You can buy Shoemoney's computer!

If you have ever had a readynas+ they were really shitty and had like 256mb of ram and a SUPER slow proccssor.

They really souped them up for this one with a dual core cpu and 2gb of ram (souped up for what it does).

This one can keep up with fast ethernet where the other one I got maybe 2mb/s at best. Although it still has some limitations of non solid state drives... mainly if 2 people are copying shit to it gets really slow

This is the one I bought: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-ReadyNAS-Ultra-PLUS-12TB/dp/B004J1BVN6]Amazon.com: NETGEAR ReadyNAS Ultra 6 PLUS 12TB - 6 x 2TB Hitachi Standard Edition: Electronics[/ame]

Keep in mind if your nerdy and good with linux you can build a linux box for a lot cheaper that will smoke this thing.

Video mostly. Everything we shoot is really high resolution and I keep all the originals.

In addition to that I have a Readynas that does 12TB

Nice. Props for showing up and putting the haters and trolls in their place, and I look forward to you beating the living shit out of barman someday.

If you have ever had a readynas+ they were really shitty and had like 256mb of ram and a SUPER slow proccssor.

They really souped them up for this one with a dual core cpu and 2gb of ram (souped up for what it does).

This one can keep up with fast ethernet where the other one I got maybe 2mb/s at best. Although it still has some limitations of non solid state drives... mainly if 2 people are copying shit to it gets really slow

This is the one I bought: Amazon.com: NETGEAR ReadyNAS Ultra 6 PLUS 12TB - 6 x 2TB Hitachi Standard Edition: Electronics

Keep in mind if your nerdy and good with linux you can build a linux box for a lot cheaper that will smoke this thing.

Yeah a linux box will perform much better, however for energy consumption something small and simple is best. QNAP makes damn good NAS systems with up to 12TB capacity.

The auction ended at 1875...

Honestly I can't believe it ended that high. Although it was over 5k new many years ago I still can't believe its retained value like that.

I offered it to a local place WITH 30" monitor for 1500.

The monitor ended up selling for 900 (was a direct offer to end the auction early)

Apple hardware 4tw.

Funny sidenote... My 6 month old 27inch iMac with 256gb SSD, 10gb of ram WAY out performs that computer in every way.

Can you run dual monitors off it? Or do you need another idisplay? I was thinking of getting our secretary an iMac since the alienware is a POS but she has 3 monitors. Can't ask her to sacrifice that.

First of all the compter is from 2007... I dont use it anymore.

2nd of all... ringtones were so 2007... Its only been 5 years since I have written about it... try to keep up a lil.

I sling my own products now. Stopped being an affiliate for the man a long time ago. (also why I don't speak at affiliate conferences anymore).

First off congratulations on all of your achievements . I find it awesome that you still visit an affiliate marketing forum and don't do affiliate marketing anymore. I think anyone just getting started would probably be wondering why, since you were a great success with it. Is affiliate marketing dying?

Can you run dual monitors off it? Or do you need another idisplay? I was thinking of getting our secretary an iMac since the alienware is a POS but she has 3 monitors. Can't ask her to sacrifice that.

Ya with that computer it has dual DVI outputs. I was running 2 30" monitors. But I THINK you can run 4 monitors on that single card.

You can always throw in another video card though and get more monitors in addition to that one.

Here is the one I used day to day (different computer but some specs)

tn-dualapple30inch.jpg

Ya with that computer it has dual DVI outputs. I was running 2 30" monitors. But I THINK you can run 4 monitors on that single card.

You can always throw in another video card though and get more monitors in addition to that one.

Here is the one I used day to day (different computer but some specs)

tn-dualapple30inch.jpg

what kind of snack food are you using there?

First off congratulations on all of your achievements . I find it awesome that you still visit an affiliate marketing forum and don't do affiliate marketing anymore. I think anyone just getting started would probably be wondering why, since you were a great success with it. Is affiliate marketing dying?

Thanks,

I think its more I have changed. I now have 2 kids (3 and 5) and a wife that I don't really want to neglect.

Affiliate marketing for me meant not really ever having regular hours. I would code until the wee hours of the morning and constantly be watching stats, FREAKING OUT at the little things and really have no time for family.

As my kids are getting older and I actually feel useful (take them to school, to gymnastics, etc) and having a good time with them.

As far as newbies go I am really jealous. I have said this a lot before. I wish I was back in their shoes. Its kind of weird waking up every day knowing you have to make 4k today just to cover expenses.

Back when I was working a 9-5 and making money on the side I was operating at ridiculous margins but it was fly by night.

While I can't make a million dollars in profit a month anymore I average out pretty well over the year and learning how to grow it.