Would you report a competitor to the SEs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleirwin

Jun 25, 2006
If you were checkin' out a competitor's site and noticed they might be doing something that could possibly be on the other side of the SE's guidelines?

There was a story in SEO Book where some guy got reported, knew who did it, and go so pissed off that he churned out a bunch of sites and ended up ranking in like 8 of the 10 top spots on google. He then sent an e-mail to the guy that reported him thanking him for the bit of motivation.

Nope. Not a rat. Instead I would dominate them for all of their best keywords like I do with ever SEO project. If someone reported me and I found out, well, then we may have a bit of a problem.. But nothing that 10 million Chinese uniques couldn't handle.

Nope, either they wouldnt last with BH techniques and will eventually be found out or they are in it for a quick buck and wont be in it for the long term

I've done it, cos it is an absolutely crap site, but getting hell good rankings from blackhat stuff. reported it twice, hasn't been banned yet tho.

Dave said:
I've done it, cos it is an absolutely crap site, but getting hell good rankings from blackhat stuff. reported it twice, hasn't been banned yet tho.

Can someone say NARC?

Status
Not open for further replies.