wtf is the difference between house, trance, dubstep, etc?

bloodvayne

dddiggg
Oct 5, 2010
i guess it doesnt matter bc im seriously enjoying some bloody beetroots, rusko, king cannibal, and a few others while in the gym and on the interwebz, but i thought id ask here since this is where i discovered this music.

Reactions: .Hack

trance is shit for euro tweens who just ate their first pill. dubstep is generally for poor people who wear hoodies and smoke blunts. house is party music for people on drugs. ;)

House - to me this is more danc-y than trance. It's usually a bit harder and more pumping.
Trace - more melodic than house, has very long progressions and build ups. Songs are usually very long and spacy.
Dubstep - completely different from the two above. Uses heavy basslines, the rhythm is kick snare kick snare, rather than kick kick kick kick like in house/trance. This is a relatively new genre and is still heavily evolving.

Google: Ishkur Guide to Electronic Music. It doesn't have dubstep I think as the guide is old, but it has a shit load of other genres that you might have missed :)

For good dubstep check out Dubstep.fm - Dubstep Radio - The World Is Listening radio

YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! I LISTEN TO TRANCE AND HOUSE 24/7.
Dubstep fucking sucks in my opinion, it's a genre like papajohns said that hipsters have made popular since it was so shitty. Drum n Bass is way better than dubstep.
I listen to alot of old house though like 70s-2000 and new of course.

IMO Disco is what started the house genre then it was evolved into house in the early 80s. I like trance alot too, my alltime favorite is Paul Oakenfold.

Netphase is on the right track. If you really want to get a feel for it download itunes then go to Radio>Electronica then pick your station. My favorite station is Dogglounge or Dogghouse I forgot at the moment but it starts with Dogg.

I don't get tired of trance or house. DnB gets kind of repetitive after like 20-30 minutes and dubstep is just god damn annoying. I listen to alot of rave and techno too. I don't like industrial at all and some happycore ain't that bad either.

I listen to a fuckton of electronic music period rofl

They all have one thing in common:

Guidos_1-744866.jpg

^not even close to a accurate. I'm not sure that even qualifies as a stereotype because I don't think anyone believes this. There are electronic music communities in every city in the US. Pretty sure guidos are in select parts of the east coast only.

^not even close to a accurate. I'm not sure that even qualifies as a stereotype because I don't think anyone believes this. There are electronic music communities in every city in the US. Pretty sure guidos are in select parts of the east coast only.

It was just a joke pal, but there is still some truth to it. "Armin Only" concert was on NYE here in Melbourne... reading through some forums this seemed to be the general consensus:

Also was it just me or was it like they were holding Jersey Shore auditions last night? I've never seen so many orange and/or shirtless people in my life.

I've noticed these roided up topless guys at all the big dance parties I went to in the last couple of years. 7,8 years ago it was all different.

Too many try hards doing the muzza dance all around.

The orange and shirtless people were everywhere. Mind you, it looked like denim was in short supply also.

ok here's dubstep:

hipster-bingo.jpg

^lol'd at guy wearing cabbie hat

It was just a joke pal, but there is still some truth to it. "Armin Only" concert was on NYE here in Melbourne... reading through some forums this seemed to be the general consensus:

there are guidos in Australia? These are ill tidings indeed.

well, if i dont make any moniez online w what ive learned on WF, at least i know what sub cultures of peeps listen to which sub genres of electronica.:music06:

also, have been listening to di.fm and dogglounge station on itunes. thnx

The bass line is pretty much what the difference in electronic music is for the most part. I'm not sure whats with all the hate on dubstep. The reason its getting more popular in the electronic genre is they are actually making dubstep music (mostly in the UK) that you can listen to when you are not on ketamine or other rave drugs. It is more like club/dance/mainstream dubstep i guess.

As Bofu said...

tumblr_ldc04hs2wr1qejiaxo1_250.gif

i guess it doesnt matter bc im seriously enjoying some bloody beetroots, rusko, king cannibal, and a few others while in the gym and on the interwebz, but i thought id ask here since this is where i discovered this music.

Trance is fast but dubstep is slow.
I can not stand dubstep but like trance.