they will care about it.

It's a totally different thing to torrents. You can ban businesses from trading in Bitcoins, and make exchanges illegal. Whilst you won't stop them being used, you can stop them from going mainstream. It's much easier to stop businesses trading with BTC than it is to somehow stop millions of individuals downloading torrents.

Of course, the exception is that they somehow become so mainstream that it becomes politically unfriendly to crack down on it. Time will tell.

They did the same thing with online poker. And when it got a little too mainstream they killed the exchanges. They can't touch BTC. But that doesn't mean they are going to let you get dollars out.

Eh, it follows a pretty consistent chart. It rally's then drops to half of the peak, then generally rallys to 150% of the median then drops back down 100% of its value. Growing about 50% every single rally. It's been following this pattern as long as I have been watching it since it's value was in the 20's.

If its following the pattern still (appears to be) Buy(bottom) would be in the 500-600 range since it peaked at around 1k. So now we can expect next sell range to be around 1.5k (if it continues the pattern)

I think $300-$350 is a good buy -- I'd then look to sell at $1500-$2000 and re-buy at ~$600. I'm not sure I can see that Forbes article coming true for this bubble based on the price trend today, though. Gox had the first sell off ~12 hours ago, a mini rally back up to the high and then it's been trending down sharp since (so far today is the biggest loss on BTC within a single day, in absolute terms)...
I can definitely see it going $1500~$2000 and then cash out half (or all) for a nice profit. :smokin: Can't really see it dipping down to $300 tho due to the media attention it's starting to get . It would be very nice tho (hehe)

any good sites/blogs/forums out there you guys could recommend that discusses these future price moves? i.e. short-term/long-term price predictions. etc.