£13tn: hoard hidden from taxman by global elite

Ookie

Brb, gym.
Aug 20, 2010
South Australia
£13tn: hoard hidden from taxman by global elite | Business | The Observer

A global super-rich elite has exploited gaps in cross-border tax rules to hide an extraordinary £13 trillion ($21tn) of wealth offshore – as much as the American and Japanese GDPs put together – according to research commissioned by the campaign group Tax Justice Network.

Once the returns on investing the hidden assets is included, almost £500bn has left Russia since the early 1990s when its economy was opened up. Saudi Arabia has seen £197bn flood out since the mid-1970s, and Nigeria £196bn.

£13tn: hoard hidden from taxman by global elite | Business | The Observer

A global super-rich elite has exploited gaps in cross-border tax rules to hide an extraordinary £13 trillion ($21tn) of wealth offshore – as much as the American and Japanese GDPs put together – according to research commissioned by the campaign group Tax Justice Network.

Once the returns on investing the hidden assets is included, almost £500bn has left Russia since the early 1990s when its economy was opened up. Saudi Arabia has seen £197bn flood out since the mid-1970s, and Nigeria £196bn.

That money would be much better used in the hands of the government so it could be put to use financing war and oppression.

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for,
If you don't want to pay some more.
Cause I'm the taxman.

Good for them. Taxes are theft. Down with the politics of envy.

You don't think that much of that money wasn't gained through the very tax system you rally against? So you are against the collection of taxes, but for the collaboration by the system to allow those very tax dollars to be hidden from additional taxation? That's hypocrisy.

That money would be much better used in the hands of the government so it could be put to use financing war and oppression.

Yeah, bc I'm sure none of that money is being used for financing war and oppression. "You" of all people should know that.

You don't think that much of that money wasn't gained through the very tax system you rally against? So you are against the collection of taxes, but for the collaboration by the system to allow those very tax dollars to be hidden from additional taxation? That's hypocrisy.
That's a very bold accusation. I assume you have the evidence to back it up.

Did you read the comments on reddit about this?

They literally want to turn violent and kill rich people and those comments are getting lots of upvotes...

They also want to go take all of it and redistributed it lol.

That's a very bold accusation. I assume you have the evidence to back it up.

It's like 20 trillion dollars... I can assure you plenty of it is from private defense companies and corporate banks that have lobbied tax code that is nothing more than unjust, unconstitutional, and at the detriment of the citizens of the respective countries. I'm not saying it's bad that people are trying to avoid taxation on their wealth.. Who the fuck can blame them... I would be too. But to make the general association that this money is a middle finger to the tax man, rather than the actual tax man's hand.. is ignorant.

untaxed money is good money.

you make some shit up about how it must have been stolen because "large amount" or drugs or whatever. doesnt matter. if they acquired the entirety of it by cloning babies to harvest their skin, it wouldnt matter. the way in which the money was acquired might have been a bad one, but that doesnt change the fact that they found a way to tell governments to fuck go fuck themselves.

governments want to tax income derived from activities they declare crimes against humanity. that is fundamentally amoral. they dont give a shit about whats happening, as long as they get the share they decide is fair.

Proof?

Are we really going to play that little game? Come on.

In common usage, theft is the taking of another person's property without that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it...

pretty much fits the definition

Did you read the comments on reddit about this?

They literally want to turn violent and kill rich people and those comments are getting lots of upvotes...

They also want to go take all of it and redistributed it lol.
You take the comments on reddit seriously?

Doesn't this guy count off-shore government debt? Most of the off-shore stuff is pension funds, college endowments, government debt, and stuff like that. Not individuals. It's just to rile up the peasants and make them angry at something that isn't what they think it is.